[suggestion] Snake Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

[suggestion] Snake Slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:06 am

"Slithery and slimy all in one!"

Diet: Meat

Favourite: None

Slimeology: Snake Slimes are an interesting slime as their scaly body make for excellent camouflage. they are great hunters and are extremly territorial attacking anything they see with their Sharp fangs. Their Pink Tongue is great for Sniffing out the air and smelling out some fresh Henhens.

Rancher Risks: Snake slimes are often seen Biting other slimes and overall acting very aggressive scarying other slimes this can be combatted with the music box but if not dealt with can lead to some serious tarr problems

Plortomics: The Snake slimes plots is quite tall and scaly. It makes for great armor as it durable, Powerful, Camouflages in the jungle and it looks cool!

Plorts starting value: 40

What i mean by "scarying" other slimes is that if they are close to the snake slime they will jump higher and have that scared face on them
Last edited by TurtleDuDe48 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: [suggestion] Snake Slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:27 am

Plumpette wrote:Hmm.. interesting! However I can see an issue with the shape. Snakes are known for their long stringy shape and with a slime that would be removed. So it could appear to resemble more a lizard than a reptile.

You have a point i might have to change this a little
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby Lantern » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:40 pm

I already had this idea....

Yours is a nice take on it though. I like the tongue aspect of it.
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Plumpette wrote:Hmm.. interesting! However I can see an issue with the shape. Snakes are known for their long stringy shape and with a slime that would be removed. So it could appear to resemble more a lizard than a reptile.

Tsuchinoko are fat snake cryptids, and the Japanese cultural equivalent to a jackalope. If you look at the hits on Google Images, there's a big variety of depictions. A snake slime based on this might just need a snek tongue, a nice scaly pattern, and a little tail.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Lantern » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:

Tsuchinoko are fat snake cryptids, and the Japanese cultural equivalent to a jackalope. If you look at the hits on Google Images, there's a big variety of depictions. A snake slime based on this might just need a snek tongue, a nice scaly pattern, and a little tail.

The tail would interfere with a Tabby Slime's if it makes a largo... plus it needs to take advantage of it's gelatinous form.
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:23 am

Lantern wrote:The tail would interfere with a Tabby Slime's if it makes a largo... plus it needs to take advantage of it's gelatinous form.

Why couldn't it just replace the Tabby's tail or vice versa? And having a scaly-looking pattern doesn't require the slime's consistency to change.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby Lantern » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Pigcatapult wrote:
Lantern wrote:The tail would interfere with a Tabby Slime's if it makes a largo... plus it needs to take advantage of it's gelatinous form.

Why couldn't it just replace the Tabby's tail or vice versa? And having a scaly-looking pattern doesn't require the slime's consistency to change.

Hmm, maybe a kinda scale patch-pattern, like half-slime, half-reptile. I say to pull the face forward a little bit to make it more snake-ish, kinda like how the Tarr stretch their faces forward from being flat in order to bite ranchers. It would look vaguely like a snake, without sacrificing any other features, allowing for some very interesting largo appearances.

Imagine a Snake Tabby, with the ears and tail, scaly-like gelatinous body, and a slight serpentine appearance to the face. I want, like, 6 of those in a corral.
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Return to Slime Design