Slime Rancher, Slime Design Guide

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Rancher, Slime Design Guide

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 am

If you are an old grandpa like me and recall me making a similar guide, Then you are correct, I made one a few months ago, which really needed revamping, and seeing some new faces, why not?

(this layout is for normal slimes, not fancy gordos/special tarrs)

quick summary/layout

Diet:

Favourite food:

slimeology:

rancher risks:

plortonomics:

plort value:

and if you want you can throw a cheesy joke before the diet.

Slime designing is simple, There are a few main things you should have in a design if you want people to go in depth with your ideas

One of those things is its diet. What does it eat? what is its favourite food? You should try to keep it in one of the 3 main food groups. vegetables, fruit and meat. What you should do is go on and create your own food, try making it smart like the heart beet. and if you can't. just give the food some cool ability, like the phase lemon

location is fair enough, where do you find it?

we've covered Diet and location, now let's go on to slimeology, This is where you want to show us what it looks like, what makes it special. Why does it burn, why does it slide? why does it fade through walls? Give a natural explanation. Something about avoiding tarrs? reaching food faster? camouflage? imagine listening to a documentary about this slime, what would that guy talk about? What the man in your head says. should be what you should type

Now, let's go to rancher risks, This is where you will discuss the risks this slime poses, Rock slimes are not aggressive, but will attack you by rolling, that is one risk. honey slimes have plorts which others slimes really want to eat. think about its slimeology. rancher risks and slimeology are tied together. if you have a fire slime, why is it difficult to ranch it? what makes it special. let's say the fire slime glow brightly in order to see in dark caves, but then it becomes more attractive to tarr and other slimes. one risk right there. Attach their ability to ranching.

plortonomics:
what are the plorts of your slime used for? simple explanation.

plort value:
think about the risks it poses, if you have a slime which is docile and kind. it should get a low price. like the pink slime. as it gets higher they should become harder to ranch.

Keep in mind this is my opinion on how to create a slime if you disagree with it is fine. tell me what you think should be fixed. and of course, you could just make a simple slime design. But if you want to go in depth as I said before. I think this layout would be best for you.

anyway, thinking of becoming more active on the forums. as I've got less school work now and more free time.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Return to Slime Design