CREATE A SLIME CHALLENGE: WEEK 1

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Re: CREATE A SLIME CHALLENGE: WEEK 1

Postby TrainCody » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:23 am

Iron & Rust Slimes

I happened to quite literally stumble upon some interesting specimens the first time I entered the rainforest for a survey. I slipped on some slick rocks and landed butt-first into a runoff pool, only to be greeted by the giggles of slimes I'd never seen before. The primary physical characteristics were a granulated membrane and spiky villi-like extensions protruding from the top (like black sand over a magnet). What was truly interesting about these buggers was their apparent dual natures. The handful who greeted me in the pool were a deep black color and, much like the Puddle Slimes, seemed content with just lounging in the water; however, upon standing I saw an additional two specimens of a more red-orange color who were much more active, snacking on nearby fruit with a preference for the local Prune Stones. This difference also seemed to extend to the produced Plorts: the black ones in the pool were dense and firm like rubber while the orange ones littering the ground were almost depressingly light and flimsy like gelatin.

Reasoning:
Rainforests are prime areas for runoff, and runoff is a good way for granulated iron to be accumulated.

Concept:
The idea was to craft two different "entries" that are technically two sides of the same coin: an Iron Slime will convert into a Rust Slime within 2 seconds of being placed on land and a Rust Slime will convert into an Iron Slime within 2 seconds of being place in water. This is meant to present a give-and-take mechanic concerning the Plorts. Iron Plorts would be slightly more valuable on base than Puddle Plorts, but would require a noticeably longer time to produce. Conversely, penned Rust Slimes can be fed as readily as any other fruit-loving slime, but the corresponding Plorts would be significantly less valuable due to dehydration and corrosion.

Note: If anyone is interesting in illustrating this concept, you have my blessing.
Last edited by TrainCody on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TrainCody
Rancher

Postby Dunksteepppp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:47 am

Monster Slime.png
Monster Slime
Monster Slime.png (59.24 KiB) Viewed 21595 times

Name: Monster Slime

Diet: Everything
Favorite Food: Tarrs

Slimeology: The monster slimes come from the rainforest, but they are sensible to sun rays. To protect them you gotta buy the solar protection if you would like to keep them safe. They can protect you from the Tarrs.

Rancher Risks: It's radioactive monster aura can kill other slimes (not Monster Slimes), but they can eat Tarrs.

Plortonomics: They are specially used in clothes and other things...
Dam' son!
Dunksteepppp
Plort

Postby AquaticToaster » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:44 am

I got bored, have a couple more.
Butterslyme
Monkey Slime
AquaticToaster
Plort

Postby snazzapplesweet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:23 am

thought i would give this a goo hahahaha ..ah

Stripey and Spotty Slimes!

Diet: Meat (roostros are a fave!)

Occurrence: uncommon

Aggressive?: Not inherently but they can pounce on you if you're not paying attention, so look out!

Slimology: These slimes are a wilder variant of the oh-so-cute tabby slimes! Native to the smokey jungle, these slimes rely on stealth to hunt for food and hide from tarrs.

Rancher Risks: These wild slimes love to play hide and seek and can easily get around prying eyes to go after the chicken coop so make sure your slimes and food sources are well fenced!

Plortonomics: The slime's plorts are handy in making stealth technologies and humane animal prints, that is if they don't suddenly dissapear while you're admiring them!
snazzapplesweet
Plort

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 am

snazzapplesweet wrote:Image

Aggressive?: Not inherently but they can pounce on you if you're not paying attention, so look out!

Slimology: These slimes are a wilder variant of the oh-so-cute tabby slimes! Native to the smokey jungle, these slimes rely on stealth to hunt for food and hide from tarrs.

Rancher Risks: These wild slimes love to play hide and seek and can easily get around prying eyes to go after the chicken coop so make sure your slimes and food sources are well fenced!

Plortonomics: The slime's plorts are handy in making stealth technologies and humane animal prints, that is if they don't suddenly dissapear while you're admiring them!

