Prickle Slime!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Prickle Slime!

Postby SnowPoff » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Slimeology: These cactus like slimes get their name from the spines all over their body which raise up when threatened or agitated. Their love for sunlight knows no bounds, favoring dry hot climates the most.

Favorite Food: Flare Pear

Rancher Risks: Prickle Slimes are mostly harmless, but during the night or in the dark they can become agitated causing them to lash out.

Plortonomics: Prickle Plorts may sound unpleasant, but are often used as an ornamental alternative for plants.

I heard there was going to be a desert area so I thought of a desert slime. I plan on putting up more artwork later. I thought retracting spines would give a good excuse to make them only occasionally harmful (like booms with the explosion and rocks with the roll) and offer a good animation.

I thought the want for sunlight would make them a good contrast with phosphors. Since they don't disappear no new corral parts will need to be added and it won't be game breaking if you mix them with phosphors.

The Flare Pear is a reference to the real world prickly pear without being too specific to the slime.

Input is appreciate

P.S. Sorry that prickle plort is such an unfortunate name.
Attachments
Prickle Slime.gif
Prickle Slime Concept
Prickle Slime.gif (50.03 KiB) Viewed 7093 times
SnowPoff
Rancher

Re: Prickle Slime!

Postby Lantern » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:25 pm

I'll take 10 of these! I love this guy's face! So happy! It would probably damage a Rancher if they step on it by accident like the Rock Slimes.
Light the way.
Lantern
Rancher

Postby Heather » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 pm

That is SO cute :)
Heather
Admin

Postby SnowPoff » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Plumpette wrote:Hi SnowPoff! Welcome to the forums. I have to admit, I clicked this expecting a pickle slime. (hehe...) I like it. I wonder if paired up with fragile slime, like the puddle slime, it would cause the other slime to pop? The drawing is very nice, you've managed to copy the style of the game really well. :D

Round off the spines a little bit and it'd make a pretty good pickle slime, haha.

Thinking about this slime I really wanted it to interact water, but all my ideas only worked with ponds and not naturally occurring water. And as much as I love water slimes I think having prickle slimes be a bit of a danger to other slimes would be really neat. And since you're not going to find a lot of water slimes in the desert I think the risk wouldn't be frustrating with having them back at ranch HQ.
SnowPoff
Rancher

Postby SnowPoff » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:25 pm

Top Left: A concept of the agitated prickle slime "attacking"

Top Right: While I was getting reference I figured out there was a prickle pear already coded in the game but not implemented, but I drew the flare pear anyway

Bottom Left: The prickle plort (don't think about it)

Bottom Right: A Correct version of the prickle slime (gradient added and highlight on spines added)
Attachments
Prickle Concepts.gif
Prickle Sheet
Prickle Concepts.gif (76.9 KiB) Viewed 7060 times
SnowPoff
Rancher

Postby Superslimer48 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Hello Snowpoff! I really like your drawing and i want to request that you draw something for me to edit onto my post for "MAKE YOUR OWN SLIME CHALLENGE WEEK 2". I would be fine with you not wanting to, but i would really appreciate it.
Here is the description:

Name: Cloud Slime
Diet: Fruit
Appearence: it looks sort of like a translucent cloud with wisps of air around it, and looks very happy. it also needs to look kind of like a snow cloud.
Some facts about it: Cannot be contained in a corral, because it can float away and squeeze through the air net, but it is happy to stay in the ranch and won't leave the ranch unless it can't find food, in which case it will leave in search of fruit.
Plorts: will produce cloud plorts upon eating. if it eats a tabby plort, it will turn into a cloud tabby largo and float away. upon eating a rock plort, it will sink to the ground, unable to move and bound to starve. upon eating a plort from those explosive slimes (i dont remember the name) it will inflate like a balloon and pop. feeding these slimes plorts are highly unrecomended.

I tried to draw it myself, but it looked terrible because im not very talented at art.
EDIT: Thanks man, it's perfect and i really appreciate it!
Last edited by Superslimer48 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Superslimer48
Plort

Location: Somewhere 1000 light years away from earth, trying to farm slimes for poop

Postby SnowPoff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Superslimer48 wrote:...I want to request that you draw something for me to edit onto my post for "MAKE YOUR OWN SLIME CHALLENGE WEEK 2". I would be fine with you not wanting to, but i would really appreciate it.
Here is the description:

Name: Cloud Slime
Diet: Fruit
Appearence: it looks sort of like a translucent cloud with wisps of air around it, and looks very happy. it also needs to look kind of like a snow cloud.

I actually already have a cloud slime made for another post. Your concept is much more fleshed out than the other thread though. Here's a copy of everything from over there anyway:

"I messed with the concept of a fluffier more cloud shaped slime but it didn't look right. So I made this wispy almost ghostly slime. There's a lot of high up trees in the Dry Reef higher than the phosphors fly that seem perfect for a cloud slime.

I could see them as a more normal slime eating things like fruit or as a Puddle Slime companion of sorts drinking water and gravitating towards ponds and rivers.

The plortonomics could relate to pillows or beds and the fluffiness of the plort.

I think if you went the more normal route it'd make for a vary dangerous largo dropping plorts everywhere making tarr. Try to collect and you cause a disaster it's a shame because,
I just wanted to see you laughing in the Plorple Rain."
Attachments
cLOUD cONCEPT.gif
cLOUD cONCEPT.gif (115.98 KiB) Viewed 6985 times
SnowPoff
Rancher

Postby ssbbka » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 pm

I love it 0_0
ssbbka
Plort

Return to Slime Design