Mimic Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Mimic Slime

Postby Xamerzan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 am

Mimic Slime
This design is open for discussion or other artists are welcome to make their own concept for this particular slime. =)

Occurrance
Potentially anywhere, but extremely rare (rare spawn of the Golden Slime)
Default value of plort
N/A (0)
Diet
Everything
Favorite Food
Plorts
Aggressive
No

Slimeology:

The only slime rarer than the Golden Slime is the Mimic Slime. Only a few ranchers have ever seen one and only know so much about them when they were found. All that is known is that they love to eat the plorts of other slimes which it will take on the shape, form, and color of the slimes that produce them into a pure form of Largo if enough of the same plorts are eaten.

Rancher Risks:

Mimic Slimes are pretty fragile and will disappear if neglected for too long. After it spawns, it must eat enough plorts to become a Pure Largo, otherwise it takes 1 – 2 in-game days before it despawns (feeding it a plort will add 5 in-game hours [5 min.] to this timer anytime it's fed one). If a Mimic Slime eats a specific type of plort but then eats a different one, it will immediately become a Tarr. A Pure Largo will turn into a Tarr if it eats another plort as well (Pure Largos will not eat their own plorts).

Plortonomics:

The Mimic Slime will only produce plorts after it has become a Pure Largo of the plort type it has devoured.

Added Note:

The Mimic Slime is the only slime that CAN devour the plort of a Golden Slime, which after eating enough, will become a regular capturable Golden Slime that will not run away or despawn unless neglected for long enough. This Golden Slime eats everything (like a regular Pink Slime), however can only be fed once every 2 – 3 in-game days and its favorite food is always different when it gets hungry (producing 2 gold plorts if it eats its favorite at the time). This slime WILL eat other plorts if given the chance, and will become a Tarr as a result.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Re: Mimic Slime

Postby Xamerzan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:38 pm

What? No commentary on the Mimic Slime? D=
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby Ninjazosia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:39 pm

I know the feel.
What's Krakalacken? -Octoslime

Liscensed 7Zee Corp Slimeobiologist
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1595
Ninjazosia
Rancher

Location: Interuniversal Research Station Delta, Location Classified

Postby Xamerzan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Just gonna bump this one more time. I'm honestly surprised that no one has any input on this. =|
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby Ninjazosia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Seems a taaaaad overpowered. And part of the charm of slime rancher is the world just being full of them, so it's a little odd when so many slimes seem to be rare. I know this probably isn't the response you were looking for (sorry), but I'm just saying. Nice job on the art tho.

Ninjazosia
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:53 am

Ninjazosia wrote:Seems a taaaaad overpowered. And part of the charm of slime rancher is the world just being full of them, so it's a little odd when so many slimes seem to be rare. I know this probably isn't the response you were looking for (sorry), but I'm just saying. Nice job on the art tho.

Well, consider this: this particular slime has a chance to take the place of a Gold Slime which, if you decided to catch it, you have to feed it a specific type of plort for a fairly long period of time so it can become a Largo (if not a Gold Slime) and doesn't despawn. Also, if you happen to have enough golden plorts to make the Gold Slime, you still have to give it a bit of attention (aka, feeding it when it gets hungry).

This particular slime was based around the idea of the Chao Garden from Sonic Adventure Battle 2 in that this one would need to be well-cared for if you wish to maintain it. TBH though, as long as someone isn't completely bashing the idea, any input is ok in my book. And thank you, though I'm only using a simple program, it's nice to be complimented on my works. ^_^

P.S., How exactly do you see this being a tad overpowered?
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:30 am

honestly don't see the point. First off, the ability to become a gold slime is OP. Secondly, if it does become a pure largo, it will only drop one plort type. That's can be a bad thing if whatever you have chosen is doing poorly in the market. I guess It could be neat if the plort type was doing well in the market. But imo, hybrid largos are better.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Ninjazosia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Nunn wrote:First off, the ability to become a gold slime is OP

That's what I meant. No hard feelings.

Ninjazosia
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:51 pm

None taken. Honestly, I had hoped that the limits of how the Mimic Slime could turn into a Gold Slime would be enough to make it at least an interesting slime to catch and use for your Ranch. Guess I'm not surprised of this reaction.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Return to Slime Design