CREATE A SLIME CHALLENGE: WEEK 1

Share your original Slimepedia entries

CREATE A SLIME CHALLENGE: WEEK 1

Postby SlimeMaker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Why hello my lovely adventurers! I am in need of some specimens in a specific area (Mostly so my employer isn't... upset with me...) However, I am far too busy to go into those areas and scout them myself, so I must ask you all to show me your lovely slimes you have found!
If you found multiple, please do show me all of them! The more, the merrier!

This week, I wish to see Slimes that come from a Rainforest.

((Hello! I thought a Bi-monthly create a slime challenge would be really interesting, especially with how creative this board is! I can't wait to see your guy's creations c: While yes, we do have the Moss Blanket in game, I want a true rainforest feel to these slimes! Either way, have fun! -MakR ))
Last edited by SlimeMaker on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Every time I make a slime, my army becomes stronger! I shall rule the world!
SlimeMaker
Rancher

Re: CREATE A SLIME CHALLENGE: WEEK 1

Postby Hachiseiko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 pm

((I'd LOVE to do this and I'm going to but just a head's up... You will only be able to edit the top post for 24 hours. So if you get submissions after that (which you will) you won't be able to add them to the top post... You're better off collecting them all in a new thread at the end of the challenge! ;D))
All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby SlimeMaker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:24 pm

((Oh darn. I'll collect them in another post then, thank you for the warning!))
SlimeMaker
Rancher

Postby RockCandySlime » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:25 pm

after exploring i found a strange ball of vines hang from a tree. i thought it was a giant cocoon for some sort insect but then it turned around and looked at me! it unraveled itself and i saw it was a slime!. it then began to use its vine like limbs as legs and started to walk away. i tried to run after it to examine it but it attached its "vines" to another tree and began to swing away. can you see if you can catch this exotic slime?
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Are we limited to one slime only?
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby SlimeMaker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:Are we limited to one slime only?

Of course not! If you find multiple lovely specimens, please do report every single one! Limiting a person to one limits a person's accomplishments of discoveries! And Limitations are butts!
SlimeMaker
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 pm

((I also need to create a Slime rancher persona so that I can roleplay silly stuff with you >U>))
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby Grymlahv » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:56 pm

The Shroom Sloom (Slime)

Diet: Veggies

Favorite: Rockshrooms

Slimeology: Shroom Slimes are very quiet slimes that prefer dark wet places. Caves are fine and all but a Shroom belongs on the forest floor of a dense jungle. If startled they will let out a paralytic spore, which can stun other slimes and ranchers alike!

Rancher Risks: When startled a rancher can be stunned by a Shroom Slime. This can happen quite often when in close proximity to Boom Slimes. When exposed to bright light a Shroom Slime won't produce any plorts, so a cave or a sunblocker corral is needed.

Plortonomics: Shroom Plorts are used in every gourmet restaurant around the world back on earth. They represent the epitome of refined pallets of the Elite.
Attachments
Shroom Sloom.jpeg
Shroom Sloom.jpeg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 21171 times
Grymlahv
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 pm

A tiny, shy moss slime.

Careful not to step on them in the dense rainforest ;)
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby NyanRancher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Yay leafy slime!

Here ya go SlimeMaker
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby NyanRancher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:14 pm

You know I'm a newbie so it's not the best *blushes*
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Glider Slime

Found this cute little critter jumping from tree to tree, gliding with ease! This one seems to like fruits and veggies.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby WOLFpuppyMEOW » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:48 pm

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... forest.jpg

is it just me or would this be perfect
WOLFpuppyMEOW
Plort

Postby RockCandySlime » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm

oh so i'm supposed to have a picture :(
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Postby Onyxdragon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:41 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (41.62 KiB) Viewed 21064 times

Vine Slime!
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby Farrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Decoy Slime

Wait, that's not a fruit! This slime disguises itself as a tasty morsel so that it can lure other tasty morsels; meaning other slimes. It can eat a variety of other meat. I've seen it devour a chicken or two.
Farrenlock
Chickadoo

Postby yogurttoad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:01 am

Grymlahv wrote:The Shroom Sloom (Slime)

I love this. We need one.
yogurttoad
Plort

Postby Grymlahv » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 am

yogurttoad wrote:
Grymlahv wrote:The Shroom Sloom (Slime)

I love this. We need one.

