Spider Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Spider Slime

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Dear slime rancher community. I have noticed an odd new slime the past few weeks and have compiled all my revelant journal entries to send to you all. If anyone else has seen this species of slime, please notify me immeadiately.

ooo

Journal entry 67
Today I saw something wierd. I was standing in the grotto, wondering whether to buy a silo or a corral when I saw it. It was an odd thing, running past me quickly in the dark. I tried to vaccum it up, but I couldn't catch it. Maybe next time.

Journal entry 68
I believe I found the plort of the strange creature from yesterday. The plort is dark grey, and has some sort of odd sticky white rope wrapped around it. I'll be working on uses for it.

Journal entry 71
I was experimenting with the plort to no avail. 2 pointless days of research. But today, my stony hen coop's wall came undone. I have no idea why. As I was leaning over to fix it, the plort tumbled out of my pocket. I decided to see if the plort could help me, and it did! After squishing the plort in between the pole and the fence, it stuck! Just like that! Is it some sort of super adhesive?

Journal entry 72
Amazing! I spent all of today throwing boom-rock largos at the coop, and the fence stayed! Every single part was destroyed except the part where I put the plort! Astounding! I'm sure this plort will sell for high prices back home.

Journal entry 74
I spent all of today combing the grotto for more slimes, but alas I found nothing. Perhaps this type of slime was only visiting the grotto?

Journal entry 81
Today I saw that odd slime again! I was exploring the cave when I saw it reach out from behind a cage and grab a stony roostro! It then produced two plorts before running off again. Are stony roostros perhaps its favourite food? I was once again unable to catch it.

Journal entry 83
I went to the cave again today and saw another one! I had no time to catch it, as it climbed the wall away from where I could see it. A slime that can climb walls, amazing!

Journal entry 84
I went back to the cave today, leaving my flashlight on for once. I saw at least three of the new slimes, but they all went to seek cover from the light! Maybe a solar shield will be needed...

Journal entry 87
I saw one of the new slimes in the light today! It seemed very groggy, as if the light had dazed it. Unlike the phosphor slimes, it didn't dissapear, but it was effected by the light for sure. Instead of capturing it, I'm waiting in the jungle for it to move. I will stay up all night watching it.

Journal entry 88
Very very odd... as soon as the night rolled around, the new slime was extremely active. It seemed to be searching for chickens, but could not find any. I felt sorry for the poor guy. Being hungry was never fun. At the very end of the night, however, I saw it spit out the same sort of rope that was on the plort, grab a phosphor slime, and eat it! I turned to run, expecting a tarr of some sort, but it simply ran away. This slime is slightly worrysome.

Journal entry 91
Today I saw another one sitting outside in the sun. I put a stony roostro right in front of it, but it did not move. Once night rolled around, however, it snatched the roostro right up, eating it. It produced two plorts as it ran away. The daytime seems to make it lazy and useless.

Journal entry 94
Today one of them was sitting in my corral! I have no idea how it got in, but it was simply sitting there. As I installed a solar shield, it seemed to become more active, confirming my suspiciuns that it's nocturnal. It seemed fine at first, but eventually got hungry. It started climbing the walls of the corral, trying to escape! I threw in a hen hen and it relaxed, satisfied.

Journal entry 95
The new slime seems perfectly fine in the pen with the solar shield. As long as I gave it a steady supply of various chickens, it was perfectly content to stay.

Journal entry 97
Yesterday I was knocked out in a tar attack far from home. When I woke up, the grey-ish slime was doing it's rope trick again! It reached out of it's corral with the rope, grabbed a lose hen hen in the adjacent tabby corral, and dragged it back into it's own pen to eat it! Wow!

Journal entry 99
Today I did a rather cruel experiment. I placed the nameless slime in a corral together with a pink slime and no food. As the day wore on, it got hungrier and hungrier. By the end of the day, it pounced on the pink slime, devouring it.

