Vacuum Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Vacuum Slime

Postby Shiverlry » Sat May 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Another idea for a Slime that I really liked.

Vacuum Slime

Diet: Fruits

Favorite Fruit: Starfruit (Maybe)

The Vacuum Slime would be a see-through white color and shaped like a water drop with the thinner part on top (suggestions for better designs are welcome).

From time to time, the Vacuum Slime suddenly turns pitch black and floats in the air a bit while the radius around it (a radius similar to that of a Rad Slime's aura) become darker. Anything within this area, including the rancher, would be pulled towards the Vacuum Slime. This would only last for about 5 seconds before the slime goes back to normal, unless something edible is vacuumed in.

Other slimes vacuumed in will stack on top of the Vacuum Slime.

The Vacuum Slime will eat the first edible thing it sucks it, including any kind of food and plort. If it does eat something, the vacuum will stop instantly, even if it the 5 seconds have not gone by. Since they eat fruit, this is helpful for them to get fruits off of trees. If it attempts to eat a food item that is not a fruit, it'll spit it back out shake around dizzily (or some other form of disgust/shouldn't have done that animation). This Vacuum effect can make Vacuum Largos particularly dangerous as this could lead to them eating a plort they shouldn't have thus turning them into Tarr.

If a Vacuum Slime vacuums in a Tarr, the Tarr will immediately eat it, but this will also cause the Tarr to implode. A Tarr that eats a Vacuum Slime that was not vacuuming will not be harmed by eating it.

Vacuum Plorts contain a tiny black hole on the inside and, while no practical use has been found for these, there is a high demand for them in the scientific community as the tiny black holes are sources of study and experimentation. Don't worry about them swallowing up the world. These tiny black holes tend to collapse and disappear easily, which is why the demand for Vacuum Plorts never seems to stop.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Feedback would be appreciated.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Vacuum Slime (needs feedback)
Shiverlry
Rancher

Re: Vacuum Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:45 am

Shaped like a water drop, hm? It then might look like a Gold Slime, since it also has something like that.

Overall it's an interesting idea, since it seems to be based mainly on vacuum powers of Vacpack.

P.S. You did forget about Rancher Risks for this slime.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Shiverlry » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:06 pm

And about Rancher Risks, other than the danger of a Vacuum Largo becoming a Tarr due to its ability and the annoyance of being pulled out of your path by the vacuum, I can't really think of anything.

Also, this slime is not based on the powers of the Vacpack. I actually just thought, "I wonder what the opposite of a Boom Slime would be like?"

I might need to consider another shape. Oh! Following the logic that the Vacuum Slime is the opposite of the Boom Slime, how about just inverting the Boom Slime's colors?

Actually, that looks awesome for a Vacuum Slime! All it needs a smile and it'd be perfect. ^^
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby CakeFlour » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:42 am

I'd think the Idea of a Boom Slime would be more simmilar to a Black Hole. or thereabouts. with an outer shell. Kinda like the though of an Inverted Sphere.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby Shiverlry » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:04 pm

CakeFlour wrote:I'd think the Idea of a Boom Slime would be more simmilar to a Black Hole. or thereabouts. with an outer shell. Kinda like the though of an Inverted Sphere.

That's actually why it turns black when it vacuums. It's not black all the time because, like the Boom Slime, it's ability builds up and triggers from time to time.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby SeniorSlime » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm

...Vacuum Slime?
Isn't the Pink Slime already a Vacuum?
©Senior Slime 2016 All Rights Reserved

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby Shiverlry » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm

SeniorSlime wrote:...Vacuum Slime?
Isn't the Pink Slime already a Vacuum?

Unlike the Pink Slime, the Vacuum Slime would actually has an ability/effect (the whole creating a vacuum space around them from time to time/the opposite of a Boom Slime). And they have different diets/appearance.
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby Flamechar33 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Shiverlry wrote:And about Rancher Risks, other than the danger of a Vacuum Largo becoming a Tarr due to its ability and the annoyance of being pulled out of your path by the vacuum, I can't really think of anything.

Also, this slime is not based on the powers of the Vacpack. I actually just thought, "I wonder what the opposite of a Boom Slime would be like?"

I might need to consider another shape. Oh! Following the logic that the Vacuum Slime is the opposite of the Boom Slime, how about just inverting the Boom Slime's colors?

Actually, that looks awesome for a Vacuum Slime! All it needs a smile and it'd be perfect. ^^

Oh, It should have the cracks coming out from the inside! Perfect idea!
You can use any of my slimes without permission, but please refer back to me!
My Slime Art is Here!
Note: New slime art page coming in the future.
Flamechar33
Rancher

Postby SgtPugsly » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 am

Welp. me being the art finatic i am, i have done this. have fun.

there was some white things around the darker one but the white background stopped it from showing... :/
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Id recomend Hachiseiko's Slime maker kit, its quite good!
Thanks to Dsp for my Avatar here, :D
Take me down to mis-take city
where the mistakes happen
and they are not pretty
Take, Me, awayyyyyy!
SgtPugsly
Rancher

Postby Shiverlry » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:57 am

SgtPugsly wrote:Welp. me being the art finatic i am, i have done this. have fun.

there was some white things around the darker one but the white background stopped it from showing... :/

Aww! That's cute! ^^
Slime ideas:

TANRR Slime
Shiverlry
Rancher

Postby MRTyplosion » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:26 pm

It is a great Idea but it would be a nightmare if it got lose eating all fruits it can and would easily become tarr to eat its friends.
MRTyplosion
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design