The Chromatic Slime!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The Chromatic Slime!

Postby stretch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:57 am

I was thinking that the game needed MANY more slime -maybe at least 100 when the game is finished(ACTUALLY finished, like they stop updating it)-
When i realized something that many players want to do, which is capture the golden slime.

Of course, actually being able to capture them would be completely overpowered; you wouldn't need any other slimes!
So i thought... What if the golden slime had a distant cousin... A silver slime?

So may i present to you....

- THE CHROMATIC SLIME-

Valuable, but deadly

Diet: Meat and Fruits
Favorite Food: Chrome-cherries
SLIMEOLOGY
A distant cousin of the gold slime, they are much less skittish and won't flee on sight; in fact, they will do quite the opposite. They love human flesh!
They are the most destructive type of regular slime, as they will attack ranchers on sight, and have the determination to burst out of their corral.
They love Fruits and meats, because their favorite food is a fruit: Chrome-cherries! They need them to get sufficient minerals, and are what give them their shiny sheen.

DANGERS
The Chromatic slime is very aggressive, and if not fed, will eat other slimes(Even other chromatic slimes!). They also have sharp enough teeth to break through the corral's barriers, so reinforced, solitary pens are recommended! When they eat other slimes, they turn into Largos, and worse...

PLORTOLOGY
While their plorts are not valued as much as the Gold slimes, they are more valuable than your average puddle plort.
Their plorts are the other element required to make Blue Steel, so the plorts are much more useful! Also, the elite love to wear it as jewelry, in a similiar fashion to wearing silver.

-CHROME-CHERRIES-
They have a metallic tang
Food Type: Fruit
Favorite food of: The Chromatic Slime.
stretch
Plort

Re: The Chromatic Slime!

Postby DeltaStorm » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 am

stretch wrote:I was thinking that the game needed MANY more slime -maybe at least 100 when the game is finished(ACTUALLY finished, like they stop updating it)-
When i realized something that many players want to do, which is capture the golden slime.

Of course, actually being able to capture them would be completely overpowered; you wouldn't need any other slimes!
So i thought... What if the golden slime had a distant cousin... A silver slime?

So may i present to you....

- THE CHROMATIC SLIME-

Valuable, but deadly

Diet: Meat and Fruits
Favorite Food: Chrome-cherries
SLIMEOLOGY
A distant cousin of the gold slime, they are much less skittish and won't flee on sight; in fact, they will do quite the opposite. They love human flesh!
They are the most destructive type of regular slime, as they will attack ranchers on sight, and have the determination to burst out of their corral.
They love Fruits and meats, because their favorite food is a fruit: Chrome-cherries! They need them to get sufficient minerals, and are what give them their shiny sheen.

DANGERS
The Chromatic slime is very aggressive, and if not fed, will eat other slimes(Even other chromatic slimes!). They also have sharp enough teeth to break through the corral's barriers, so reinforced, solitary pens are recommended! When they eat other slimes, they turn into Largos, and worse...

PLORTOLOGY
While their plorts are not valued as much as the Gold slimes, they are more valuable than your average puddle plort.
Their plorts are the other element required to make Blue Steel, so the plorts are much more useful! Also, the elite love to wear it as jewelry, in a similiar fashion to wearing silver.

-CHROME-CHERRIES-
They have a metallic tang
Food Type: Fruit
Favorite food of: The Chromatic Slime.

100?! Damn, shootin' for the stars.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:21 am

stretch wrote:when the game is finished(ACTUALLY finished, like they stop updating it)

Nah, they should keep updating it forever, like Minecraft. Also, maybe they can add modding and Workshop support so the community can also evolve their experience.

Maybe the developers can add new planets to explore, each with its own population of slimes. The Far, Far Range can include the star system the current game's map is located in, and you might need special gear on certain planets.

These alien environments may include unique kinds of slimes that need a special atmosphere to survive in.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby stretch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:54 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:
stretch wrote:when the game is finished(ACTUALLY finished, like they stop updating it)

Nah, they should keep updating it forever, like Minecraft. Also, maybe they can add modding and Workshop support so the community can also evolve their experience.

Maybe the developers can add new planets to explore, each with its own population of slimes. The Far, Far Range can include the star system the current game's map is located in, and you might need special gear on certain planets.

These alien environments may include unique kinds of slimes that need a special atmosphere to survive in.

Of course that would be better. I just want the developers to know that i don't expect them to have 1000000000 different slimes added in the next few years :).
Because having 100 slimes in prealpha/alpha would be a bit much
stretch
Plort

Postby SerSquidd » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:35 pm

So, I just have a question about the name.

Shouldn't they be called Chrome slimes instead of Chroma? Chroma is short for Chromatic. Chromatic. Rainbow.

Chrome is like a Platinum-Silver look, more-so how you're describing your slime.
Rock Slimes just want to hug you! LET THEM HUG YOU, YOU MONSTER.
SerSquidd
Rancher

Return to Slime Design