Slime Variant Idea- Pet Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Variant Idea- Pet Slime

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 pm

The Pet Slime

Who's the cutest little slime? You are! You are!

Diet-
(Source Slime's Diet)

Favorite-
(Source Slime's Favorite)

Slimeology-
The Pet Slime is a variant of slime that is common among experienced ranchers looking for a part time helper, and a full time cutey. Being about 2/3 the size of any normal slime, they are tiny and adorable. They also have larger eyes, and look much like a baby slime (Though nobody knows if they even exist). They may have evolved by being so close to the rancher that the slime's DNA mutated to form a slime that could be with the rancher at all times. But they don't just follow you around and look cute, they also have a functionality. As long as you keep them fed, they can help you out. It is likely that they turn the energy used making plorts into ways to help. (See List Of Slime Functions Below). When they get hungry, or just need a nap, they will hop on your head and doze off. They cannot be woken up at this time. It's not impossible, but would you want to wake up the poor guy? Anyways, to get your own, just keep your favorite slime in your vacpack for 5 days, then try to release it into the wild. In a few days time, your bond will bring them hopping back, in a smaller, helpful-er form.

Rancher Risks-
The only way these cute guys can hurt you is if you tried. Even a Rad of Boom couldn't hurt you. The Rad slime can contain their radiation if if means you'll love them, and even the Crystal slime would hop away if it meant not hurting you. The only way one of these adorable helpers could cause you harm is if you got in the line of fire when they are trying to help.

Plortinomics-
These slimes, after being studied by slime scientists, seem to use the energy of making plorts to, instead, help you out. Therefore, they do not seem to produce any plorts.

Slime Helper Benefits
(ONLY if fed/not asleep)
Pink Slime- Speed when sprinting increases as energy decreases (Starts normal, ends up to x3 speed [If fully upgraded)
Rock Slime- Rock and Crystal slimes can cause no damage
Tabby Slime- Unless fed directly, a slime (not largo) will never eat a plort within a rather large range
Phosphor Slime- Jetpack efficiency x1.25 [Day] or x3 [Night]
Boom Slime- Blasts largos away from plorts that aren't their own in a semi-large range
Puddle Slime- Shoots water at Tarr withing a semi-long range
Honey Slime- Any food you give to a slime has a 50% chance to be it's favorite, even if it's not
Rad Slime- Any dangerous slimes either charging at you or about to explode will not penetrate a temporary shield (A Tarr will break it, however)
Crystal Slime- Plorts will slowly come in your direction
Hunter Slime- Will find 1-5 more of whatever food you give it within 2-6 minutes (hours, in Slime time)
Golden Slime- (I know, I know. You can't have a golden slime. Just hear me out, OK?)
If a golden plort is in the slot adjacent to the slime, it's benefit will be much better. The slime would be shown with a golden glow and/or sparkles.
Up to 3 golden plorts, with 2 plorts having a greater increase on the benefit, etc. etc. You would not have to leave the plort behind, and when done you can sell it and still get the bonus.

EXTRA INFORMATION

This slime cannot die. Eaten by Tarr? See you tomorrow! Thrown in the Slime Sea in a fit of rage? They'll be back when I get to the ranch! Like Chester from Don't Starve (Does anyone play that game?), your bud may die, but his love will bring him back in no time. From as little as 3 in-game-hours to a in game day, these little guys will always come back. The only way to rid them completely is to... well... you can't get rid of them. Once you choose them, they are there for good. They are so blinded by love, they don't care if you are "mistakenly" tossing them in your incinerator 3 times a week.
If you add the golden plort to the mix more than a day in to being in the vac pack, it will start the in game clock, that is counting the seconds till your slime loves you enough to be your buddy, back over again. But, if you do it on day one, the clock will still be ticking as usual.
The food adds "working time" as such-
-Regular food- +1/2 In-Game Day
-Favorite food- +1 In-Game Day
(After 1-3 Days of work without a nap, your buddy will likely climb on your head for a little siesta)
(Naps last 1/3 of an in game day to 3/4 of one)

Have anything to add? I'm open to suggestions! If you want, I might add a fan-slime section to the benefits list.
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Re: Slime Variant Idea- Pet Slime

Postby CreativeSlimer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Adorable!
CreativeSlimer
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 am

Sounds nice. I like this idea, however I have heard it many, many many many many times. I guess that people really want slime pets. That's pretty normal.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby RockSlime » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Good job!
Rock Slimes are best slimes. Pink Slimes are dumb slimes. Puddle Slimes are cute slimes. Tabby Slimes are cat slimes. So there should be mutt slimes.

---------------
I created my avatar. I am not lazy.
RockSlime
Rancher

Re: Slime Variant Idea Pet Slime

Postby RockSlime » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 pm

SimonMn wrote:Not bad. I might have dispensed with a ton of armor for another heatsink, or used a HAG-20 instead, but all in all its a good idea.

What?
Rock Slimes are best slimes. Pink Slimes are dumb slimes. Puddle Slimes are cute slimes. Tabby Slimes are cat slimes. So there should be mutt slimes.

---------------
I created my avatar. I am not lazy.
RockSlime
Rancher

Re: Slime Variant Idea Pet Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:34 pm

RockSlime wrote:
SimonMn wrote:Not bad. I might have dispensed with a ton of armor for another heatsink, or used a HAG-20 instead, but all in all its a good idea.

What?

I think that this was just a spambot.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PataponCreeper » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:59 am

I would have a pet Tabby all the time, I love the Tabbys, I just love kats
PataponCreeper
Plort

Postby Conrad500 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Not sure how this would work with pathing though. Everyone wants pet slimes T~T

they're adorbs
Conrad500
Rancher

Postby Slimes4Fun » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

You should make tabbies increase running speed because of the plort to energy thing
Blitzkrieg anyone?
Slimes4Fun
Rancher

Postby TheChaoticClappj » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 am

What would a quantum slime do ?
I think it should work a little like this :

With a quantum slime you can create a version of yourself from another reality and place it somewhere making it like a clone. When you are about to fall off a cliff or die from a slime you will be teleported to the location of your other reality keeping all of your items.
I love slime rancher and everything about it. I can't wait to see what this amazing idea will become in the near future!
TheChaoticClappj
Rancher

Return to Slime Design