Idea: Elemental Slimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Idea: Elemental Slimes

Postby NeferNightbug » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:46 am

Slime: Earth Slime
Diet: For some reason, this odd green variant of the Rock Slime only eats Rad Plorts.
Agressive: no
Slimeology: This slime seems to be made of pure earth. These enigmas look like Rock Slimes and are assumed to be related.
Rancher Risks: Similar to their relatives, the Rock Slimes, they have a nasty headbutt attack. However, these slimes pack a further punch with a slowing aura. They will only eat if in complete darkness.
Occurrence: Found solely in a small cave across from a chasm in the Indigo Quarry. Seemingly unique, but if removed another one shows up the next day.
Plortonomics: These Plorts make for the absolute best nutrient soil, selling for around 100 newbucks a pop.

Slime: Fire Slime
Diet: For some reason, this odd flaming variant of the Boom Slime only eats Boom Plorts.
Slimeology: This slime seems to be made of pure fire. They have a visage not unlike that of their relative, the Boom Slime.
Rancher Risks: These slimes are truly explosive. Not only do they explode like their cousins, they also have a fire aura that drains the health of the Rancher rapidly. The condition persists for a few seconds after leaving the aura.
Occurrence: Found solely on a faraway island in the Glass Desert, only available by Jetpack. Seemingly unique, but if removed another one shows up the next day.
Plortonomics: These Plorts can be used as the best explosive device available. Because of their extreme explosive properties, legislation has been passed to make these only usable in fireworks after they have been processed. Thankfully, a Fire Plort is inert when not processed and is classified as a stable explosive once processed, so they're relatively low-risk. They sell for around 100 newbucks a pop.

Slime: Water Slime
Diet: For some reason, this odd cerulean variant of the Puddle Slime only eats Puddle Plorts.
Slimeology: This slime seems to be made of pure water. Based on this, it's assumed that they must be some sort of Puddle Slime.
Rancher Risks: Similar to their relatives, the Puddle Slime, these guys live in water. However, they can maintain their form outside of water, but must be in water to eat and produce Plorts.
Occurrence: Found solely in a small pond in a high-up alcove in the Moss Blanket, above a large waterfall that supplies the Moss Blanket's main river with its water. Seemingly unique, but if removed another one shows up the next day.
Plortonomics: These plorts are made of pure mineral water and have been refined into extremely pure water! They sell for about 100 newbucks a pop.

Slime: Wood Slime
Diet: For some reason, this odd wooden Slime only eats Honey Plorts.
Slimeology: This slime seems to be made of pure wood. It's entirely unknown what sort of slime they could be related to.
Rancher Risks: The Wooden Slime has a natural aura that causes plants to grow three times as fast. These strange slimes will only eat and produce Plorts in bright light, the sunlight normally being sufficient for this purpose.
Occurrence: Found solely in a ancient temple in the Moss Blanket, surrounded by the Slime Sea. Seemingly unique, but if removed another one shows up the next day.
Plortonomics: These plorts, when planted, sprout massive trees that grow an inch a day! They sell for about 100 newbucks a pop.

Slime: Metal Slime
Diet: For some reason, this odd iron variant of the Golden Slime only eats Rock Plorts.
Slimeology: This slime seems to be made of pure iron. It's assumed to be either a relative of the Golden Slime, or a mutated version of the Rock Slime.
Rancher Risks: These shiny slimes are rather eye-catching. It's speculated that even if they didn't have their strong magnetic aura, other slimes would still flock to them.
Occurrence: Found solely in a tiny cave deep within the Indigo Mines. Seemingly unique, but if removed another one shows up the next day.
Plortonomics: These plorts are made of pure steel, but are 500 times as strong and light! Because of this, they are often used to construct aircraft and spacecraft. They sell for about 100 newbucks a pop.
NeferNightbug
Rancher

Re: Idea: Elemental Slimes

Postby Gamer3566 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 pm

What about an air slime?
I could really go for a peanutplort jelly sandwich!

Avatar made by SpeedXaaa, sorry forgot to change this... :D
Gamer3566
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Gamer3566 wrote:What about an air slime?

Yeah, the four elements are fire, water, earth and air, but you did fire, water, earth, nature, and metal.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby KaosDrgn » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:37 am

There are different kinds of elemental theories... :D

european:

earth, water, air, fire (and maybe aether)

chinese:

earth, water, fire, wood, metal

buddhism:

earth, water, air, fire, void
*RAAWWWRRRR* >:D
KaosDrgn
Rancher

Postby NeferNightbug » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Oooh! Now I get to nerd out on y'all!

What I did was use the Chinese elements. Instead of Air, they have Wood and Metal.

And besides, I couldn't come up with a good idea for Air Plorts.

EDIT: dang, I got ninja'd.
NeferNightbug
Rancher

Postby Lyrina25 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:55 pm

I've got earth, air, water and fire on my elemental slimes in my thread, maybe Nick and the others can take ideas from both of us~ (Never thought about metal though xD Duh, and here I just watched warriors of virtrue the other day!)
I am the dog, hound of hell you cry. Devil on your back, I can never die.
Lyrina25
Rancher

Return to Slime Design