Ecto Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Ecto Slime

Postby Azazel » Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 am

Some people believe ecto slimes are the ghosts of slimes who have been consumed by the Tarr. This is of course completely wrong, and there's no such thing as ghosts.

• Slimeology: Ecto slimes are a light blue with a subtle green tinge and a faint glow. Like Phosphor slimes, they are light sensitive and only come out at night. Ecto slimes are easily startled, and it's because of that that they've developed the eerie ability to become immaterial, allowing them to hide away in solid matter.
  • Rancher risks: Ecto slimes cannot be vac'd up while they are ethereal, making them tricky to catch and control. Additionally, an agitated ethereal ecto slime can cause corral force fields to malfunction if is persistent enough in trying to pass through. The only way to solidify an ecto slime is by startling it. Sudden light will startle them, so keep your flashlight handy.
  • Plortonomics: Ecto plorts are a key factor in the technology that allows slime corral force fields to contain slimes while letting ranchers pass through freely. Without ecto plorts, slime ranching itself would be a lot more difficult!
  • Diet: Fruit
  • Favourite food: Ghost Pepper
    The Ghost Pepper is a spicy fruit that grows on tall bushes found rarely in the Glass Desert. The fruit is a thin, white pepper with a curl at the end, and can only be seen at night.
  • Location: Seen at midnight on the island near the Indigo Quarry.
Last edited by Azazel on Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's easy to forget but you're playing an early access game -> back up your save files!
Azazel
Chickadoo

Re: Ecto Slime

Postby Dragonslime » Mon May 22, 2017 11:57 am

This idea is good but like instead of ecto how bout just ghost slime
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon May 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheBaddestTarr » Mon May 22, 2017 6:26 pm

No, Ecto SLime rolls of the tongue easily
Savage memes for Savage people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheBaddestTarr
Chickadoo

Postby Azazel » Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Dragonslime wrote:This idea is good but like instead of ecto how bout just ghost slime

But there's no such thing as ghosts, silly
It's easy to forget but you're playing an early access game -> back up your save files!
Azazel
Chickadoo

Postby Azazel » Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 am

So, I was exploring the range and I realized, the island off the edge of the Indigo Quarry is the perfect kind of environment thematically for Ecto slimes. And, having them only appear in autumn was a bit silly anyways. I do wonder if we'll ever get "seasons", at all.
Azazel
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design