Random Slime Ideas

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Random Slime Ideas

Postby Sectanza » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:39 am

Just a few random ideas for slimes (and a couple food items) I figured I'd put here to see if I'm on track with my thinking process for this stuff. Also my art for the food isn't the best, so bear with me!
Eggy Slime
Somebody's got some egg-splaining to do.
Slimeology: As its slimy body is much squishier and sensitive than those of other slimes, the Eggy Slime has evolved a fragile shell to give it an 'extra life' against threats on the Far, Far Range. Docile and delicious, these cuties make for nice company--and a nice breakfast--on the Ranch.
Rancher Risks: Eggy Slimes are passive and docile, and thus they present no dangers to a rancher whilst in a corral; however, their outer shell is very fragile, making it a tough slime to store. If left in the Vac Pack of a walking rancher too long or if it is shot out of the Vac Pack too much within a short span of time, its outer shell will be damaged, preventing it from making Plorts until its shell gets a chance to regenerate (around one in-game day).
Plortonomics: Eggy Plorts are valued as a delicious, healthy alternative to the typical hormone-injected eggs on Earth. They are sold in grocery stores by the dozen, often baked into cakes and pastries glazed by refined Honey Plorts to be consumed only on the cheatiest of cheat days. These Plorts, along with the slimes that produce them, can also be thrown into a rancher's Incinerator to create Sunny Eggs (explained after entries for slimes).
Diet: Veggies
Favorite Food: Oca Oca
Default Plort Value: 25

Plug Slime
Positively shocking!
Slimeology: Although adorable and seemingly harmless, these little cuties are quite electrifying! They flock in areas where there is any sort of electric current, making themselves abundant during thunderstorms. The cells in their bodies convert electricity into energy, and they expel excess through the prongs on their heads.
Rancher Risks: These slimes pose no risks to a good rancher; however, if they see a Tarr or Largo nearby, they will feel threatened and stick their prongs into the ground, expelling a powerful electric charge. This deals 70 damage to a rancher and kills all slimes within radius of the charge, which is about the radius of a Boom Slime's explosion. (this is not carried over into Plug Largos, so not to worry!)
Plortonomics: Plug Plorts are valued for their ability to be plugged into electrical sockets and wirelessly charge any device within ten seconds, but are unfortunately only good for a few uses. Oh well, at least they're much better than those typical phone chargers.
Diet: Veggies
Favorite Food: Silver Parsnip
Default Plort Value: 35
(Thank you to RockCandySlime for the original description!)

Olive Slime
Likes to strut its stuff.
Slimeology: Olive Slimes start out as edible, hollow shells. As they grow, always sticking to their strict diet of Cherry Peppers, they start to gain a squishy, deep red inside that makes them and their Plorts all the more delicious. Although, it may be tough to get past the slimy texture...
Rancher Risks: Olive Slimes are harmless, but refuse to eat anything besides Cherry Peppers; however, on the bright side, they will always produce two Olive Plorts when they eat. Tarrs will always target these slimes first, so you know where they'll be once you get the water!
Plortonomics: Olive Plorts are known for being a tasty, savory snack best fit for those that like squishy foods. They are also a much quicker alternative to regular olives since they take no time to grow, making the creation of olive oil a much faster process.
Diet: Cherry Peppers
Default Plort Value: 20

Starry Slime
A burning ball of squishy energy.
Slimeology: Starry Slimes are distant cousins of the Gold Slime, appearing very rarely on the Far, Far Range; however, unlike their cousins, they can be vacked up and shot into a corral! They only appear during the nighttime, glowing brightly alongside Phosphor Slimes to create a truly beautiful sight.
Rancher Risks: Along with being incredibly rare, Starry Slimes are light-sensitive, making a Solar Shield or a perpetually dark place crucial in raising these shimmering slimes. High Walls are also necessary, as these slimes can easily leap out of first-stage Corrals.
Plortonomics: Starry Plorts have a small, burning ball of gasoline underneath their glittery shell. The ball is usually carefully removed and put into rocket engines to keep them burning, and the discarded shell is put on silver or gold chains to be worn as jewelry.
Diet: Fruit, Veggies
Favorite Food: Silver Parsnip
Default Plort Value: 80

Cherry Pepper
Sugary fruits that'll light your mouth on fire.
Type: Fruit
Favored By: Olive Slime
On the Ranch: Deposit a Cherry Pepper into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large Cherry Pepper tree of your very own. This tree will last for several harvests. Sweet, spicy, and always coming in bunches of two, it's no wonder Olive Slimes can't stay away from these tasty fruits. Too ripe and they'll give you diabetes; too unripe and they'll make you spit flames.

Sunny Eggs
Best served sunny-side up. They melt the plate if they aren't.
Type: Meat
Favored By: None (unless you have a slime that could eat these!)
On the Ranch: Sunny Eggs are the result of Eggy Plorts, Eggy Slimes, or Hen Hen Eggs thrown into an Incinerator and serve no purpose other than to be fed to slimes.
Sorry if I ever come off a little rude. I'm a bit of a tsundere.
Twitter|Tumblr|DeviantART
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Re: Random Slime Ideas

Postby Tabbs4Days » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Oh, that cherry pepper is making my mouth water. I've had cherry salsa before and it's the bomb-diggity.
2-Time Cuberry Stacking Champ
Tabbs4Days
Rancher

Postby RockCandySlime » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Glad I could be of assistance ;)
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Postby Buttonsmasher » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:38 am

I want slime eating slimes and plort eating slimes.

It would ne cool if there was any vac-pack uphrades that gave more slots then 4
And suck power upgrades to
Buttonsmasher
Plort

Postby Sectanza » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 am

Those definitely sound like good ideas, but keep in mind I'm not a developer. I can't really make these things happen XD Plus I was looking more-so for feedback, hence the 'to see if I'm on the right track with my thinking process for this stuff.' But don't get me wrong, I might consider thinking up a slime-eating slime!
Sorry if I ever come off a little rude. I'm a bit of a tsundere.
Twitter|Tumblr|DeviantART
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Return to Slime Design