A Leafy Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

A Leafy Slime

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Plort Starting Value: 45 (Medium Tier)

Rarity: Is rarely found during the day in certain spots of the Moss Blanket (Entrance and on ledges.)

The 'Shrub Slime'

They sunbathe all day!

Diet: Water and Sunlight

Favorite: None

Slimeology: The Shrub Slime is a rare species of Slime which seems to be more plant then slime, it has a plant, similar to that of a shurb, growing on the head, and with them possessing phytohormones, like Auxin, which helps them grow the plant's root growing within the slime's slimey interior. The slime also has chlorophyll in its body, which even affects the colour of the Slime, it would be a white colour if it did not have the chlorophyll. It is quite shy and will not approach ranchers, special care is advised for the slimes, you will need to water them everyday (Or a sprinkler will do) and let it be exposed to sunlight, it will slowly die without sunlight, and try to find sunlight if it's close to death. The photosynthesis is used to make energy for the plant on top of its head, but the slime absorbs some of this energy for itself, along with some plant hormones and cells. but in return it will supply it with sunlight. It will also drink water, this water is absorbed from the slimey interior into the plant. When need of nutrients, the slime will stop, and the root will begin to dig through the ground from the slime interior, and will try to gain nutreints, after this process, a plort is produced. The plant and slime cannot live without each other. Some slime scientists believe this relationship may have started with a Puddle slime, where a shrub may have started to grow on the puddle slime's head, and the plant allowed it to bounce on land, and the slime allowed it a guaranteed source of water. The shrub is sometimes called 'Puddle Shrubs' because of this due to the relationship with the Puddle slime that has been suggested.

The puddle Shrub is also a shrub that has evolved to grow on these slimes, and the suggestion comes from the fact that they can grow on a puddle slime, but it seems to not live very long if uprooted onto a puddle slime, a study on a seed growing on a puddle slime is being carried out now, and results are expected to be seen soon. It is being carried out to see if the seeds cause the transformation so the living conditions are met.

Risks: Not only does this slime require water and sun light, but they require fertile soil, so gardens with the nutrient soil upgrade is advised, they will also fertilize your soil after feeding, so appreciate its existence as a free-range slime, this is because the roots of the slime's plant leaves a second plort under the ground, which acts as a fertilizer.

Plortonomics: The plorts is used to fertilize soil with a special nutrient found only in the Shrub Slime dubbed 'Slimeopuddlus', named after the theory of origin for the shrub slime.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Re: A Leafy Slime

Postby Pigcatapult » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:50 pm

... Dude. You stole my slime idea from this thread. Not cool and not okay. =|
Last edited by Pigcatapult on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:... Dude. You stole my slime idea from this thread. Not cool. =|

wat, I didn't even check that thread (I checked it again recently, didn't see it until I posted this) after it was originally posted I genuinely had no idea you made a plant slime.

Eh, who cares, there's alot of similar ideas in this forums, you're not the first to think of a plant slime, and neither am I, all that matters is that it is unique.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Then at least change the thread title so it doesn't have my slime's name on it. >=|
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Then at least change the thread title so it doesn't have my slime's name on it. >=|

Are you serious? If you haven't noticed, alot of my slime ideas have these types of titles. (E.g, A Slime idea that may Shock ya)

The name of the slime is actually the 'shrub slime' if you actually read the post.

(More of them, https://gyazo.com/d85f0409e1c0baaca89a13a81bda355c

https://gyazo.com/7ac2bc5de97ebf510f1655686aa30985 )
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Yes, I'm serious. My slime is named "Leafy Slime". I've noticed that your actual post calls it a Shrub Slime, which is why I didn't ask you to change the name. Do you think I'm stupid?

I'm planning to make a thread for my Leafy Slime, and if you haven't noticed, I use the title format "[Slime Suggestion] NameOfSlime"

(I've also your passive-aggressive-as-heck addition to your Slime Idea Guide, btw)
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:Yes, I'm serious. My slime is named "Leafy Slime". I've noticed that your actual post calls it a Shrub Slime, which is why I didn't ask you to change the name. Do you think I'm stupid?

I'm planning to make a thread for my Leafy Slime, and if you haven't noticed, I use the title format "[Slime Suggestion] NameOfSlime"

Well what should I call it to keep it in the style?

You know what, I don't even need to change the title because an Idea is an IDEA, you cannot claim an IDEA because it is a thought process, if I *did* get inspired from your post, it would not be stealing because the only similarity is the design of the appearance AND the plort use, nothing else is the same, I don't see your slime rooting into the ground and extracting nutrients to feed, do you?
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:09 pm

DeltaStorm wrote:Well what should I call it to keep it in the style?

Actually, your current one isn't really with the previous naming style.

Anyways, maybe you can call it something like:

"A new slime is growing?"

Idk...

-----

For the actual suggestion: If they require sunlight, does that mean that they can't live in a Corral with a Solar Shield? Or are they not supposed to be held in a Corral at all? (It seems like they can be, but you'll just get some extra benefits if they aren't.)

Would they die at night? How would you keep them in sunlight at night?
Last edited by SpiralRancher02 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:10 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
DeltaStorm wrote:Well what should I call it to keep it in the style?

Actually, your current one isn't really with the previous naming style.

Anyways, maybe you can call it something like:

"A new slime is growing?"

Idk...

Actually that's not bad, but I'm keeping my ROOTS in this.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby Pokegreen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm

LEFE SLIME
Attachments
Drawing (14).png
Drawing (14).png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 10176 times
i am so old!
Pokegreen
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Pokegreen wrote:LEFE SLIME

Was bumping a two months old post worth it?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Pokegreen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:40 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:
Pokegreen wrote:LEFE SLIME

Was bumping a two months old post worth it?

Yes, it definately was
i am so old!
Pokegreen
Rancher

Postby Matoka » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:48 am

I also made a plant-like slime, can we stop being rude about it, and instead just be happy we all want a similar slime, meaning its more likely to get into the game?
I mean, why did we have to take a negative selfish attitude towards this, makes me sad :(
This was my version btw, it was in my thread:

Edit: Whoops, this is a 2 month old post, sorry.
Matoka
Plort

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Matoka wrote:I also made a plant-like slime, can we stop being rude about it, and instead just be happy we all want a similar slime, meaning its more likely to get into the game?
I mean, why did we have to take a negative selfish attitude towards this, makes me sad :(
This was my version btw, it was in my thread:

Edit: Whoops, this is a 2 month old post, sorry.

The forums were a lot smaller then, and I don't have a great memory, but I think this fight happened during a period where I forgot to take my meds for like three days in a row and I was overreacting to everything (not that being off your meds is an excuse for behaving badly). I apologised in some other thread.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Return to Slime Design