Your custom slime!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Re: Your custom slime!

Postby Alrom » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 am

Name: Draco Slime

Appearance: Red slime with wings, small horns and a tail.

Food type: Meat

Favorite food: Some mid tier chicken.

Passive or aggressive?: Aggressive by default. They will tackle, fly around and shoot fire at you but shoot some water on them and they will not be able to fly or use their fire attack.

Where are they found?: Very high and hot areas. On top of mountains and maybe a volcano.

How rare? 1-10: 6. Not very rare, just dangerous.

Notable attributes and features: These guys don't appreciate you getting in their territory and if you try to vacuum them they will fly out of your range while shooting fire and tackling you. If captured they still won't appreciate you entering their area or corral so you better use a plort collector. Shooting water at them will stun, calm and not let them fly or shoot fire for a little while. To compensate for all this, their plorts are quite valuable.

Anything else: Not really. Just a dragon slime because... Dragons!
Alrom
Chickadoo

Postby growmaze » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:29 am

Name: Ice slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): Ice body

Food type: Frozen food

Favorite food: ice creams

Passive or aggressive?: They freeze you and other slimes when you come to close to them.

Where are they found? In an ice cave

How rare? 1-10: I dont know

Notable attributes and features: You need a corral with a freezer so they dont smelt
growmaze
Plort

Postby Wolfheart400 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:42 am

Name: Puppy Slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): Attached

Favorite food: Steak

Passive or aggressive?: Passive

Where are they found? Normally they are found around where Tabby Slimes and Hen Hens reside.

How rare? 1-10: 3 if 1 if most common and 10 is the rarest.

Notable attributes and features: They have the ability to keep Tars away from your ranch because Tars are scared of their huge bark.
Pros: Loyal once caught, keeps Tars away, adorable, obedient(?) (can be trained to sit/stay, follow and fetch. Gathering Items.)
Cons: Chases Tabby Slimes along with Chickadoos, and Hen Hens, scared of the Roostro.

Anything else: This cute ball of slime enjoys wiggling along the plains. They enjoy chasing the occasional Tabby slim along with the Hen Hens and Chickadoos. The Puppy slime is a bit frightened by the Roostro, though, so they stay clear of them. Once caught this adorable slime will be your greatest of pals. Puppy slimes love to receive attention and enjoy howling at the full moon.

Plorts: Would cost just as much as the Tabby Slimes would be.

-WW-
-RAAD-
Attachments
TMFoPS1.png
The Many Faces of Puppy Slime
TMFoPS1.png (84.04 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
HappyBasicPuppySlim.png
Puppy Slime!
HappyBasicPuppySlim.png (85.09 KiB) Viewed 16784 times
Last edited by Wolfheart400 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[color=#00FF00]
Wolfheart400
Plort

Postby IceThatsCool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Name: Exotic Slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): A shade of hot purple instead of pink

Food type: Anything

Favorite food: (none)

Where are they found? Where any normal slime is found

How rare? 1-10: 7

Notable attributes and features: Instead of finding a regular slime, these guys would have a 1 in 500 chance of spawning, and their plorts would be worth about 3-4 times as much as a regular slime. Also, pinks cannot turn into largos when they eat an exotic's plort, same with exotics eating pink plorts.

Anything else:
This biggest fans of Pink Slime would of course be McDonalds.
IceThatsCool
Rancher

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 pm

IceThatsCool wrote:Name: Exotic Slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): A shade of hot purple instead of pink

Notable attributes and features: Instead of finding a regular slime, these guys would have a 1 in 500 chance of spawning, and their plorts would be worth about 3-4 times as much as a regular slime. Also, pinks cannot turn into largos when they eat an exotic's plort, same with exotics eating pink plorts.

Anything else:

I assume that, by "regular slime", you mean "pink slime"? If not, explain?
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Nakhryn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:29 pm

SpiralRancher02 wrote:
IceThatsCool wrote:Name: Exotic Slime

Anything else:

I assume that, by "regular slime", you mean "pink slime"? If not, explain?

