Tarr refining

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Tarr refining

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:14 am

As any experienced Slime Rancher knows, Tarr are a violent, voracious slime that mutate from from a largo eating a plort of a third type, different from the two that compose it. It's a great addition that prevents people just cramming every slime type into the same corral to optimize plort production and adds a bit of extra danger when out in the wild. But once a rancher knows the ropes and how to avoid creating them, they don't really pose much of a threat. They can easily be escaped in the wild by simply running past, and disappear after a night's rest. In order to give them more purpose than just "I am bad! Stay Away!" I think there should be a reason to experiment and run risk with them.

When a Tarr forms, there should be a small window to feed them specific slimes and largo. This could maybe be depicted by a slight tone in eye color. They would glow the same color if they need a normal slime, and eyes of two different colors if they needed a largo. For example, is it's eyes were pink, it would need a pink slime. If one eye was yellow, and one green, they would need a honey/rad largo. This process would be completely random in order to keep a sense of panic among the player, but only require 10 different slimes in order to achieve; and no slime or largo would be needed more than once. (though multiple of the same type may be needed as largo) If it consumes a slime of the wrong type or the time limit expires, its eyes will go back to normal and feeding it more slimes will no longer have an effect. After 10 slimes and/or largo have been fed to the Tarr, it will need to take a bite of the player; and then fed a golden plort.

The end result would be a Prism Slime! This increadibly rare slime would eat just about anyting. If fed a favorite food of another slime, it will produce 10 of that slime's plort. If given a food that no slime has as a favorite, it will produce 10 random plorts (excluding gold). If fed another slime or largo, it will revert back to a Tarr; however it will be unable to consume other Prism Slime, as well as most plorts. The only plort it can eat, would be a gold plort. This will result in a single Prism Plort worth a base value of 5,000 Newbucks. And just because, feeding it a gold slime (from editor mode) will make it split into all other base slime types! xP

I think I've covered just about every aspect of the Prism Slime. I came up with the idea while making my avatar and the main concept based on the Tarr's description as "ravenous rainbows" and the way prisms themselves work. I'm not quite sure how easy or hard all of this would be to program, but I would absolutely love to see this in the game! I can't even play it given my pc's crappy specs, but I'd like to hope something like this would be possbile by the time I can actually get a computer capable of running it.

So yeah, that's /endrant I guess. Leave thoughts and possible improvements below! :D
Last edited by PrismSlime on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: Tarr refining

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:11 am

The Prism slime is a little op though, I know that gold slimes are rare to find and all but once you get even 1 you will have a really op slime and people won't even bother selling the gold plort anymore and once you get the prism slime and get a lot of newbucks the game might be a little boring since you can buy everything and you won't have to work hard for it.
~~ Just a Cool Dude that Loves SLIME RANCHER :D ~~

Slime Ideas: Electric Slime, Vamp Slime, Wolf Slime, Fairy Slime, Eagle Slime

~~ Avatar made by Sectanza :D ~~
Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:18 am

that's why i wanted to have that time limit and random slime thing with the tarr's eyes. and which one they actually want will only be harder to have on hand with the more slimes that are added into the game. maybe after the gold plort it has a 50/50 chance of turning into either the prism slime, or some kinda ultra tarr boss? and maybe even a 10% chance of turning into the ultra tarr (needs a cooler name than that but still) just so its not indefinite and keeps that risk/reward thing going.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:22 am

PrismSlime wrote:that's why i wanted to have that time limit and random slime thing with the tarr's eyes. and which one they actually want will only be harder to have on hand with the more slimes that are added into the game. maybe after the gold plort it has a 50/50 chance of turning into either the prism slime, or some kinda ultra tarr boss?

Well yeah I guess, I would suggest it having multiple rounds, like after you feed it 10 slimes of what it likes its eyes change and will want to eat the other slimes and after it gets to 10 rounds you will get the 50/50 chance, and I would also suggest changing the plort value from 5,000 to somewhere around 1,500 newbucks.

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 am

PrismSlime wrote:that's why i wanted to have that time limit and random slime thing with the tarr's eyes. and which one they actually want will only be harder to have on hand with the more slimes that are added into the game. maybe after the gold plort it has a 50/50 chance of turning into either the prism slime, or some kinda ultra tarr boss? and maybe even a 10% chance of turning into the ultra tarr (needs a cooler name than that but still) just so its not indefinite and keeps that risk/reward thing going.

Oh and also, how will you defeat the "Ultra Tarr boss" and what will you get after defeating it? the Prism Slime?

