Suggestion: Fennec Fox Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Suggestion: Fennec Fox Slime

Postby fortehluls » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

So I actually asked a Slime Rancher Streamer (who happens to be an artist in her spare time) what she thought this might look like, and she was kind enough to give me an adorable sketch (Which those interested can find on her Instagram here https://www.instagram.com/foxeetreasures/ its quite obvious which sketch is the one of the Fennec Slime)

(You can also check out her Youtube channel where she has her own Slime Rancher Playthrough here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSVIcu ... YdRLLHZSqA )

Attitude towards ranchers: Fennec foxes are skittish, hyper, and curious by nature, so it only makes sense that their slime would be equally as skittish, hyper, and curious. When a rancher approaches them they scatter and look for tall grass or foliage to hide in/behind, but once you feed them (Meat) they will happily follow you for a short while watching you with curiosity.

Favorite Food: Regular HenHens When fed these they race around happily with a little burst of energy.

Unique behavior: At night fennec foxes curl up in a ball and sleep with little animated Z's and their long poofy tails wrapped around them for warmth. (while in a corral they huddle together at night and sleep in a foxpile)

Size: Fennec Slimes would have to be a bit smaller than regular slimes as their real life counter parts are pretty small (think mix between kitten and puppy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsgEtNeJ-Ps <-- This is a real Fennec Fox for any who question whether its cute enough to deserve its own slime, or to any who have never seen one before (they are adorable and you will want one.. You have been warned lol)
fortehluls
Chickadoo

Re: Suggestion: Fennec Fox Slime

Postby LotusRancher » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:28 pm

I believe that these would be cute but do they produce plorts or fuzz? It would be interesting to be able to have multiple sources of income live fuzz markets and such if ever added
The lotus is as evil as it is beautiful.
LotusRancher
Chickadoo

Postby fortehluls » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:37 pm

LotusRancher wrote:I believe that these would be cute but do they produce plorts or fuzz? It would be interesting to be able to have multiple sources of income live fuzz markets and such if ever added

My initial thought was that their plorts would have mini versions of their signature giant ears and poofy tails while being a bit smaller than other plorts lol
fortehluls
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 am

That would be a great slime to have in the game, but there's just a single problem - based on the devs' policies about slime suggestions, it's rather unlikely that it will be ever added.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby fortehluls » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:04 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:That would be a great slime to have in the game, but there's just a single problem - based on the devs' policies about slime suggestions, it's rather unlikely that it will be ever added.

If the best I can do is get this post some attention from the community and possibly the Devs thats more than enough. I want to at least plant the seed of an idea involving Fennec Foxes so maybe someday it could become a reality, beats leaving the idea in my head where no one else can see/evaluate it :)
fortehluls
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design