6 Slime Ideas

Share your original Slimepedia entries

6 Slime Ideas

Postby Nox » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm not sure if any of these have been suggested and/or drawn since I'm pretty new to Slime Rancher, but I've got a few ideas I'd like to suggest. I don't have any concept art, but I'm sure I can paint the picture fairly well through words.

Ice/Frost Slime:
Shape/Appearance: slightly rigid, mostly round. Resembles a crystalized ice formation.
Color: light blue or cyan.
Light Effects: none.
Preferred Food Type: fruit..? Or perhaps a new type of fruit made specifically for Frost Slimes. Maybe something like a snow plum.
Physical Effects: leaves a trail of snow behind itself when it moves that disappears over time. The slime can also start to give the player frostbite if the player stands too close to the slime for a lengthy period of time (say, 30 seconds or so?). Can be killed by the explosions of a boom slime. Would also not be able to become a frost boom largo. However, if the slime comes into contact with water, it will freeze itself a path across the water and will not drown.

Root Slime:
Shape/Appearance: round and bumpy.
Color: brown with green sprouts coming out of different parts of its body.
Preferred Food: veggies. Carrots, perhaps? Nothing seems to prefer carrots yet.
Physical Effects: moves by using roots to pull itself across the ground or up the side of a cliff. Can also use its roots to pull its food towards itself. Will begin to lash out with roots at the rancher if hungry/angry. If a Tarr is in the area, the slime may possibly lower itself into the ground and dig itself back up a short distance away (and further away from the Tarr or Tarrs) to avoid being snatched. This ability takes 10 or so seconds to recharge and will not be used in the presence of a rancher without Tarrs also being present.

Storm/Thunder Slime:
Shape/Appearance: bumpy and cloud-like.
Color: dark purple with yellow eyes.
Light Effects: yellow eyes have a similar glow to that of Phosphorus Slimes. Flash effects included with thunder and lightning (see below).
Preferred Food: water. Doesn't need nor want solid foods.
Physical Effects: this slime floats above the ground continuously and rains on the ground below it with little mini rain pellets. Thunder audio can be occasionally heard from this slime and a flash would accompany it each time it sounds off. Lightning will also strike ranchers if they get too close to the slime. This slime will only be able to become a Largo hybrid with other flying Slimes such as the Phosphorus slime.

Quake Slimes:
Shape/Appearance: cubic with cracks.
Color: either beige or orange.
Preferred Food: chickadoos of any kind (and since chickadoos are valuable, upon eating one, this slime will produce 3 "Quake Plorts").
Physical Effects: this slime travels by slowly rolling over the ground (even over its own face) and occasionally jumps. Whenever the slime lands from its jump, a rumbling effect will occur to warn the rancher. After several seconds, cracks will appear in the ground (not too big or long, but enough to cover an area diameter of 5-6 slimes or so) in which normal slimes will begin to fall into. When a slime lands in a crack, it will cry out for help like a slime normally would when being attacked by a Tarr. The rancher can then save the slime or wait for the slime to fall down the mini earthquake crack, never to be seen again. The same can happen with hens and chickadoos, but roostros, Tarrs, Largo Slimes, and resources (fruits, veggies, Plorts, etc.) will simply be pushed aside. Ranchers can get stuck in a crack until the crack goes away (after about 18-25 seconds or so), so it's best to avoid them.

Slider Slimes:
Shape/Appearance: round, but 1/3 of the size of a normal slime.
Color: two random colors and striped.
Preferred Food: pogo fruit.
Physical Effects: slides around at 2.5x the speed of a normal slime and leaves a trail of striped goo wherever it goes (that is the striped, two colors that it is). Walking on the goo will make the player go 2x faster if they stay on the trail of slime (which is rather narrow). This slime would be able to become a Largo Slime hybrid with most slimes, including others of its own kind. Others of its own kind are likely to be two different colors, and therefore, will become a 4-stripe Largo Slime containing its former and new colors. Plorts would also be colored the same as the slime and would all sell for the same amount- regardless of color.

Deep Forest Slime:
Shape/Appearance: round when still, cylindrical (and on its side) when moving.
Color: very dark green.
Preferred Food: pinecones (make it happen!).
Physical Effects: slowly roams around until coming into contact with another slime, Tarr, or rancher. When meeting another entity, the Deep Forest Slime will release a purple dust towards the entity that will confuse slimes and Tarrs' movement and will make the rancher see illusions and colorful effects. Upon using this ability, the Deep Forest Slime will need 20 seconds to recharge. When slimes and Tarrs are under these effects, they will move in unpredictable ways and act out of confusion. For example, Boom Slimes will explode very often, Tarrs will sporadically reach out to grab things in its reach (and sometimes miss), Tabby Slimes will jump in random directions, and docile slimes (Pink, Honey, etc.) will move extremely slowly in random directions. The effect for slimes, Tarrs, and the rancher alike will last for 8-15 seconds. Plorts of this specific slime will need to be handled carefully as 1/10 may produce the effect of the slime upon trying to vac it.

Any good?
Nox
Plort

Re: 6 Slime Ideas

Postby Nox » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm already seeing similar posts ._.
Sorry if I've duplicated your idea.
Nox
Plort

Re: 6 Slime Ideas

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Never apologise for having similar ideas unless you just straight up stole them... which I don't think you did! ^^ The more versions of one slime there are on the forum the more likely it is that the devs will see it and they'll know that the community likes it! What I'm saying is... we can NEVER have too many slimes! ;D
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Return to Slime Design