Journal entry 108
I have tried the same experiment as on my 99th day here with different slimes each time. The new slime seemed to have an appetite only for phosphors and pinks, leaving all the other slimes alone. What a relief.

Journal entry 111
Today I created a new-tabby largo using one of the new plorts. It acted perfectly normal. I shall perhaps try other combinations.

Journal entry 118
I have since created largos of the new slime and every other type except the puddle. Every type maintains the ability to grab things from outside it's corral and climb walls. Similarly, they all detest the heat of the sun. They all maintain a disturbing appetite for phosphors and pinks, even the phosphor and pink largos. Quite disturbing.

Journal entry 129
I can't believe it. I don't remember a thing. I woke up today with a massive bump on my head. As I walked outside, all the new slimes had escaped. I'll need to find out what happened.

Journal entry 130
It seems a falling rock landed on my head, giving me amnesia. Other than my jounral entries, I have very vague memories of what happened. I hope I'll gain my memories again.

Journal entry 134
Today I went searching for more of the new slimes. Alas, I was unable to find any. Unless I find more, this will be my last entry about these particular slimes.

ooo

So, as you can see from my journal entries, I have forgotten most of what I learned about these new slimes. I have also included a drawing of the plort as well as two drawings of the slime. I am unable to recall which version it looked like. I have decided to call these slimes 'Spider Slimes' after those little buggers we have on Earth.

For those that are too lazy to read my journal entries, I have discovered a cave-dwelling slime that preffers stony roostros. When in the sun it is very lazy, but in the night it climbs walls and chases down prey. When starving it will eat pink and phosphor slimes, so keep them safe. Finally, it has the ability to grab things outside it's corral with string. They are being called spider slimes due to how similar they are to Earth's 8-legged creatures.

~Jay.

((Here's a link to the Reddit post which is just a link to this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/slimerancher/c ... der_slime/))
Last edited by FishFruit14 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Re: Spider Slime

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:47 pm

((That took forever to type... I probably won't make any following slime ideas in the journal format.))
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:59 pm

I dig it! Nice use of the template I made. =)
I personally like the one without legs, but they're both pretty cool. Nice work!
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Xamerzan wrote:I dig it! Nice use of the template I made. =)
I personally like the one without legs, but they're both pretty cool. Nice work!

Thanks!

I wasn't sure which one to use, so I used both. I might make a poll to see which people like more.

((Also, I'm no longer in character))
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Slimes4Fun » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 pm

FishFruit14 wrote:((That took forever to type... I probably won't make any following slime ideas in the journal format.))

Hey is it ok if i use the journal format like you did on my custom slime post?
Blitzkrieg anyone?
Slimes4Fun
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Slimes4Fun wrote:
FishFruit14 wrote:((That took forever to type... I probably won't make any following slime ideas in the journal format.))

Yeah, sure! Why not? I think it makes reading about new slimes much more interesting.

Post a link here when you're done?
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Slimes4Fun » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:33 pm

FishFruit14 wrote:
Slimes4Fun wrote:

Yeah, sure! Why not? I think it makes reading about new slimes much more interesting.

Post a link here when you're done?

Sure :D
Blitzkrieg anyone?
Slimes4Fun
Rancher

Postby OreRancher » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Maybe the legs should be really short like the rock slimes to maintainbit cuteness.
Slimes are bob-uh-ly
So wiggly and slimey goop.
I want to hug them.
OreRancher
Rancher

Postby LaDestitute » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 am

Great, a creepy-crawly slime. *shudders, as he has arachnophobia*
LaDestitute
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:12 am

LaDestitute wrote:Great, a creepy-crawly slime. *shudders, as he has arachnophobia*

That's slime segregation!!

Get off the range!!!

We don't like people like you!!!!

((Jk))
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:13 am

OreRancher wrote:Maybe the legs should be really short like the rock slimes to maintainbit cuteness.

Rock slimes have legs???
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:15 am

FishFruit14 wrote:
OreRancher wrote:Maybe the legs should be really short like the rock slimes to maintainbit cuteness.