Aaaaaw, I was gonna do something like this D: Oh, well... :'P Too slow!
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby ShakesBeer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:51 am

Dunksteepppp wrote:
Monster Slime.png

Name: Monster Slime

Diet: Everything
Favorite Food: Tarrs

Slimeology: The monster slimes come from the rainforest, but they are sensible to sun rays. To protect them you gotta buy the solar protection if you would like to keep them safe. They can protect you from the Tarrs.

Rancher Risks: It's radioactive monster aura can kill other slimes (not Monster Slimes), but they can eat Tarrs.

Plortonomics: They are specially used in clothes and other things...

I've a better name for it ;)
Bloodmoonslime :D
ShakesBeer
Chickadoo

Postby ShakesBeer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:04 am

TERRA.png
TERRA.png (197.4 KiB) Viewed 21577 times
ShakesBeer
Chickadoo

Postby HDDNeptunia » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:41 am

Shock Slime

Joke: These powerful little slimes will definitely give you a 'shock'.

Diet: Veggies

Favorite : Flatato (Potato)

Occurrence: Only when raining. (Weather types maybe?)

Default value of plort: 35

Aggressive?: No, but harmful.

Slimology: These slimes have been used to power entire cities! They are highly sought after, as they can generate more electricity than an electric eel.

Rancher Risks: Keep away from ponds, or any water sources, as any slimes in that body of water, can be seriously harmed! (Basically, they die. But don't put that)

Plortonomics: These slime's plorts are often kept as power sources, such as car batteries. These plots have the ability to hold enough power as one of the slimes themselves.

Extra Info: It is animated, yellow with purple jolts travelling through it and will release a shocking aura for about 3 seconds, damaging the player for 10 HP every second within the radius. If the slime comes into contact with ANY body of water, be it the slime sea, a water spout or even a pond, It'll release a jolt, killing any Slimes, Tarr or The player other than shock slimes. It can propel itself with magnet levitation, meaning you'd need an air net above any corrals
Attachments
Shock Slime.png
Sorry for bad editing :( I'm not good at it, but I love this idea
Shock Slime.png (37.7 KiB) Viewed 21574 times
Tabby Sleems are the best <3
HDDNeptunia
Plort

Postby snazzapplesweet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:17 am

Hachiseiko wrote:
snazzapplesweet wrote:Image

Aaaaaw, I was gonna do something like this D: Oh, well... :'P Too slow!

haha welp I didn't notice they seem to have a "Hunter" slime already in development! Looks like we were both to slow on this one x)
snazzapplesweet
Plort

Postby hmat09 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:22 am

Slime-ling
diet- Plorts
favorite- honey Plorts

Slimlogy- These are like spiders to insects from earth compared to Slimes. These are NOT slimes!
They disguise them self's as Slimes to reach there delicious Plorts. they do not give plorts but instead a rare kind of fruit called limey Slime only obtainable this way and can not grow in gardens.

Rancher risks- though not harmless will eat slime Plorts so you better hurry!

Plortonics- none
Attachments
slimebase (1).png
slimebase (1).png (47.99 KiB) Viewed 21570 times
hmat09
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:24 am

snazzapplesweet wrote:
Hachiseiko wrote:Aaaaaw, I was gonna do something like this D: Oh, well... :'P Too slow!

haha welp I didn't notice they seem to have a "Hunter" slime already in development! Looks like we were both to slow on this one x)

Yeah, I guess so! x'D But yeah, I'm going to be making a slime that's very close to the ones you've made... I hope that's okay?
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby irdog » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:34 am

Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby ZombieGuildford » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:40 am

I had an idea for a pink slime with an army helmet on that would protect its fellow slime by firing hot slime balls at the player. It could be tamed however by feeding it a pink slimes favorite food. It would then receive a badge indicating it belongs to you. They could be kept in a coral but if left to roam would patrol the ranch and stopping other slimes from escaping.
ZombieGuildford
Plort

Postby OmegaDna » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Information:
Occurrance: The Jungle Hives
Default value of plort: 52
Diet: Fruit
Favorite Food: Mint Mangos
Aggressive: No, unless provoked.

Slimeology:

These busy, buzzy Bumble slimes just love making plorts. After gathering fruit from the Jungle canopy they convert the organic matter into a glucose-like substance. The resulting plort is then dispensed from the other end of the slime. These plorts, if left unattended for too long, have a chance to become Bumble slimelings. The slimelings must digest more Bumble plorts in order to grow into fully matured adult slimes. These slimeling CANNOT produce plorts. If a bumble plort is not converted into a Bumble slimeling after being left for too long it will, instead, become a honey plort.

