Static Slime (My take on electric slimes)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Static Slime (My take on electric slimes)

Postby StaticGremlin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Diet:
Fruit
Favorite:
Something Citrus Based
Slimeology:
Static slimes are probably the clingiest variety you will encounter. Their magnetic personality will usually end up with them sticking close to slimes of other species, and they don't have a prejudice against humans either. This attraction comes from the electrical currents their bodies are constantly charged with thanks to their super conductive cells, which build a static charge from well... just about anything they do.
Rancher Risks:
Don't let their friendly nature fool you, static slimes can cause a surprising amount of problems thanks to their nature to bunch others around them. They not only are naturally pulled towards the largest group of bodies nearby, but they pull those bodies back as well. You will often find them bringing slimes you would rather keep a safe distance nuzzling up a little too close for comfort. If they start eating at that point you can expect plenty of unwanted largos and worse. Not to mention their tendency to shy slimes out of their comfort zones. They also feel a stronger pull to humans, so an unwary rancher can end up dragging static slime around far away from their usual areas.
Plortonomics:
Static plorts are the finest conductors known to man, they actually amplify the energy stored inside. They are highly sought after for any number of electronic devices and batteries. They are even used to augment energy collection compounds used for things like solar devices. Their electric versatility makes them highly sought after by all kinds of corporations for personal/consumer use.

Visual details not in image:
Static slimes constantly create a subtle glow, much lower than phosphor slime, but still present. The blue lines around their body flow upwards. If I was more talented/if I had the time I would have included a halo in the image to represent a tesla coil.

PS:
I've seen a couple of electric slime ideas rolling around the place, but this is intended to go in a different direction.
Also if it isn't too complicated, their attraction to a player should normalize when they grow to largos, but the player should begin be pulled towards the largo. Nothing super strong or anything, just enough to be an inconvenience while ranching, and a larger threat while feral.
Finally, any similarities to my name and profile are coincidental other than the fact that I love electricity used as an element in games.
StaticGremlin
Plort

Re: Static Slime (My take on electric slimes)

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 am

It's cute! But a suggestion on design? Make the blue lines a little jagged; then it'll look like it's actually electric charge in the slime!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby TalesOfTardis » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 am

And needs to be fluffy, so it can charge up.
TalesOfTardis
Chickadoo

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:55 am

TalesOfTardis wrote:And needs to be fluffy, so it can charge up.

I don't think it needs to be fluffy? Have you ever rubbed a balloon against your hair? Both get charged! What if the slime is like the balloon? I would totally rub a slime in my hair if it made it stand on end!
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby StaticGremlin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:33 am

It's cute! But a suggestion on design? Make the blue lines a little jagged; then it'll look like it's actually electric charge in the slime!

Jagged lines would be fine, and would be more like my original idea. The smooth lines game from looking at a tesla ball and seeing the smooth lines of electricity which broke at the end, but since they are wrapping around him jagged lines that possibly moved a bit (resembling something more active) would probably be an improvement.

I don't think it needs to be fluffy? Have you ever rubbed a balloon against your hair? Both get charged! What if the slime is like the balloon? I would totally rub a slime in my hair if it made it stand on end!

The balloon take is certainly what I was going for, in fact an alternative to the halo-like thing on his head would be a little thing at the top resembling the end of a balloon. The only problem with that would be that it would probably not stand out the same way after being fused with a another slime.
StaticGremlin
Plort

Postby Hachiseiko » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:13 am

StaticGremlin wrote:The balloon take is certainly what I was going for, in fact an alternative to the halo-like thing on his head would be a little thing at the top resembling the end of a balloon. The only problem with that would be that it would probably not stand out the same way after being fused with a another slime.

I think you captured it pretty well! I really like the lines! Kinda reminds me of a tesla coil... or actually, the vacpac! The vacpac has that same pattern in it! It really fits the game's tech!
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby NyanRancher » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:21 am

Cool!
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby DanielN06 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:46 pm

good job <3.
DanielN06
Rancher

Postby StaticGremlin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Okay today I had time to make some art that is right about up to my usual caliber. Here are the two ways I currently envision the slime. (Other than the cringe value I always gain from staring at my own art 90% of the time.)
StaticGremlin
Plort

Return to Slime Design