[Slime Suggestion] Lava Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

[Slime Suggestion] Lava Slime

Postby z0mbiesrock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:12 am

Plort Starting value: 40

Usual Habitat: Volcanic terrain

No image at the moment

Lava Slime
(looks similar to a Boom Slime, but the "red" coloring is a dark brown/rocky texture along with lava veins. It has a fiery coat unless recently doused.)

Joke/Pun: Need s'more warm and fuzzy slimes in your life?*

Diet: Chickens

Favorite: Elder Hens and Elder Roostros

Slimeology: Lava slimes are a hot coal not unlike the Boom Slime. However, they are more docile and do not explode. They are carnivorous, but their meat-based diet is chickens only. They lack predatory skills, and prefer the older and less feisty chickens. Their fiery skin gives them some defense against nearly any threats, and makes them quite unstable near flammable objects.

A Lava slime that is exposed to water loses its protective veil of flame, and will take about a day for it to rekindle itself. During that time, it gets hungry much faster, but it can refire itself immediately when it eats some tasty chicken.

Risks:
Lava Slimes, given their docility, are less likely to intentionally harm Ranchers; however, their fiery bodies make them difficult (if not impossible) to safely vac in without becoming engulfed in flames. They can also light other species of slimes on fire on contact, causing them to degrade and eventually perish. Lava slimes can also cause plants and crops to spontaneously combust with their mere presence. Always have some emergency water nearby to avoid burning your ranch down.

Their plorts are also engulfed in flames after being recently produced. Fortunately, they quickly extinguish themselves when vac'd. Largoes are possible, yet the veil of flame makes the plorts unfit for any slime to consume.

Plortonomics: Lava plorts are used as a renewable and more efficient alternative to coal on Earth. They are easy to extinguish and reignite, and are also great for starting campfires.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Re: [Slime Suggestion] Lava Slime

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:47 am

z0mbiesrock wrote:They are carnivorous, but their meat-based diet is chickens only. They lack predatory skills, and prefer the older and less feisty chickens.

Well I guess this guy's gonna go hungry because chickens are all the way at home.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
z0mbiesrock wrote:They are carnivorous, but their meat-based diet is chickens only. They lack predatory skills, and prefer the older and less feisty chickens.

Well I guess this guy's gonna go hungry because chickens are all the way at home.

They get hungry very slowly when they are burning, and are able to eat normal chickens (The elder chickens are their favorite food, not their only food). That should be a balance for them.
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:11 pm

I like them. They're much more like I expected Boom Slimes to be when I first saw one. Then Slimpedia was all "No, Piffy, they're made of explosions, not lava." XD

And I like how these little guys pose their own unique hazard to your stuff.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:

They get hungry very slowly when they are burning, and are able to eat normal chickens (The elder chickens are their favorite food, not their only food). That should be a balance for them.

Uh, that's not what I meant, 'chickens' are not hen hens or roostro's.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:01 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:
z0mbiesrock wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:

Well, hen hens and roostros evolved from chickens introduced onto the planet from Earth, so they must also count as "chickens".
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby DeltaStorm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:07 pm

z0mbiesrock wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:
z0mbiesrock wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:

Well, hen hens and roostros evolved from chickens introduced onto the planet from Earth, so they must also count as "chickens".

Just noticed they are chickens, but the slime should still eat meat in general.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:10 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:Just noticed they are chickens, but the slime should still eat meat in general.

Chickens are currently the only meat in the game, so it's not like that matters yet. :p
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby lbyrne2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:17 am

z0mbiesrock wrote:
Plortonomics: Lava plorts are used as a renewable and more efficient alternative to coal on Earth. They are easy to extinguish and reignite, and are also great for starting campfires.

um. really? alternative to coal. first of all, they are called the fire slimes from the glass desert update, and secondly, this is the far future. COAL was abandoned years ago.
Stephen Hawking wrote: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

███▓▒░░.I dislike the 255 character limit.░░▒▓███
lbyrne2
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:43 am

lbyrne2 wrote:
z0mbiesrock wrote:

um. really? alternative to coal. first of all, they are called the fire slimes from the glass desert update, and secondly, this is the far future. COAL was abandoned years ago.

This was made two years ago, back when the glass desert, fire slimes, ruins, slime science and quarry all didn't exist.

Check the date before you're going to necro a thread.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby AbaddonAnt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 am

lbyrne2 wrote:

Did you really need to be that condescending.
P R O C R A S T I N A T I O N
AbaddonAnt
Rancher

Return to Slime Design