My slime ideas!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

My slime ideas!

Postby JellySlime » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:00 am

reposting these from my tumblr:

“Suck up a bunch to make your own Bubble Slime Balloon™!”

Diet: Water, Fruit

Favourite: Diamond Peach

Slimeology: Bubble slimes are curious species of slime which sit atop bodies of fresh water, producing bubbles that other slimes love to play with. However, unlike a puddle slime, bubble slimes won’t simply absorb water to produce plorts. Despite them and their plorts needing to stay in a body of fresh water to survive, these peculiar slimes will only produce plorts if fed like a land-based slime, specifically with fruit.

Rancher Risks: Bubble slimes are one of the most docile types found on the Far, Far Range. They appear to be mystified by the production of their own bubbles, much like almost any other kind of slime found in the wild. Other slimes will push and shove to try and pop the bubbles of a bubble slime, which can result in some disorderly crowds forming around these poor creatures.

Plortonomics: A bubble plort is cool to the touch, and weighs next to nothing. Suspending them in water makes one of the most efficient coolant fluids in the entire galaxy. Additionally, their thick, jelly-like contents give them a culinary use as an excellent thickening agent.
JellySlime
Chickadoo

My slime ideas!

Postby JellySlime » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 am

“Don’t stand directly under them.”

Diet: Vegetables

Favourite: Sulfuroot

Slimeology: The chemical makeup of these slimes’ outer layer causes a build up of ultra-light gas that lifts the cloud slime clean off the ground. It also generates a massive amount of static electricty, which results in them inadvertently releasing periodical discharges akin to lightning.

Rancher Risks: Getting zapped by a cloud slime’s discharge is certainly painful, but keeping them corralled is an even trickier job. Their ultra-light structure means that they’ll simply float right over a standard height corral, so if you want to contain them, extra high walls are a necessity. Otherwise, these slimes are quite peaceful.

Plortonomics: Originally, cloud plorts were used as a renewable, albeit highly inefficient source of electricity. However, it was discovered that cloud plorts contain a highly concentrated, self contained magnetic field, which meant that they could be used to recharge magnets almost indefinitely. Cloud plorts were then eventually replaced with rad plorts as a power source, upon the discovery of the rad slime.
JellySlime
Chickadoo

My slime ideas!

Postby JellySlime » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:05 am

“Also known as the True Jellyslime.”

Diet: Meat

Favourite: Water Hen

Slimeology: These slimes are constantly held aloft by a strange semi-liquid lighter than the atmosphere on the Far, Far Range. They eat by using the suction cups on the ends of their tentacles to lift food up to their mouths, though they can also use them to carry food, other slimes, and even ranchers to other areas on the range.

Rancher Risks: Scypho slimes love to play with anything they can get their suckers on, and while this isn’t harmful in and of itself, it can often result in loose items going missing on the ranch. These slimes may also try to pick up unsuspecting ranchers, but one can easily break free by moving, jumping, or attempting to vacuum the slime up.

Additionally, these slimes will float just above the height of a standard corral, and while they can’t fly high enough to escape, they are susceptible to being knocked out by an external force. The height they float at means that they will also constantly break a corral’s air net unless the corral is upgraded to have extra high walls.

Plortonomics: As a semi-liquid substance, scypho plorts are incredibly fragile, and will burst upon contact with a hard surface if propelled with a great enough force. On Earth, these plorts are lighter than air, and can be used to keep any object airborne.
JellySlime
Chickadoo

Re: My slime ideas!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:27 am

That's some nice artworks! Also, welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby sensieslime » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:52 am

That's really pretty artwork! Welcome to the forums
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:32 am

That's some AMAZING artwork! Welcome to the forums!
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby JellySlime » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:15 am

thanks everyone :D
JellySlime
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design