Since he said "A shade of hot purple instead of pink" I can safely assume that he's talking about pink slimes.
Sometimes I may be blunt, but it's for your own good.
Nakhryn
Rancher

Postby IceThatsCool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Yeah, I meant the pink ones :P
IceThatsCool
Rancher

Postby Oznin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Name: Camo Slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): same size as pink, changes to match enviroment

Food type: Veg and Meat

Favorite food: Roostro

Passive or aggressive?: Passive, will try to hide from you

Where are they found?: Any where, mostly moss blanket

How rare? 1-10: 4

Notable attributes and features: Changes colours to match the enviroment

Anything else: Water will harm it, It is invisible to other slimes, such as the Tarr. Its plort is invisible to other slimes aswell, so its hard to breed.
Last edited by Oznin on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oznin
Plort

Postby thisguy29 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Name:king slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime):a slime that is bigger than largos

Food type:everything

Favorite food:hen hen

Passive or aggressive?:passive if fed

Where are they found?:anywhere

How rare? 1-10:there is only one

Notable attributes and features:has a crown on its head(similar to terraria)

Anything else:if you feed it enough it gives you items(rare or common)
thisguy29
Plort

Postby thisguy29 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Name:stone slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime):has cracks,greyish brown(like mud)

Food type:veggies

Favorite food:none

Passive or aggressive?:passive

How rare? 1-10:7

Notable attributes and features:rolls around instead of moving like a regular slime,is hard like a rock

Anything else:
thisguy29
Plort

Postby IceThatsCool » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:22 pm

thisguy29 wrote:Name:stone slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime):has cracks,greyish brown(like mud)

Food type:veggies

Favorite food:none

Passive or aggressive?:passive

How rare? 1-10:7

Notable attributes and features:rolls around instead of moving like a regular slime,is hard like a rock

Anything else:

This is very similar to a rock slime. :I Idk if you know of their existence, but this is pretty much in the game mate. :P
IceThatsCool
Rancher

Postby Shaidon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Name: Purple Slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): Twice the size of a pink slime, but purple. Behave like a largo.

Food type: pink plorts.

Favorite food: none

Passive or aggressive?: Passive...

Where are they found? Anywhere

How rare? 1-10: 3 at day, 7 at night. Only one per day.

Notable attributes and features: Don't hybridize. Hates tarr slimes, and will attack it by spitting. It can damage the rancher if is in the way.
Need to be on a solar filtered corral (or with a music box), or will get grumpy (angry) at the day light.
Shaidon
Plort

Postby ZionSpelunker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:17 pm

I came up with a lot of ideas

Name: Egg slime

Appearance: a white slime with a yellow core (like phosphor but doesn't glow) and a cracked egg shell on it's head

Diet: meat

Favorite food: chickadoo

Agression: Passive

Rarity: 6

Abilities: Can be fed to other meat eating slimes

Name: Acorn slime

Appearance: a brown slime with an acorn hat

Diet: Fruit

Favorite food: ?

Aggresion: Passive

Loction: all trees

Rarity: 4-6

Abilities: they appear by growing on fruit trees including the ones you can grow at your ranch and cause damage if falls on rancher

Name: Dragon slime

Appearance: a crimson slime with a pointy dragon mouth, two dragon horns that curl backwards from its for head and slits instead of regular pupiles

Diet: Meat

Favorite food: Pink slimes/Fancy Roostro

Aggression: aggressive

Rarity: 9

Abilities: Possibly naturally largo size and/or burps fire every now and then which can make also make boom slimes explode with extra power

Name: Skunk slime

Appearance: a black slime with a white strip on its back the continues onto a curly skunk tail

Diet: Fruit

Favorite food: Booberries

Aggresion: Passively aggresive

Loction: ?

