The "Rewind" Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The "Rewind" Slime

Postby base4 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:43 pm

REWIND SLIME

Fun fact: I drew this entire thing in Microsoft Paint.

Jumping, hopping time machines.

Diet
Vegetables

Favorite
Silver Parsnip

Description
The Rewind Slime (otherwise known by ranchers as the "rewinder"), is a relatively uncommon slime found in the Glass Desert. This slime can rewind its position in time by a few seconds, allowing it to return to previous spots. When it rewinds, it makes a distinct sound resembling a rewinding tape recorder, and the symbols on its sides turn a bright red. They are not big fans of heights, and will rewind back to the ground if launched upwards.

It is believed that these slimes were formed by accident by scientists experimenting with Strange Diamonds. When slimes were given refined Strange Diamond, they began to exhibit the ability to bend time around them, allowing these slimes to escape their captors and roam freely about the desert. Slime scientists are still unsure as to how these slimes multiplied, but they think it has something to do with consuming Strange Diamonds.

Rancher Risks
Rewind Slimes pose no direct risk to ranchers, but they are skittish and able to evade capture. These crafty slimes, if shot into corrals from outside, will rewind out of corrals when the rancher walks away. When being vac'd up, Rewind Slimes will frequently rewind out of a rancher's grasp when the vacuum begins to pull on them, and then start to hop away. Fortunately, for a few seconds after a rewind, they won't have anywhere to rewind to. Ranchers can also feed these slimes to make them docile, and they will no longer evade capture. Interestingly, Rewind Slimes also exhibit primitive defense mechanisms against tarrs. When grasped by a tarr, they will 'rewind' out of its reach and flee.

Unfortunately for ranchers, however, rewind slimes become defiant when hungry. If they are not properly fed, they will actively avoid recapture by ranchers by rewinding in smaller bursts. When hungry, Rewind Largos are even more clever and wait for ranchers to move them out of corrals before rewinding out of their grasp to escape confinement. This makes it crucial that rewind slimes be properly fed and cared for, lest they join forces with the chickens to take over the world.

Plortonics
Rewind Slimes' plorts are used today in manufacturing cheaper light-speed drives other space-warping technologies. Before the rewind slime, Strange Diamonds would need to be used for these technologies to work, but rewind plorts have strange properties that amplify the power of the strange diamond within them. Unfortunately, they require very advanced, very large technology to harness, too large for small devices like teleporters.

Plort Value

I tried to cover everything here that I could, to the point where the idea sort of fits with the game's current mechanics and doesn't contradict anything spectacularly.
Last edited by base4 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Slime Ranch? More like RANCH DRESSING, am I right!?
Check out this slime idea I came up with: The Rewind Slime
And my theory on the Ancient Ruins: What are the Ancient Ruins?
base4
Rancher

Re: The "Rewind" Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 am

Good idea!
It shows that you tried to make it as best as you possibly could!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: The "Rewind" Slime

Postby Onyxdragon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:12 pm

I really like this idea and I think this could be an actual Slime in the game! I haven't seen a sile concept as unique as this in a while.
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Return to Slime Design