Sporeslimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Sporeslimes

Postby Pixie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Slimepedia

Don't let it's mushy appearance charm you.

Slimeology:

This unusual slime has a spongy body which is incompatible with other slimes. Surviving by digging itself down in vegetable patches and eating the plants inside, it will appear as though small mushrooms have invaded the dirt. The Sporeslime hardly moves but, once it has eaten enough, it will burst into two other sporeslimes, which will each seek their own patches of dirt.

Rancher Risks:

Unless properly cared for, these slimes are more than a handful. They tend not to survive long above ground and require nourishment in the ground. Following an odd Vac accident, however, ranchers have learned that the sporeslime thrive best in gardens. Tossing it just as you would a vegetable or a fruit, the slime will begin growing in the earth, sprouted out and awaiting nourishment. While the quality of the earth and the amount of water it gets will improve its durability, the slime will eventually burst, releasing two sporeslimes and a quantity of splorts proportional to the amount of vegetables fed to it while it grew on the plot. Be careful to catch the two new slimes before they reach a new garden, however, as they might ruin the harvest!

Plortonomics:

Nutritive, spongy and delicious with butter, the sporeslime's splorts are becoming a favorite of chefs with a penchant for alternative cuisine. Scientist are even turning these splorts into a nutritive paste which greatly facilitate spacefaring nutrition.
Pixie
Plort

Re: Sporeslimes

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Nice idea!
Welcome to the forums.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design