Rarity: 7 or 8

Abilities: If rancher comes towards skunk while running or falling (moving fast) it will spray the rancher which will cause slimes to run away from the rancher or make some slimes attack rancher

So what do you guys think?
ZionSpelunker
Chickadoo

Postby SpiralRancher02 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 pm

ZionSpelunker wrote:Favorite food: chickadoo

Chickadoos cannot be eaten.

ZionSpelunker wrote:Abilities: they appear by growing on fruit trees including the ones you can grow at your ranch and cause damage if falls on rancher

I would prefer that any chaos on the Ranch is caused by a mistake on the player's part, "growing fruit trees" not counting as a mistake.
From Pink Slimes to Gold Slimes, every slime has a place in life... Except rad slimes, nobody cares about those.
SpiralRancher02
Rancher

Postby Gobledigmus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:39 pm

ZionSpelunker wrote:I came up with a lot of ideas [...] So what do you guys think?

If the Acorn Slimes grow on trees I would find it more creative to let their plort create a new kind of temporary existing trees where they grow on when their plort is left behind on the ground for a certain amount of time.
I also agree with SpiralRancher02: If they would grow on fruit trees there would happen too much chaos that can't be controlled by the player at all.

I also think that in this forum there are way too many ideas that are based on real animals and objects. I wouldn't want too many Slimes like them in the game, one or two of this kind would be enough in my opinion, especially because there's already a cat-like slime in the game. Think about the other Slimes that already exist: Most of them don't have anything to do with real existing animals, only the Tabby Slime and the Phosphor Slime do.

I could imagine a Dragon Slime. There is no Slime at the moment that creates fire (only exploding Slimes are in the game yet) and that one would do that job. But because they are Slimes I would like something that represents something less solid than a dragon or an animal. Something like an Oil Slime or such.

A Slime that can be fed to other Slimes sounds like something that should be implemented, even though SpiralRancher02 is right with the point that chickadoos can't be eaten.
But wouldn't it fit even better if the Slime that can be fed to carnivorous Slimes would be a herbivore? To me it appears more pleasing feeding a herbivorous Slime to a carnivorous one.

On the other hand there are already Slimes that eat other Slimes (at the moment only the Tarr, but maybe there will be implemented other ones that do so), so one that other Slimes can be fed with would probably not make that much sense if we think it through. It could, but that depends on the question if more Slimes will be implemented that can eat other ones or not.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

Postby Tophor » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Name: Pale Slime

Appearance: Like the name suggests a pale cream/maybe pale blue or green, reflecting slime sea's color

Food type: Fruit

Favorite food: Gem fruit, a fruit that grows on cave walls in the Quarry

Passive or Aggressive?: Passive and lazy, much like puddle slimes

Where are they found?: Quarry

How rare? 1-10:8

Notable attributes: Rolls along ground instead of hopping

Anything else: if it has enough momentum it can climb walls for a short period of time
Tophor
Plort

Postby ZionSpelunker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 pm

SpiralRancher02 and Gobledigmus I see your points about the slimes but I thought that these certain slimes would add some interesting things to the game like the skunk spray effect but that's my opinion. About the acorn slimes I thought that not much goes on really in the ranch so I thought it could add new thing to watch out for since I don't find there many things to watch for(I like the plort tree it could be interesting). lastly the thing about the egg slime eating chickadoos, I know they can't be eaten I but it would be rather ironic if the egg ate the chick :).
ZionSpelunker
Chickadoo

Postby Spellfire » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:46 pm

This is one of those things that you can "[imput noun here] slime" and have it work here are the three id like to see for the lols.

Name: fighting slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): orange with bandana

Food type:meat

Notable attributes and features: likes to fight?

_____

From the realistic, crazy, or jokes, follow this guide and make a slime! Who knows? maybe the dev's will like it.

Name: Witch slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): blue with witch hat

Food type: vegi

Notable attributes and features: magic?

____

Name: priest slime/heal slime

Describe appearance (optional drawing of your slime): pink with nun hat/has a cross mark?

Food type: fruit

Notable attributes and features: for the heals :P

hero slimes ftw lol

humm... bandit slime...
Spellfire
Plort

Postby jason60056 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Name: Rabbliz

Describe appearance: a white looking rabbit slime with rainbow ears.