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:26 am

I'm sorry if I'm asking too much about the Prism Slime, I think it is a good idea but I just have a few toughts about it that I want to share with you. :D

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:27 am

Oh and also, Welcome to the forums, my friend :D

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:30 am

well i don't want it needing one of every type of slime and largo out there. that's be way too much with how big i'm expecting (and hoping) this game to get. plus you have to keep in mind the fact that each time it eats a slime, it'll split into another tarr that you'll not only have to keep from eating the other slimes you're trying to use to create the prism slime, but also keep track of which tarr you're feeding so you continue to feed the right one. and if after all that it turns into the ultra tarr, the whole section of the ranch you're in is essentially doomed. as for defeating the ultra tarr, i'm not quite sure. i literally just thought of it as i was typing that lol. and don't worry about picking it apart. it's literally what i asked for. xP

and thanks! i may not be able to play, but i'll sure as anything do all i can to learn about all the slimes :3

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:34 am

PrismSlime wrote:well i don't want it needing one of every type of slime and largo out there. that's be way too much with how big i'm expecting (and hoping) this game to get. plus you have to keep in mind the fact that each time it eats a slime, it'll split into another tarr that you'll not only have to keep from eating the other slimes you're trying to use to create the prism slime, but also keep track of which tarr you're feeding so you continue to feed the right one. and if after all that it turns into the ultra tarr, the whole section of the ranch you're in is essentially doomed. as for defeating the ultra tarr, i'm not quite sure. i literally just thought of it as i was typing that lol. and don't worry about picking it apart. it's literally what i asked for. xP

and thanks! i may not be able to play, but i'll sure as anything do all i can to learn about all the slimes :3

Yeah, but thats why it needs to be hard to get considering it is a really REALLY OP slime and the challenge would be fun and awesome. (And it doesn't need to eat all the slimes and largos, they only need 10 of them)

Also No problem dude, I hope you can be able to play and learn more about Slime Rancher :D

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 am

oh i was thinking you meant 10 rounds of 10. cuz that's a bit much xD but if you can just get a prism slime from defeating the boss, people might just find it easier to do it that way. i think sucking at it and shrinking it into globs would work well enough. maybe have those turn into more tarr unless washed away with water that could spout up when the boss roars. or maybe harvest the globs themselves for researcher's range exchange that i saw someone else post about. the exchange could maybe need 10,000 tarr globs and give you a tarr purification chamber to clean tarr into more docile versions that only feed on plorts instead of slimes, and give cloudy prism plorts that don't sell, but can be used as fertilizer for crops. or maybe tarr-proof corrals. i'm just spitballin here.

and actually i think 1,500 newbucks per plort sounds pretty fair. i wanted it worth a lot more then gold, but the upgrades themselves really arnt that expensive once you know what you're doing.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:54 am

PrismSlime wrote:oh i was thinking you meant 10 rounds of 10. cuz that's a bit much xD but if you can just get a prism slime from defeating the boss, people might just find it easier to do it that way. i think sucking at it and shrinking it into globs would work well enough. maybe have those turn into more tarr unless washed away with water that could spout up when the boss roars. or maybe harvest the globs themselves for researcher's range exchange that i saw someone else post about. the exchange could maybe need 10,000 tarr globs and give you a tarr purification chamber to clean tarr into more docile versions that only feed on plorts instead of slimes, and give cloudy prism plorts that don't sell, but can be used as fertilizer for crops. or maybe tarr-proof corrals. i'm just spitballin here.

Yeah, I think that could work :D.

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:57 am

thanks for replying to this before i went to bed btw! feedback is always the most helpful when the idea is fresh in your mind. i didn't even think of having a boss tarr. the prism slime should really be an end-game thing and you should need to be well prepared to attempt to get one.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Xedric0308 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am

PrismSlime wrote:thanks for replying to this before i went to bed btw! feedback is always the most helpful when the idea is fresh in your mind. i didn't even think of having a boss tarr. the prism slime should really be an end-game thing and you should need to be well prepared to attempt to get one.

No problem dude, and yeah I do think it shouls be an end-game thing. :D

Xedric0308
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:53 pm

actually on the subject or researching tarr globs for tarr related upgrade and plots, maybe that should just be the method to begin with. the initial process i though up could be to summon the tarr boss, and upon defeat you submit the globs for various tarr related research, and the last thing you unlock from submitting enough could be a tarr purification chamber to just create prism slime. though that would make them even more op as you could get as many as you want once you unlock that. maybe it's obscenely expensive and explodes after a single use? or maybe work 100% the first time, but each time after that increase the chance of it exploding. if you try to do multiple tarr at once, it increases the likelihood of it exploding by 10% for each additional tarr.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby DanielN06 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:40 pm

I mean its cool and may seam op but to have a tarr with only 10 secs to feed it and then get the slime so it is not to op more just needs to have a 90% chance of becoming that slime if you get the 10% it becomes the slimes you fed it that way its like a refund :D that's what I think would make it less op.
DanielN06
Rancher

Postby Prism » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:33 am

This looks cool, but I don't think I will be able to handle so many tarr XD
If the devs added difficulty settings, would it cause the prism slime to require less slimes, and maybe make the ultra-tarr boss have less health? Just some thoughts.
Great idea anyway!
Prism Slimes, Patchwork Slimes, and Lava Slimes!

So Many Slimes!!! #SlimeRancher2016

~Prism
Prism
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:36 am

well the best way i think would be to shoot the new tarr out of the map as soon as it forms, but that leaves even less time to get the next slime needed to feed to the correct tarr.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Return to Slime Design