Gilded Ginger

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Gilded Ginger

Postby Kataztrophie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm

"All that gingers is gold."

Occurrence: Grows very rarely with vegetables both on the ranch and on the range after a random number of days that is over 100.

Type: Veggie*

Favorite of: Gold slime

About:

Every myth has a small foothold in reality, and gilded ginger is no different. Long thought to be an old rancher's tale, the gilded ginger has started popping up recently on the range. Much like the Odd Onion, gilded ginger won't grow on its own. It's able to grow in any vegetable plot in the Far, Far Range, including appearing randomly in your own gardens. It's almost as elusive as the Gold slime that loves it so much.

On the Ranch:

Lucky ranchers will occasionally find a gilded ginger in their harvests. When a rancher tries to plant the gilded ginger, the result will be a random** vegetable from the Far, Far Range with ONE Gilded Ginger root. This crop will only yield one harvest.***

Some notes:

* Or it could be a special food type that any slime could eat. Since it would randomly spawn with all the root vegetables, it would make more sense for it to fall in the veggie category

** Random isn't so random. Ideally, it would only spawn randomly based on what areas the player has unlocked. For example, if only have the glass desert, it only spawns carrots. If you have the Indigo Quarry, you could get a crop of Heartbeets, or Oca Oca, or some carrots with odd onions. If you have the Glass Desert, you can get the silver parsnip as the rest of the crop. Originally I posted this as it having an amalgam of all possible vegetables, but there's only 4 slots on a vacpack and there will be five vegetables once the Glass Desert is live, and gilded ginger would bring that number to six.

***The reason for this is so ranchers can't try and get more ginger. It spawns and that's the one you get. Save it and wait if you want more.
Kataztrophie
Chickadoo

Re: Gilded Ginger

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 am

Gilded ginger is meant to be a way to tame gold slimes, not feed them for more plorts.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to Slime Design