Food type:Meat and fruit

Passive or aggressive?: they are aggressive first but if you but it in a corral it will become passive.

Where are they found? they are found near any type of grotto.

How rare? 1-10: they are very hard to find so a 4 chance.

Notable attributes and features:

Anything else:
jason60056
Plort

Postby jason60056 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Name: Rabbliz

Describe appearance: a white looking rabbit slime with rainbow ears.

Food type:Meat and fruit

Passive or aggressive?: they are aggressive first but if you but it in a corral it will become passive.

Where are they found? they are found near any type of grotto.

How rare? 1-10: they are very hard to find so a 4 chance.

Notable attributes and features:

Anything else:
jason60056
Plort

SkeleSlime

Postby koloproductions » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Name: Skeleslime

Describe appearance: White slime with what appears to be a gooey skull

Food type: Tar, Pink Slime

Favorite food: Pink Slime

Where are they found? Once you have used all the slime keys, you may find one of them in a pond (random pond location)

How rare? 1-10: 6

Notable attributes and features: The skull

Anything else: They might have a little fight with tar before eating them
koloproductions
Plort

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Name:

Wooly Slime!

Describe appearance: Opaque white, with big black eyes and a little curly puff on their forehead area.

Food type: Veggie

Favorite food:

Passive or aggressive?: Extremely passive and timid

Where are they found? In grassy areas in the Moss Blanket or beyond

How rare? 1-10: 4; but, due to shyness, are very hard to catch!

Notable attributes and features: Wooly slimes are the cuddly, jiggly slime cousin of the Earth sheep!! As such, any wooly slime alone in a corral will soon perish, and because they are so timid, it's hard to catch one, let alone more, so ranchers much store these little guys until at least three are caught! Once in a safe, cozy corral with a group, wooly slimes will settle down and graze on any vegetable given to them, growing in three stages before producing a few wooly plorts each! The more they eat, the quicker the 'wool' grows, leading to more profitable plorting! Music boxes are a good idea, as is keeping them away from carnivorous and overly-active slimes like Boom Slimes, which startle the wooly slimes to no end and prevent eating, which prevents plorting.

Plortonomics: Wooly plorts are often refined by cloth producers to make a unique fabric that is warm, cozy, and cuddlier than any fiber on Earth! Clothes made of wooly plorts are durable and warm, making them great for space-suit lining, winter gear, and even things like oven mitts! Since the fabric isn't itchy and won't shrink as well, it's in high demand!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby YongYoKyo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:23 am

I'm not fond of the animal-like Slime ideas. Most animals do not have any slime-like abilities or traits, and most of the animal ideas overlap too much with existing Slimes.

Dog Slimes would be too similar to the Tabby Slimes, and any potential Largos would not work out since it would end up having both cat/dog ears and cat/dog tails occupying the same space. Winged animal Slimes would have the same issue with Phosphor Slimes with their Largos.

I prefer Slimes that do not overlap with any existing Slimes, and make creative and imaginative use of the Slime's gelatinous nature.

As someone mentioned before, I think Oil Slimes are a pretty good idea. Something like...

Name: Oil Slime / Fire Slime

Describe appearance: A Slime with a bright orange-yellow color, similar to superheated oil. Small flames flicker across the surface of its body.

Food type: Fruit

Favorite food: Oilive, an olive-like fruit dripping with oil. The Oilive trees themselves are heat-resistant.

Passive or aggressive?: Passive, but causes harm through physical contact.

Where are they found?: Dry locations with Oilive trees.

How rare? 1-10: 4

Notable attributes and features: Oil/Fire Slimes are a result of the Slimes' cells replicating the flammable oils found in the fruits of the Far Far Range. Oil/Fire Largos would have small flames covering their bodies. Oil/Fire plorts are commonly used as cooking oil and a gasoline-substitute. Fire/Oil Slimes dissolve when they're left in water for too long.

