Poison Dart Slime [Redesign]

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Poison Dart Slime [Redesign]

Postby PlushKlavier » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:26 am

I remade my Poison Dart Slime I created for the first week create a slime challenge because I'm not happy with the picture I used, it was pretty late so the picture was kind of butchered :^)
Here's a link to the thread
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1201&start=25#p9566

And here we have the improved picture
The Slimepedia entry will stay the same

Poison Dart Slime/Dart Slime

Occurrence: Forest of Rain (The rainforest)
Default value of plort: 40
Diet: Fruit
Favorite: Pinkberries (Like blueberries, but pink)
Aggressive: No

Slimeology:
This colorful slime is mostly found in the more damp areas of the Forest of Rain.
It has evolved to repulse Tarr and other aggressive slimes with their colors and poisonous mucus, no other slime in the Far, Far Range would leave you with such an awful taste in your mouth and an awfully hurt stomach.
The slime itself however is far from aggressive and will tolerate any approaching ranger.

Rancher Risks:
Despite its non-aggressive behavior, if not careful, the mucus that the body of the slime produces can be seriously damaging to the ranger as it contains poison that can be absorbed by the skin and lead to poisoning of the body.
Rangers are advised to wear thick gloves and clothing covering all of their body when handling this slime.

Plortonomics:

The poison that is within the plort is harmless to humans because it contains such a small amount.
It is very desired by scientists and scientists in the medical field on earth.
The poison is used in several products that combat pests, but also for certain household products like bleach and sprays against mold.
Not only is it useful for pest control and cleaning, the poison also contains a chemical that can be used for medicine and antidotes.
Come find me on my Tumblr!
plushklavier.tumblr.com
PlushKlavier
Rancher

Re: Poison Dart Slime [Redesign]

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:13 pm

I really like this idea, good job :)
Heather
Admin

Re: Poison Dart Slime [Redesign]

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:23 pm

I like it! It's so colorful, and I love how it's based on Earth wildlife in an abstract way. <3

Plumpette wrote:I like the evolution explanation for it's camouflage. (gotta wonder how the slime reproduce? Are there slime babies?) The drawing is really nice too. However it kinda makes me think of fingerpaint. But also of camouflage, so it still works great.

We've seen slime reproduction already! =D Gordos split into a bunch of small slimes once they've reached enough biomass. Although it's not explained what causes a slime to stop plorting and instead keep growing larger when it eats, so that's still a mystery.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Return to Slime Design