The lost mangroves & 3 new slimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The lost mangroves & 3 new slimes

Postby RowletAlex » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:39 am

The lost mangroves is an ancient area that seems to have been inhabited by slimes ever since it rose above the slime sea. Freshwater continuously bubbles up from underground, and mixes with the slime sea to make a sort of brackish water. This water is suitable for swimming, but not for drinking. Fortunately the area is walled off by mangrove trees, but this doesn't prevent slimes from leaving the area as they please.
Local slimes:

Bubble slime
These slimes float on the surface of the water, and require a semiaquatic upgrade for Corral's in order to not dry up. They don't really control where they go, they just go with the flow and hope it leads them to their favorite food, Goose Hens.
Diet: meat
Favorite food: Goose Hens
Rancher risks: Nothing to worry about, except the fact they occasionally float out of roofless corrals, which leads to unintended largos, and then worse...
Plortonomics: Bubble plorts can be used for buoyancy, and when applied to a ship's hull it can become almost unsinkable! Though nobody seems to notice they deteriorate in cold water...

Mud slime
These slimes live underground, emerging at low tide to forage for their favorite food, Mud spuds. After gorging themselves, these secretive slimes dash back to their holes before high tide to avoid the harsh sunlight that falls on the lost mangroves. This gives the solar shield another use, too.
Rancher risks: Not really a risk if left alone, but when ranching mud slimes you tend to get muddy. Oh, and mud fights. Then these slimes are more dangerous than Tarr.
Diet: veggies
Favorite food: Mud spud
Plortonomics: mud plorts actually make great fertilizer, and are used across the galaxy, especially newly colonized planets. In fact, the nutrient soil upgrade in your gardens uses mud plorts!

Jellyfish slime
These transparent slimes swim though the water, guarding their favorite Shrimp pepper trees. When there is no apparent threat, the slimes still can't rest, due to the currents in the waters of the lost mangroves that could sweep them away from home, waay into the slime sea, where they can't actually swim. It requires an aquarium upgrade to ponds, but it's worth it, because their plorts are extremely valuable, and the slimes themselves are really cute.
Diet: fruit
Favorite food: Shrimp pepper
Rancher risks: Hungry jellyfish slimes are unhappy. Unhappy jellyfish slimes sting. Stings mean a ruined day at the beach/ranch. Remember to feed your jellyfish slimes.
Plortonomics: jellyfish plorts can be used in all sorts of things, from batteries to microwaves to tasers. This makes them very valuable, but their price tends to fluctuate more often than other plorts do.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Re: The lost mangroves & 3 new slimes

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:56 am

Great ideas!
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Twerps3 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:45 am

Yeah this is cool, could be close to the lost ruins
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 pm

It took a while, but I made images for the three slimes, you can use them if you want to.

Bubble Slime:

Jellyfish Slime:

Mud Slime:
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 am

Wow, those are awesome! Thanks so much!
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Return to Slime Design