Tesla/Lighting slimes.

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Tesla/Lighting slimes.

Postby Tron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:56 pm

These slimes only exist on rare occasions and only by night. There are black except for Plamsa/Lighting scars on theyre body and are constantly in motion like real plasma coils. They occasionally strike nearby slimes with their lighting blasting them off in a single direction. Or they can strike an area of the ground nearby and cause the area to be on fire for only a few seconds. Its Tesla lighting strikes can do significant damage to the player causing them to lose 60—80 of their health. Their plorts are very valuable but pose major risks on ranch like setting nearby slimes on fire or striking them and shooting the up in the air and destroying the air net. Their plorts are valuable because they store great units of power enough to power cities for days. But they need to be fed a special food that contains high amount of conductive elements (maybe potassium and sodium since they are both found in the human brain and create the electrical impulses in our brain cell/neurons). I'm leaving the job of creating the food to the community don fail me. Please post your feedback down below, thanks! Heres a video for some reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13fl30
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Re: Tesla/Lighting slimes.

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:30 am

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Tron » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks I think they'll add alot more danger to this game.
Heres a though you're reading this And of ALL the places to be in the universe of all the things to do in the universe AND of ALL the times you couldve Existed in the spacetime continuum youre reading this virtual block of text.Pretty amazing huh?
Tron
Rancher

Postby SquillionthGamer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:30 pm

I think a food could be Bomb Banana or something. Bananas contain potassium so...
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby Tron » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Maybe it could be a mineral you mine or pump from the ground using drills or pumps (advanced types though) Like silicon bits you can mine from the indigo quarry. Sounds reasonable.
Tron
Rancher

Postby SquillionthGamer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah.
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm a HUGE Tesla fan! So I'm down with this idea and I SO wish it'd be implemented some how.

Tesla hated meat, he was a vegetarian but his diet was mostly warm milk as he claimed it sustained him with all the minerals and calories he needed for survival. He also rarely slept, some say he slept around 2-3hrs a day but I heard it was even less around an hour to an hour and a half if I remember correctly.

I think it would be neat to either use an existing Veggie for a Tesla Slime like a Carrot perhaps? Or better yet create a new Veggie like (insert random name here) Spinach? Now if there was a way to have milk that would be even better, than again another neat idea could be to perhaps have another thing similar to the Corral but it's like a huge Tesla electric bath aka his Cold Fire machine that only houses the Tesla Slimes.

Also the Tesla Slimes should not pose any danger but instead shoot forth healing zaps because Teslas machines never caused any harm but instead they were meant to heal the individuals who he let use them except for his Death Ray which is another story. :P
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 pm

SlimeRancherKay wrote:I'm a HUGE Tesla fan! So I'm down with this idea and I SO wish it'd be implemented some how.

Tesla hated meat, he was a vegetarian but his diet was mostly warm milk as he claimed it sustained him with all the minerals and calories he needed for survival. He also rarely slept, some say he slept around 2-3hrs a day but I heard it was even less around an hour to an hour and a half if I remember correctly.

I think it would be neat to either use an existing Veggie for a Tesla Slime like a Carrot perhaps? Or better yet create a new Veggie like (insert random name here) Spinach? Now if there was a way to have milk that would be even better, than again another neat idea could be to perhaps have another thing similar to the Corral but it's like a huge Tesla electric bath aka his Cold Fire machine that only houses the Tesla Slimes.

Also the Tesla Slimes should not pose any danger but instead shoot forth healing zaps because Teslas machines never caused any harm but instead they were meant to heal the individuals who he let use them except for his Death Ray which is another story. :P
dude what?

Who the hell is tesla? We have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Tesla coils irl can fry you if you aren't careful, as they release harmful electricity, so you shouldn't be saying they heal people
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 am

JasontheBasin wrote:
SlimeRancherKay wrote:I'm a HUGE Tesla fan! So I'm down with this idea and I SO wish it'd be implemented some how.

dude what?

Who the hell is tesla? We have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Tesla coils irl can fry you if you aren't careful, as they release harmful electricity, so you shouldn't be saying they heal people

Who is Tesla? Nikola Tesla, only the greatest inventor ever. Tesla was the one who truly invented the light-bulb and he wanted power to be free for everyone but sadly Thomas Edison stole the idea and turned it into a power hungry market. Also Tesla was the originator of all the things you see pertaining to power and fast communication devices like cellphones and so forth.

Also may I add that yes technically if the Coil or the Cold Fire made safe and originated from Tesla were to be used incorrectly people could have probably died, but the way Tesla did it - it was EXTREMELY safe! Even Mark Twain did the Cold Fire! so he must have trusted what Tesla was doing! Tesla was so amazingly smart and he trusted his work SO much that he even held electricity in his hands, electric fire balls essentially! He harnessed power! So if you or anyone else don't know who Tesla is TOUGH! you SHOULD know him!