Rock slimes have legs???

Well, they have two tiny rocks at the front that LOOK like legs or arms ^^ But they're just rocks.. But I agree that it would be adorable to make the legs tiny and stubby c: It would probably help people who are scared of spiders
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby FishFruit14 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:20 am

Hachiseiko wrote:
FishFruit14 wrote:

Rock slimes have legs???

Well, they have two tiny rocks at the front that LOOK like legs or arms ^^ But they're just rocks.. But I agree that it would be adorable to make the legs tiny and stubby c: It would probably help people who are scared of spiders

Hmm. I guess I'll make a version with shorter legs today. I was thinking a little slime high off the ground looked cute when I made it, but I'll see what short legs looks like.
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:01 pm

((Back in character))

A fellow slime rancher, Sectanza, has made another rendering of the spider slime! Amazing!

FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby DanielN06 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:32 pm

FishFruit14 wrote:((Back in character))

A fellow slime rancher, Sectanza, has made another rendering of the spider slime! Amazing!

this is great it is so cute :3
DanielN06
Rancher

Postby dariattic » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:01 am

I love the format you used to describe these slimes! It was a fun read.

I think it would be interesting to have slimes like these in-game. Sure their plorts might be valuable, but you'd have to keep a very careful eye on them, adding more to the challenge!
dariattic
Plort

Postby FishFruit14 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:12 am

dariattic wrote:I love the format you used to describe these slimes! It was a fun read.

I think it would be interesting to have slimes like these in-game. Sure their plorts might be valuable, but you'd have to keep a very careful eye on them, adding more to the challenge!

I haven't actually played the same yet, so I wasn't sure it was good
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby PancakeTheRancher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:20 am

You just gave me inspiration :D mind if I magpie some ideas from this and put it into my own thread? Like someone else asked , I just don't want it too look like I'm stealing an idea because it's a good piece of writing :D
THE LEGENDARY PANCAKE REAPEEARS!!!!!!!

Ii'm back!
PancakeTheRancher
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:56 am

PancakeTheRancher wrote:You just gave me inspiration :D mind if I magpie some ideas from this and put it into my own thread? Like someone else asked , I just don't want it too look like I'm stealing an idea because it's a good piece of writing :D

Yeah, sure!

Is this really good writing?
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Aelix » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:03 am

I really luke this idea, especially the "stickey plorts" kind of thing. The noctournal aspect is also pretty awesome.

My only thing would be to make then have a new kind of food. I see you want to do meats ~ so i would suggest maybe some kind of bug.

Heck, make it a water beetle and give that pond another reason to exist. :)
Aelix
Chickadoo

Postby FishFruit14 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:42 am

Aelix wrote:I really luke this idea, especially the "stickey plorts" kind of thing. The noctournal aspect is also pretty awesome.

My only thing would be to make then have a new kind of food. I see you want to do meats ~ so i would suggest maybe some kind of bug.

Heck, make it a water beetle and give that pond another reason to exist. :)

Hmm. Right now all the meat are chickens, so I thought I'd stick with that, but I might think of something else.

(Maybe a buggy hen?)
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:27 pm

My husband thinks it'd be cutest if it had the little leg-like protrusions, but didn't actually use them as legs and just moved like normal slimes.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:My husband thinks it'd be cutest if it had the little leg-like protrusions, but didn't actually use them as legs and just moved like normal slimes.

Hmm. Interesting. I hadn't thought about it like that.
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby NyanRancher » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:58 pm

FishFruit14 wrote:
Pigcatapult wrote:My husband thinks it'd be cutest if it had the little leg-like protrusions, but didn't actually use them as legs and just moved like normal slimes.

Ahuhuhuhu
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:25 pm

NyanRancher wrote:
FishFruit14 wrote:

Ahuhuhuhu

I don't know what to answer to that.
FishFruit14
Rancher

Next

Return to Slime Design