Rancher Risks:

Because of the nature of their plorts, the plorts being their young and all, Bumble slimes will protect their plorts heavily and become aggravated as soon as the plorts are gathered. They will attempt to attack the rancher viciously using bites and stings. As a result of their hive mind, ALL bumble slimes in the area will become angry. This can become a problem as the only place to find these slimes is inside their hive....where Bumble slimes live in vast quantities.

Their plorts can also become dangerous if not picked up due to the fact that they transform into honey plorts. The vast detection range in an area swarming with slimes easily leads to unintended largos and commonly..... even worse.....

Plortonomics:

Bumble plorts give the protein of a pink plort with the sweetness of a honey plort. They are also a great deal healthier than their opposition at about 23 calories per plort! The Bumble plortlings are also extremely popular as pets. Their adorable fuzziness coupled with the squishiness of their slimy bodies leads to an irresistible companion. Just make sure you get them back to your ranch quickly before they hatch or transform!
OmegaDna
Plort

Postby Blazekop12 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:49 pm

I found this specimen while walking through the mossy blanket, after I found a secret entrance to the rainforest...

Slimpedia Entry coming soon...
The Jungle Slime

It looks like a bush...

Diet:

Favorite:

Slimeology:

Threats:

Plortonomics:
Attachments
Jungle Slime.png
Jungle Slime.png (53.84 KiB) Viewed 21552 times
Last edited by Blazekop12 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby OmegaDna » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Jack O' Slime:

Slimepedia coming soon. Rlly l8 for me XD and GTG. Would love feedback on my stuff so far. Thanks!
OmegaDna
Plort

Postby Farrenlock » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Diet: Fruit and Meat
Occurrence: While they are common, they only appear at night in high trees and they usually don't travel in packs.

Aggressive?: Not usually, unless you hit it with something like a piece of fruit or spray it with water. If hit, they'll wrap you up with its tentacles and toss you pretty far. To avoid this, feed the Wrangler slimes from afar.

Slimology: These slimes look as though they belong in the ocean, but really they just love to cling to branches and mingle in the shade. They roost in trees so they can easily feed off the tree's fruit.

Rancher Risks: Steer clear from cliffs if you aggravate them! Not only will you loose your chance to catch one, but you risk loosing whatever items you have on hand. Either they'll be dropped by the cliff's edge, or the wrangler slime will steal all your possessions.

Plortonomics: Wrangler Slime plorts are often sought out by those in the medical field because of their medicinal effects. They're known to aid in common colds, the flu, or any autoimmune affecting illnesses.

Plort Value: 15
Last edited by Farrenlock on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrenlock
Chickadoo

Postby snazzapplesweet » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:18 am

Hachiseiko wrote:
snazzapplesweet wrote:
Hachiseiko wrote:Aaaaaw, I was gonna do something like this D: Oh, well... :'P Too slow!

Yeah, I guess so! x'D But yeah, I'm going to be making a slime that's very close to the ones you've made... I hope that's okay?

Go for it! :D
snazzapplesweet
Plort

Postby NyanRancher » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 am

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEY ALLL SO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby digitalcielo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 am

Name: Silk Slime

Diet: Fruits
Favorite: Flyfruit

Slimeology: Silk Slimes are very shy and rare slimes soo much so that they tend to run away or climb up cliffs at the first sight of danger. They tend to hide during the day as they seem to be sensitive to bright lights. They also don't eat very often, usually at most 1 fruit a day lest they turn into puddles of goo from consuming too much liquid from the fruits they eat. This trait seems to carry through with any largo combination tested so far.