As for what I said previously about his Cold Fire using to heal people it absolutely did HEAL people! Our bodies are made with currents, his Cold Fire was an electric baths of sorts, and it NEVER harmed anyone! It was SO trustworthy that he even tried it on a rabbit so I read and the rabbit at first was like woah what's this but then the lil guy was like amazed at the currents running through him! So if Mark Twain, Tesla, and a Rabbit could handle it I am sure the WORLD can handle it! Heck if Tesla was here I'd gladly stand on his machine and take the currents through me, he was only the greatest mind ever!
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 am

SlimeRancherKay wrote:
JasontheBasin wrote:

dude what?

Who is Tesla? Nikola Tesla, only the greatest inventor ever. Tesla was the one who truly invented the light-bulb and he wanted power to be free for everyone but sadly Thomas Edison stole the idea and turned it into a power hungry market. Also Tesla was the originator of all the things you see pertaining to power and fast communication devices like cellphones and so forth.

Also may I add that yes technically if the Coil or the Cold Fire made safe and originated from Tesla were to be used incorrectly people could have probably died, but the way Tesla did it - it was EXTREMELY safe! Even Mark Twain did the Cold Fire! so he must have trusted what Tesla was doing! Tesla was so amazingly smart and he trusted his work SO much that he even held electricity in his hands, electric fire balls essentially! He harnessed power! So if you or anyone else don't know who Tesla is TOUGH! you SHOULD know him!

As for what I said previously about his Cold Fire using to heal people it absolutely did HEAL people! Our bodies are made with currents, his Cold Fire was an electric baths of sorts, and it NEVER harmed anyone! It was SO trustworthy that he even tried it on a rabbit so I read and the rabbit at first was like woah what's this but then the lil guy was like amazed at the currents running through him! So if Mark Twain, Tesla, and a Rabbit could handle it I am sure the WORLD can handle it! Heck if Tesla was here I'd gladly stand on his machine and take the currents through me, he was only the greatest mind ever!

(Removed. No personal attacks please.) All mr. telsa did was create tesla coils which are these days represented as things that can kill you in video games.
:/

besides, there are better inventors such as Albert Einstein (I think)

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:01 am

As for going to a psych ward; I've already been there and done that pal... you're not telling me something I don't know... Now as for Tesla; You're wrong. Tesla INVENTED the Lightbulb, and a bunch of misc. things, if it weren't for Tesla we wouldn't have a lot of the things we have now!!! and yes he did invent the Coil which absolutely was an amazing invention but there is SO much more to Tesla than the Coil! Tesla also invented the Cold Fire bath, along with the Death Ray, and so forth and so on. As for his inventions being dangerous I have to disagree, Tesla would NEVER let anyone be in danger! Hypothetically speaking sure if an ignorant individual someone who was not educated in how to use Teslas' devices tried to use one they could possibly fry, but again his inventions were highly guarded! If it was so dangerous than why did Mark Twain use Teslas' Cold Fire baths? Obviously Mark Twain trusted Tesla!

As for Albert Einstein sure I suppose one could call him a genius, but there's a difference between a great mathematician and an inventor like Tesla! I am NOT saying Albert was dumb, but he had absolutely nothing on Tesla!!!

If you choose to believe Teslas' inventions were dangerous that's your prerogative, but evidence shows to the contrary that his inventions were absolutely safe if in the right hands and used under the right circumstances.

PS. as for Tesla Coils causing death in video games, since when does video games represent real life? Not all games are based on real circumstances, in FACT there has yet to be one death in real life caused by the Tesla Coil in Teslas lifetime!!! Yes in a Nancy Drew game called "The Deadly Device" the Tesla Coil killed Niko Jovic. 1. That's a video game, it's not based on real circumstances whatsoever. 2. The Coil was operated WRONGLY. 3. Niko WAS murdered! 4. The Tesla COIL is NOT DANGEROUS! 5. Tesla WAS / IS a genius! and anything to smear and shame him and or his inventions is mere propaganda because people then and now in our government don't want REAL Power to be released, the POWER that Tesla used! They want the junk that edison stole, power that can be sold for money which isn't even the same power Tesla harnessed! Today we are so scared of lightning when Tesla HELD lightning in his hands!!!

The Key is to know your history, TRUE HISTORY! not fake public school history.