Name: Tree Slime

Describe appearance: Lime green Slime with a small Pogofruit sapling growing out of its head.

Food type: None

Favorite food: None

Where are they found?: They sometimes replace natural Veggies in the wilderness. They are half-buried in the ground just like Veggies.

How rare? 1-10: 8

Notable attributes and features: A Garden-counterpart of the Puddle Slime. The Tree Slime has a Pogofruit sapling growing from its body, and they have a symbiotic relationship. The Slime absorbs the nutrients that the sapling produces; in exchange, the Slime finds a suitable location with rich soil then buries itself and act as the tree's roots. If they're sucked out of the ground and left out on the surface for too long, they disappear. A rancher can plant a Tree Slime in a Garden just like any other Fruit or Veggie. It will plant the Tree Slime in the center of the plot, and the sapling rapidly grows into a small tree. The tree will start producing Pogofruits like normal Pogofruit trees and will benefit from Garden upgrades, and the Slime at the base of the tree will produce Tree plorts in addition to the Pogofruits. Just like Puddle Slimes, Tree plorts cannot be consumed by other Slimes and create Largos (I thought about having a Plort tree, but that would render the Scareslime upgrade useless since other Slimes won't eat the plorts). Tree plorts are highly prized as effective fertilizer throughout the universe.

Name: Soap Slime / Bubble Slime

Describe appearance: White Slime with a rainbow-sheen on its surface. Small bubbles float around its body.

Favorite food: Tallow Hen, an extremely fat species of Hen Hens.

Passive or aggressive?: Passive; mischievously playful

Where are they found?: No specific location

How rare? 1-10: 6

Notable attributes and features: Soap/Bubble Slimes replicates the fat found in the animals of the Far Far Range. The Soap/Bubble Slimes slide around at fast speeds in random directions, making it hard to vacuum them up. If any other types of Slimes make contact with the Soap/Bubble Slime, they'll temporarily become slick and slippery themselves. Because of this, they are notorious among ranchers. Soap/Bubble Largos will gain a rainbow-like sheen on their bodies and produce little floating bubbles. Soap/Bubble plorts are prized for their effectiveness at removing filth and dirt.
YongYoKyo
Chickadoo

Postby kara2lucy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:28 am

Name: Puppy Slime
Eats: EVERYTHING
Appearence: Looks like tabby slime but brown and white with floppy "ears"
Favorite Food: Meat
passive or agressive: Passive (Except to Tabby Slimes)
Where are they found: Not sure could be anywhere
How Rare: 6 or 7
Notable Attributes: Will scare off Tabby Slimes.
kara2lucy
Plort

Postby Gobledigmus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:57 am

Name: Volcano Slime

Appearance: As gooey as the other slimes, but in the shape of a grey-brown cone, reminding of a volcano. It's bottom looks as if the goo there was molten, but it's consistency doesn't tell apart from the whole rest of the Slime.

behaviour: When this fiery Slime breathes out its highly heated air you should keep some distance from it. But it's not only his breath that is dangerous: His Plorts are also burningly hot and whenever this Slime produces Plorts they will be shot highly into the air. So be careful that they don't land on you. Touching it's Plorts with anything but your collecting tool can cause serious burns. The Plorts are mostly used as self-igniting coal in the industry whenever you need to heat something up. But don't let either the Plorts or the Slime itself fall into water or they will disintegrate immediately.

food type: meat (and Phosphor Plorts)

favourite food: The Volcano Slimes love to eat Phosphor Plorts. They are completely unable to fuse with them to a Phosphor Volcano Largo. Their eating habits can either turn out useful - or lead to the destruction of your loved Phosphor Plorts while they're worth even more than the Volcano Plorts.

passive or aggressive: passive, but still extremely dangerous. Also it takes hard work to keep it happy, because it burns his energy very fast resulting in nearly constant hunger.

where are they found: at barren and/ or burningly hot environments

rarity: 6/10
Last edited by Gobledigmus on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Gobledigmus
Rancher

PreviousNext

Return to Slime Design