Golden Puddles

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Golden Puddles

Postby CakeFlour » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:34 am

Golden Puddle
Just like liquid sunshine!

Diet: Water

Favorites: N/A

Slimeology: Every once in awhile traces of minerals from the Indigo Quarry soak into the water, and when the puddle slimes soak it up they might soak up rare gold dust with it, turning them a shiny gold color. Despite being similar to Gold Slimes, they don't posses the same qualities of them. The amazing part of it is, they WILL PRODUCE GOLD PLORTS... when they feel like it...

Rancher Risks: Since Puddle Slimes are shy by nature, they really dislike being crowded; however, gold puddles are even more introverted. They are very self conscience about there gold color and make a big fuss over it, leading them to needing an entire pond to themselves before they can start producing plorts. Additionally, the odds of them producing a gold plort is still rather rare, they still produce normal puddle plorts the majority of the time.

Plortnomics: See Gold "Slimes"

(Came up with this idea, when brainstorming possible uses for Gold Plorts beyond selling them)
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Re: Golden Puddles

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Compared to other slime ideas, this one is unique. I like it!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:40 pm

That sounds perfect! Lots of us wanted puddle largos, but as that don't have mouths, this makes much more sense!

I do think that some sort of variation of the gold plort might be a little better (flatter, transparent ect) to show that it takes a lot of effort for it to make solid plort, but still, great ideas!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby CakeFlour » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Hey, been awhile, but i went ahead and made a little doodle of the Golden puddle. not much, but i hope it looks good.
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 pm

I found one of these, I called it a Liquid Gold Slime, but I've only ever seen one, I'm surprised anyone else had ever seen one, I'm glad I saw this, because frankly, I'd forgotten about it, I took a few pictures of it, and I can see you don't have any of it, only an illustration, so heres one of the pictures I took, it even produced a golden plort right before I took the picture!

Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 am

BeatrixLeBeau wrote:I found one of these, I called it a Liquid Gold Slime, but I've only ever seen one, I'm surprised anyone else had ever seen one, I'm glad I saw this, because frankly, I'd forgotten about it, I took a few pictures of it, and I can see you don't have any of it, only an illustration, so heres one of the pictures I took, it even produced a golden plort right before I took the picture!

Sorry if I sound rude, but could you please post feedback about the slime rather than doing one of your edits? The slime design section is really for slime ideas and feedback (though images of slime designs also work).
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:35 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
BeatrixLeBeau wrote:I found one of these, I called it a Liquid Gold Slime, but I've only ever seen one, I'm surprised anyone else had ever seen one, I'm glad I saw this, because frankly, I'd forgotten about it, I took a few pictures of it, and I can see you don't have any of it, only an illustration, so heres one of the pictures I took, it even produced a golden plort right before I took the picture!

Sorry if I sound rude, but could you please post feedback about the slime rather than doing one of your edits? The slime design section is really for slime ideas and feedback (though images of slime designs also work).

Just letting people know what they might look like in game, and I don't make slimepedia entries unless I'm asked too. Anyway, it's a nice slime idea, and I wouldn't have made the edit if I didn't like it.
Feel free to PM me with any slime requests, and I'll make you an image of them in the game.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Postby CakeFlour » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:57 am

As Much as I appreciate the gesture, maybe just word the post in a way that doesn't seem like its a real thing. I know it's fake, you know it's fake. no sense in getting some random person's hopes up who misinterprets it.
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 am

Good Idea...but, Gold Slimes should be rare, why not making Gold puddle slimes a rare Puddle Slime?
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby BeatrixLeBeau » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:38 pm

CakeFlour wrote:As Much as I appreciate the gesture, maybe just word the post in a way that doesn't seem like its a real thing. I know it's fake, you know it's fake. no sense in getting some random person's hopes up who misinterprets it.

If I wanted people to think it was real, I wouldn't be posting these in the Slime Design section, I would be posting in general, with some line like, "Has anyone else found this!?" or "Is this a bug?" or ever "New Slimes already in the game?"

As you probably already know, slime design posts don't get put in the game, this forum page is mainly just for fun. It should be fairly obvious to anyone that the posts I make aren't real, anyway, I don't want to derail the post any further than I already have, so as I said before, great idea.
BeatrixLeBeau
Rancher

Return to Slime Design