Notice the images I attached, if his inventions were so dangerous why would he be sitting their comfortably reading a book while lightning is shooting all around him!? Also what am I talking about? I am merely talking about Tesla the GREATEST INVENTOR EVER! Also I was answering the OP's topic which IS about Tesla!!!! so you are technically OFF topic and in fact derailing the thread!
Attachments
TeslaGlowingOrbs300.jpg
TeslaGlowingOrbs300.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 13441 times
3c1f81722edadccd2d13bc79ae0099fd.jpg
3c1f81722edadccd2d13bc79ae0099fd.jpg (83.29 KiB) Viewed 13441 times
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby Dragonslime » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm

EVERYONE CALM DOWN.

its just electricity
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Dragonslime wrote:EVERYONE CALM DOWN.

its just electricity

But but Tesla :P I do wish I could have met the man though just to hold lightning in my hand or take his cold fire bath.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Dragonslime wrote:EVERYONE CALM DOWN.

its just electricity

ITS JUST ELECTRICITY

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Maria » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:11 pm

While tangential conversations are usually fine, please keep in mind that we're still discussing slime designs and a fellow Rancher's idea here. Try not to derail too far.
And more importantly: Do not turn another player's thread into your personal fighting pit. Keep things civil, please, no matter how passionate you are about a topic.
Maria
Admin

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:00 pm

SlimeRancherKay wrote: Who is Tesla? Nikola Tesla, only the greatest inventor ever. Tesla was the one who truly invented the light-bulb and he wanted power to be free for everyone but sadly Thomas Edison stole the idea and turned it into a power hungry market.

Woah, woah. Sorry, no. Neither Tesla or Edison invented the modern day plasma bulb. That was invented by Joseph Swan.

Edison simply joined with Swan to make Ediswan to produce the bulbs.

Edison did not make power cost money, nor did Tesla want it to be. If it was free, eventually it would become a commodity only for the rich as companies ran out of money, which was pointless.

Please check your facts.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:02 pm

SlimeRancherKay wrote:As for going to a psych ward; I've already been there and done that pal... you're not telling me something I don't know... Now as for Tesla; You're wrong. Tesla INVENTED the Lightbulb, and a bunch of misc. things, if it weren't for Tesla we wouldn't have a lot of the things we have now!!! and yes he did invent the Coil which absolutely was an amazing invention but there is SO much more to Tesla than the Coil! Tesla also invented the Cold Fire bath, along with the Death Ray, and so forth and so on. As for his inventions being dangerous I have to disagree, Tesla would NEVER let anyone be in danger! Hypothetically speaking sure if an ignorant individual someone who was not educated in how to use Teslas' devices tried to use one they could possibly fry, but again his inventions were highly guarded! If it was so dangerous than why did Mark Twain use Teslas' Cold Fire baths? Obviously Mark Twain trusted Tesla!

As for Albert Einstein sure I suppose one could call him a genius, but there's a difference between a great mathematician and an inventor like Tesla! I am NOT saying Albert was dumb, but he had absolutely nothing on Tesla!!!

If you choose to believe Teslas' inventions were dangerous that's your prerogative, but evidence shows to the contrary that his inventions were absolutely safe if in the right hands and used under the right circumstances.

PS. as for Tesla Coils causing death in video games, since when does video games represent real life? Not all games are based on real circumstances, in FACT there has yet to be one death in real life caused by the Tesla Coil in Teslas lifetime!!! Yes in a Nancy Drew game called "The Deadly Device" the Tesla Coil killed Niko Jovic. 1. That's a video game, it's not based on real circumstances whatsoever. 2. The Coil was operated WRONGLY. 3. Niko WAS murdered! 4. The Tesla COIL is NOT DANGEROUS! 5. Tesla WAS / IS a genius! and anything to smear and shame him and or his inventions is mere propaganda because people then and now in our government don't want REAL Power to be released, the POWER that Tesla used! They want the junk that edison stole, power that can be sold for money which isn't even the same power Tesla harnessed! Today we are so scared of lightning when Tesla HELD lightning in his hands!!!

The Key is to know your history, TRUE HISTORY! not fake public school history.

Notice the images I attached, if his inventions were so dangerous why would he be sitting their comfortably reading a book while lightning is shooting all around him!? Also what am I talking about? I am merely talking about Tesla the GREATEST INVENTOR EVER! Also I was answering the OP's topic which IS about Tesla!!!! so you are technically OFF topic and in fact derailing the thread!

That isn't lightning... It's just plasma reflux...
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby SlimeRancherKay » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:45 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
SlimeRancherKay wrote: Who is Tesla? Nikola Tesla, only the greatest inventor ever. Tesla was the one who truly invented the light-bulb and he wanted power to be free for everyone but sadly Thomas Edison stole the idea and turned it into a power hungry market.

Woah, woah. Sorry, no. Neither Tesla or Edison invented the modern day plasma bulb. That was invented by Joseph Swan.

Edison simply joined with Swan to make Ediswan to produce the bulbs.

Edison did not make power cost money, nor did Tesla want it to be. If it was free, eventually it would become a commodity only for the rich as companies ran out of money, which was pointless.

Please check your facts.

I would that you check your facts as well, but I'm not going to argue with you or anyone else.
SlimeRancherKay
Rancher

Return to Slime Design