Grime Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Grime Slime

Postby Arakai » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:06 am

A Grime Slime is a concept I thought of a couple of nights ago. It might have already been suggested/thought of by someone else, or something similar, etc. etc., but here are the basics of the concept:

-Grime Slimes have a rare chance of being developed under the same conditions as a Tarr (i.e. a Largo eating a Plort outside of its own types), where instead of becoming a large Tarr, it breaks down into two (or more) Slimes that resemble Tarrs but are not hostile. Like Puddle Slimes, their Plorts can't be used to make other Largos, and perhaps they could become like Puddle Plorts and disappear if they aren't in water (Or grime that could be collectible from Tarrs?). It would add another slime type that could use the Pond, add another challenge for facing Tarr (Make your own and risk Tarrs eating other slimes/attacking you, just for this rare kind of slime, or make it easier to entice players into the areas where Tarr are more likely to form, such as near the teleporter at the end of the Dry Coral Reef or in The Moss Blanket), and also add the challenge of them only occurring under the conditions of Tarr creation, making it a challenge to harvest as they wouldn't pop out of the environment like other Slimes.

I didn't add a design as I basically see them as little Tarr that don't look so angry, and I thought of this because I love the glowing cracks of rainbow all over the Tarr but they're too aggressive to want to keep.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts, obviously this could do with more details or tweaking, I just wanted to share!

-Arakai
Arakai
Plort

Re: Grime Slime

Postby DanielN06 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:29 am

10/10
DanielN06
Rancher

Return to Slime Design