Rabbit Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Rabbit Slime

Postby KitsuneNoMeiji » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:08 am

Disclaimer: I am certain others have made Rabbit Slime ideas, but this one's mine.

I'm not a very artsy person, therefore I don't have visuals... sorry.

Rabbit Slime
Information:

Diet: Veggies and Fruits

Favorite: Carrot

Base Plort Price: 15

Slimeology: Considered cute and cudly, it is sought after by many as a household pet. The Rabbit slime is considered more playful and less mischevious than its equally adorable counterpart, the Tabby Slime. What it lacks in mischief, it gains in jump height. Considered the most agile of the slimes, the Rabbit slime has an incredible jump height, after a brief charge, and is faster than most normal slimes.

Rancher Risks: Due to the jump height of a single Rabbit Slime, they can easily bound over the base tier borders, making heigher walls an essential to holding them. There have also been cases where an overpopulation of Rabbit Slimes in a single corral overburdens the net, allowing them to escape even from a higher corral. It has been shown that they can stack on each other and jump from the head of another Rabbit Slime, giving them enough height to hit a net, or escape if the net isn't present. Aside from abode-related complaints, there have also been reports that Rabbit Slimes love to ride ontop of the heads of their Ranchers. Though this doesn't do any harm, too many Rabbit Slimes on the Rancher's head would cause sluggish movement, due to the extra weight.

Plort: The Rabbit Slime's Plort is mostly only useful for fertilization. However, there are brave few who enjoy the taste. Due to its usefulness for fertilization and its "unique" taste it would sell for a higher price, but thanks to the harmlessness of the slime that produces it, it is a quite common product to get your hands on.
KitsuneNoMeiji
Plort

Re: Rabbit Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:21 am

Nice idea, however a slime's favorite food shouldn't be an abundant and easily obtainable resource like carrots, even though it's fitting here. I'm saying that because you could just get a bunch of carrots and get the same amount of money as you could get from a slime with a more valuable plort like a Honey Slime.

P.S. Were you a lurker before? Because your account was made eleven months ago, and this is your first post. If that's the case, welcome!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm

I have to agree with EmeraldPlay. The carrot is too common of a food source to be a favorite, and if the plort value is any better than a pink slime it's just a little over powered. Remember, when you are getting creative, feel free to make more things up. Maybe some form of carrot mutant, like how the odd onion grows only with carrots and may just be a genetic mishap with one, the favorite food could be, say, a carrot that got mixed with, say, a pogofruit. (Hey, you did say it eats fruits, as well)(That might be funny, though. Carrots growing on trees...)

I'm sorry, I've said too much.

I'll leave now...
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Postby kaylimoon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:23 pm

I actually really like the idea. If the plort value is low (close to Pink slimes or lower) it could actually be good.
While carrots are abundant, anything that's farmable can be considered abundant after a certain point, and with the introduction of Slime Science, making teleporters to specific food sources make them much easier to obtain anyways. I don't really see a reason for a slime to not have a favorite food like carrots or pogo fruit, even if they are common sources.

Take a look at the new hunter slimes for example. Roostros aren't exactly rare. They're considered uncommon, but they can be found everywhere, and with 1 or 2 chicken coops can easily be bred in large amounts. Another example is the Heart Beet for Rock slimes. Heart beats can be found in like 3 different areas, including the Dry reef, and aren't really a rarity either. They're very easy to find, and can be easily obtained or farmed. I would say almost as easily as a carrot too.

Giving the plort a value equal to or close to Pink slimes would make the idea a pretty good one in my opinion, without any real changes to the slime design itself. (But coming up with other unique veggies or fruits wouldn't hurt either. I would love to add more silos to fill with new foods XD I have plenty of space for it.)
kaylimoon
Plort

Postby KitsuneNoMeiji » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:18 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea, however a slime's favorite food shouldn't be an abundant and easily obtainable resource like carrots, even though it's fitting here. I'm saying that because you could just get a bunch of carrots and get the same amount of money as you could get from a slime with a more valuable plort like a Honey Slime.

P.S. Were you a lurker before? Because your account was made eleven months ago, and this is your first post. If that's the case, welcome!

You've got a valid point, Carrots are an incredibly easy resource to come across. I can think of two solutions to this, first: the Rabbit Slime could be a rare slime, making it less likely to come across one early-game (or just make the Rabbit Slime spawn further into the world areas). Second: Instead of Carrots, how about... "Cosmic Cabbage"? My pet Rabbit likes cabbage more than carrots anyways (lol). Also, yeah... I bought the game and joined the forum before it was released on Steam. Don't really do much on Forums in general, outside of searching for help or resolving issues. Been playing a lot more of it, especially after the Slime Science update, and had a few thoughts roaming around in my head that I wanted to share.

EDIT: I suppose my main purpose of making Carrots the Rabbit Slime's favorite food, outside of stereotypes, is because I wanted to give a better reason to grow Odd Onions...
KitsuneNoMeiji
Plort

Postby Etheon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:25 am

i made a rabbit slime for you here!! sorry that it looks more like a bunny but here anyway(click the words "here")
Whats for Breakfast today?

Thanks Hachiseiko For The Golden Tarr!
Etheon
Rancher

Postby PataponCreeper » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:42 am

do they come in Raving Rabbids?
PataponCreeper
Plort

Postby LastPayLoad0 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 am

Nice mate
Hello , Are you looking down here for something?

Steam: LastPayLoad0
LastPayLoad0
Rancher

Return to Slime Design