idea for new game mechanic

Share your original Slimepedia entries

idea for new game mechanic

Postby thekitkatking » Sat May 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Introduction:

Hello Slime Rancher developers! Before you read my idea for a new game mechanic for Slime Rancher please consider the fact that I am of young age and can only use resources such as Microsoft paint to create any photos related to my topic.

I have been playing Slime rancher since one of the earliest updates and it is by far one of the best games I've seen in my life. It has amazing visuals, great mechanics, and a heart melting storyline. Along with all the newly added features I have seen some ideas created, shared, and submitted to you by some of the game's followers. In turn I would like to submit my own idea as well.

My Idea

My idea is for a new game mechanic. The direct item warp. The direct item warp could be used as an automated item transportation system, to help people playing the game focus on exploring the amazing lands of the Far Far Range.

Mechanics:

Unlike other transportation systems in Slime Rancher, such as the pink/grey/blue warp depot, instead of using specific gadget placement areas, the direct item warp could attach to any input or output source, including plort collectors or extraction gadgets for input. alongside auto feeders, all silos, the plort market, and the refinery for output.

Blueprints And Fabrication:

The direct item warp's blueprints could be bought for 5,000 Newbucks.
And could be fabricated for(Lava Dust X2,Strange Diamond X2,Indigonium X 20, Rad Plort X 30, and Quantum Plort X 10)

When fabricated it could come in pairs of two, an input and an output item warp.

Images And Design:

This is a 2D model of what the Direct Item Warp could possibly look like.
idea.png
idea.png (16.41 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

The design would look like a plug, effectively plugging up the selected item transporter and allowing all items to be sent through a portal located inside the module.

These are 3D models of what could potentially be seen when in tech mode while looking at the links between two input and output direct item warps.

This image is of one pink warp depot directly connecting to the plort market machine.
img 1.png
img 1.png (230.09 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

This image is of two different plort collectors directly connecting to two different slots on a silo.
img 2.png
img 2.png (254.6 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

The links could be a different color for each different one and could be overlaid above all other textures(much like the home symbol that appears when using the radar mode).

Conclusion:
Thank you Slime Rancher development team for reading and I hope you consider my idea. Have a nice day!

My Email Address:
fletcher.ryn.mutrt@gmail.com
seriously though, why isn't this game #1 game of the year yet?
thekitkatking
Rancher

Re: idea for new game mechanic

Postby thekitkatking » Sat May 13, 2017 9:35 pm

For any non-dev readers. Please be aware that this idea was meant to be read by the developers. But others can still read it though.
seriously though, why isn't this game #1 game of the year yet?
thekitkatking
Rancher

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Sat May 13, 2017 11:40 pm

thekitkatking wrote:Introduction:

Hello Slime Rancher developers! Before you read my idea for a new game mechanic for Slime Rancher please consider the fact that I am of young age and can only use resources such as Microsoft paint to create any photos related to my topic.

I have been playing Slime rancher since one of the earliest updates and it is by far one of the best games I've seen in my life. It has amazing visuals, great mechanics, and a heart melting storyline. Along with all the newly added features I have seen some ideas created, shared, and submitted to you by some of the game's followers. In turn I would like to submit my own idea as well.

My Idea

My idea is for a new game mechanic. The direct item warp. The direct item warp could be used as an automated item transportation system, to help people playing the game focus on exploring the amazing lands of the Far Far Range.

Mechanics:

Unlike other transportation systems in Slime Rancher, such as the pink/grey/blue warp depot, instead of using specific gadget placement areas, the direct item warp could attach to any input or output source, including plort collectors or extraction gadgets for input. alongside auto feeders, all silos, the plort market, and the refinery for output.

Blueprints And Fabrication:

The direct item warp's blueprints could be bought for 5,000 Newbucks.
And could be fabricated for(Lava Dust X2,Strange Diamond X2,Indigonium X 20, Rad Plort X 30, and Quantum Plort X 10)

When fabricated it could come in pairs of two, an input and an output item warp.

Images And Design:

This is a 2D model of what the Direct Item Warp could possibly look like.
idea.png

The design would look like a plug, effectively plugging up the selected item transporter and allowing all items to be sent through a portal located inside the module.

These are 3D models of what could potentially be seen when in tech mode while looking at the links between two input and output direct item warps.

This image is of one pink warp depot directly connecting to the plort market machine.
img 1.png

This image is of two different plort collectors directly connecting to two different slots on a silo.
img 2.png

The links could be a different color for each different one and could be overlaid above all other textures(much like the home symbol that appears when using the radar mode).

Conclusion:
Thank you Slime Rancher development team for reading and I hope you consider my idea. Have a nice day!

My Email Address:
fletcher.ryn.mutrt@gmail.com

It's a great idea, but Slime Design is mainly for designs for slimes, this might be better suited in either Creative, or General.
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 am

Good idea, but this thread should have been posted on the General Discussion subforum instead of this one.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design