Clay Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Clay Slime

Postby GalaxyMeow » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Diet: Puddle Plorts and Water

Favourite: Puddle Plorts

Slimeology:

The clay slime is a light beige to brown slime that is found in caves and under overhangs by the slime sea. It is uncommon, and usually appears by popping out of holes in the ground. It is different than the other slimes, as it does not eat any "food", but rather eats puddle plorts and water to keep itself moist, though it must not be kept in a pond or it will dissolve.

Rancher Risks:

The clay slime can be difficult to keep. If not kept in a corral with a solar shield, it will dry out and turn into a piece of pottery, that is sort of like a petrified slime. The pottery slime is not "alive"; it will not move around, it doesn't need food, and does not produce plorts. It can be vacuumed up, and placed around the ranch for decoration, or you could smash it for a chance of getting a couple of coins.

Likewise, if you do not regularly feed your clay slimes something from their diet, they will also dry up and turn to pottery.

Plortonomics:

Like any other slime, after the clay slime eats, it will expel a plort of it's kind, this one being a clay plort. If not vacuumed up at least 30 minutes (In game) after the slime has expelled a plort, the clay plort will turn into a pottery plort, and become useless, though you can try to break it and see if any coins are hiding in there. Their plorts are usually very helpful aids in creating houses and beautiful pieces of pottery, and are a lot easier to acquire than going and digging up a bunch of clay. The clay plort market is very good right now, with these being in high demand!

(I do not have a visual of the slime yet, but if anyone wants o attempt designing it, I'd be more than happy to see it!)
GalaxyMeow
Plort

Re: Clay Slime

Postby GalaxyMeow » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

. ~ .
GalaxyMeow
Plort

Re: Clay Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 am

Wow, that's a pretty hard slime to ranch! Nice.

How much would their plorts be worth?

EDIT: 300th Post! Yay!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design