Rancher Risks: None, except that they tend to escape corrals without an air net cause they can climb walls

Plortonomics: Silk Plorts sell for high amounts due to the fact that silk slimes can produce 1 plort a day which is enough to make a whole set of high quality silken clothes. While silk farmers still haven't found a way to harvest silk fast enough without lowering the quality

Default plort value: 50

Image: Failed to capture an image. I don't wanna scare the thing with bright lights might make it go nuts
digitalcielo
Plort

Postby PlushKlavier » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Poison Dart Slime/Dart Slime

Occurrence: Forest of Rain (The rainforest)
Default value of plort: 40
Favorite: Pinkberries (Like blueberries, but pink)
Aggressive: No

Slimeology:
This colorful slime is mostly found in the more damp areas of the Forest of Rain.
It has evolved to repulse Tarr and other aggressive slimes with their colors and poisonous mucus, no other slime in the Far, Far Range would leave you with such an awful taste in your mouth and an awfully hurt stomach.
The slime itself however is far from aggressive and will tolerate any approaching ranger.

Rancher Risks:
Despite its non-aggressive behavior, if not careful, the mucus that the body of the slime produces can be seriously damaging to the ranger as it contains poison that can be absorbed by the skin and lead to poisoning of the body.
Rangers are advised to wear thick gloves and clothing covering all of their body when handling this slime.

Plortonomics:
The poison that is within the plort is harmless to humans because it contains such a small amount.
It is very desired by scientists and scientists in the medical field on earth.
The poison is used in several products that combat pests, but also for certain household products like bleach and sprays against mold.
Not only is it useful for pest control and cleaning, the poison also contains a chemical that can be used for medicine and antidotes.
Come find me on my Tumblr!
plushklavier.tumblr.com
PlushKlavier
Rancher

Postby buglegs » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Stink slime

It's based on rafflesias. It smells awful and slimes that are too close to it won't have any appetite.
buglegs
Plort

Postby Chezzeh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Oh goodness... I'm so new here... this is my first post, so... HERE GOES!

I couldn't stop finding slimes!!!

My I introduce you to... the Toady Slime

While exploring the rainforest, a pink tongue suddenly darted in front of my path! I snatched up a pink plort and sucked it right up from a few meters away! I was so surprised, the vibrant orange of its slimy slime skin stuck out beautifully. How could I have missed it before? (Based off of a Poison Dark Frog.) These pretty slimes eat both fruit and meat.

I found a small pool of water to get a cool drink and found this gem, a Lotus slime, floating right in the pool!

These elusive slime float atop of water, and live quite peacefully with water slimes. The eat fruit, need plenty of sunshine, and enjoy a good spray of water every now and then, or else they will wilt.

My final discovery was the Monkey Slime,

This slime hangs out in the treetops, where they can find their favorite fruits, Nana Berries!
Chezzeh
Plort

Postby orionfujiwara » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:02 pm

i hope it is okay to post my discovery!

Name: Howler Slime

Favorite: Mint Mango

Slimeology: Howler slimes are very crafty. They swing through the trees with their dexterous tail and are very bouncy. They are able to survive a fall from any height, and actually seem to enjoy it. They can make loud cries that can be heard across the entire jungle. They will often make this cry at the sight of a predator or a Tarr, to warn others of its kind. They are known for snatching objects from under a rancher's nose and making off with them. Good luck tracking that Howler slime through the thick jungle for your gold plort!

Rancher Risks: No health risk, but they can steal an item before it is fully sucked into the Vacpack. The offender must be vac'd before you can get your item back!

Plortonomics: Howler slime plorts are used to create sound systems, thanks to their strong bass and volume. Only the highest-quality stereos are made with howler slime plorts.

note: i based this slime off a mix of the emperor tamarin and the howler monkey!
orionfujiwara
Rancher

Postby ItsMyWorld66 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:51 am

Camo Slime:

Diet: Fruits

Favorite Fruit:

Slimeology: Camo Slimes are often silent and still, moving only by scooting slightly around. They dont interact with other Slimes much as they remain hidden and blend in with their background, making them very difficult to spot.

Rancher Risks: Camos are very easily upset and will become distressed if around too many other Slimes especially Largos. When this happens they do not produce Plorts and will become hungry swiftly, eating in distress. So quiet places away from all other Corrals is needed.

Plortonomics: Camo Plorts are often used in medicines and vaccines, due to their mimicry of their surroundings. A single cell of a vaccine surrounded by the essence of Camo Plorts will all mimic each other, making expensive Cures more affordable and abundant.

ItsMyWorld66
Plort

PreviousNext

Return to Slime Design