Coral Slime Idea (From the Puddle Plateau thread)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Coral Slime Idea (From the Puddle Plateau thread)

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Coral Slime
Diet: Water, Veggies
Favorite Food: Sea Cucumber (not like the slug, but a blue cucumber with a orange polka-dot pattern on it)
When/Where it is found: Puddle Plateau (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3943)
Rarity: From a scale of 1-10, 1 being most common, it would be about a 6.
Plort Cost: 30 NB

Slimology:
Coral Slimes are the reason the Slime Sea exists. When the Coral Slime found that the Dry Reef was too dry for it, it decided to move on into the Slime Sea. They then discovered a new home, or the Puddle Plateau. At the time, the Far, Far Range was a very dry time, and when the Coral Slimes found a new, wetter home, their slime began to produce a watery substance. Because there were so many Coral Slimes at their new home, the Slime Sea began to form when a waterfall of slime came from the Slime Falls, thus giving the island it's name.

Rancher Risks:
Coral Slimes aren't much of an issue. In fact, they do more good than bad. When fed, there's a chance it will drop a bit of water that can be sucked up for later usage.

Plortonomics:
The Plorts of this species of Slime are used globally to help tend to the coral reefs. Studies have shown that any fish caught in oil or any other unhealthy substance, that a Coral Plort can help the fish survive. Coral reefs absorb the Plort so that they don't get bleached when the sun is too much for them, so it acts as a sunscreen. Humans too have tried to use the Coral Slime's Plorts for sunscreen, but many have discovered that too much contact with these Plorts cause rashes and burning. Plus, it stinks.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Re: Coral Slime Idea (From the Puddle Plateau thread)

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Nice idea! The plort price however seems to be a little too big for a slime that has barely any risks.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 am

EmeraldPlay, I mainly based the Plort price on the Honey Slime. It doesn't have any risks whatsoever, yet the price is still bigger than the Rock Slime, which does have dangers. Not only that, but the Coral Slime is relatively rare with a 1-10 average of 6, so I think the Plort price is fine.
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm

ThunderstruckHR wrote:Sea Cucumber (not like the slug, but a blue cucumber with a orange polka-dot pattern on it)
Coral Slimes are the reason the Slime Sea exists.
When the Coral Slime found that the Dry Reef was too dry for it...
The Plorts of this species of Slime are used globally to help tend to the coral reefs. Coral reefs absorb the Plort so that they don't get bleached when the sun is too much for them, so it acts as a sunscreen.

Quick corrections:
• Sea cucumbers aren't actually slugs!
• The Dry Reef was completely underwater till 100 years before Beatrix arrived, making coral slimes relatively new.
• The Slime Sea is just a load of water full of melted slimes.
• Corals usually only bleach when a COTS attack occurs or if the water is too hot, as the algae that colours it in fact benefits from harsh sunlight as they are photosynthetic.

Other than that, not much I can say is bad! Good job!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby ThunderstruckHR » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:28 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
ThunderstruckHR wrote:Sea Cucumber (not like the slug, but a blue cucumber with a orange polka-dot pattern on it)
Coral Slimes are the reason the Slime Sea exists.
When the Coral Slime found that the Dry Reef was too dry for it...
The Plorts of this species of Slime are used globally to help tend to the coral reefs. Coral reefs absorb the Plort so that they don't get bleached when the sun is too much for them, so it acts as a sunscreen.

Quick corrections:
• Sea cucumbers aren't actually slugs!
• The Dry Reef was completely underwater till 100 years before Beatrix arrived, making coral slimes relatively new.
• The Slime Sea is just a load of water full of melted slimes.
• Corals usually only bleach when a COTS attack occurs or if the water is too hot, as the algae that colours it in fact benefits from harsh sunlight as they are photosynthetic.

Other than that, not much I can say is bad! Good job!

Oh wow I really need to do my research hahaha
Kanye 2020
also i like pasta
ThunderstruckHR
Rancher

Return to Slime Design