YAY! Thanks!
Grymlahv
Rancher

Postby 43Darknero » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:21 am

my slime is in my tag :P
Tabby slimes are too cute I made dis http://fav.me/d9pfb3b
Thought of a slime called Angelic. Check it out!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=883
Avatar by http://forums.monomipark.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16677
43Darknero
Rancher

Postby atoriv » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:44 am

Feathered slime!
There's probably some slimes like this already, but... oh well, I like how it came outl :P
atoriv
Chickadoo

Postby Hachiseiko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:47 am

atoriv wrote:Feathered slime!
There's probably some slimes like this already, but... oh well, I like how it came outl :P

Oh, wow! I actually haven't seen any slimes like this! I really, really like it! :'D Good work!
All my latest slime art!

Hachiseiko
Keeper

Postby SanityIsDead » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:12 pm

As requested, after my daily routine I made a foray into the rainforest to see what I could find. Next time I'll have to equip myself better, so I can venture further into the area. It was raining at the time, but I think that was to my benefit. As water dripped from above, I heard a quiet, high-pitched laughter. Bending down to inspect a small sprout at my feet, I discovered a curious specimen, and whipped out my notebook to make a quick sketch.

What I had thought were rain droplets were actually small Slimes! In retrospect, I should have realized it sooner, because these slimes were bigger than a normal drop of rain, but among all of the normal rain, perhaps they blended in, and I didn't notice them around my feet. I'm not sure how these could have come to be; perhaps from an evaporated Puddle Slime? In that case, I'm curious what would happen if you brought a large number of them together. Would they coalesce into a single normal Puddle Slime?

In the humid environs, they seemed to last for a while. I did not stay long enough for the weather to clear up, to see if they would dry away, but I would guess so. Similarly, their Plorts seemed to last while the weather was rainy. When I tried to dispense them outside of the humidity of the rainforest, to see what effect it would have on one of my Slimes, it dissipated much like a Puddle Slime's Plort. So instead, I took two Tabby Slimes back with me to the rainforest, to experiment with them there (they didn't appreciate the wet). I collected one Plort, and a Tabby Slime took it. The results were surprising. While usually, feeding a Slime a Plort of a different variety makes them a Largo, this seemed to have an opposite effect.

Instead of getting larger, the Tabby Slime got smaller!

I decided to leave the small Tabby, for fear of watching it evaporate; I assume that for fusions like this, the result would need to be kept in a very humid environment, where it can feed on dew or such, as the new species of Slime seems to. It's far too small to eat any normal food. And when I attempted to give one of the small slimes a Tabby Plort, it couldn't take it because of its small size, so it seems fusion can only go one way.

From my discovery, I've made a few assumptions; a fusion with this new Slime would likely not be able to ingest any food, only dew. So similarly to a Puddle Slime, I would guess they would regularly output Plorts so long as there was enough water to sustain them. On the other hand, it would be impossible to get twice as many Plorts from feeding them their favorite food, though they would be quite self-sustained. And because of their small size, there's a very small risk of them escaping, and you would be able to fit significantly more of them in a corral. Or would putting many of the same variety of fusions allow them to meld together to become a Largo, much like my theory that many of these Slimes together would become a Puddle Slime? Would it then be a Puddle Tabby Largo? Perhaps not, maybe the other component of the fusion would keep its body from coalescing. I would guess that this new Slime's Plort has a very low value, because of its small size.

And what of the name of the new Slime? Rain Slime, Drop Slime, Dew Slime? Suggestions from fellow researchers are welcome.

I'm fine with using some ideas here and changing other things, should it fit better for the gameplay!
SanityIsDead
Plort

Postby AquaticToaster » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Seems like fun, here have a couple of quick doodles.
Tree Slime/Bark Slime
Leaf Slime
AquaticToaster
Plort

Postby OreRancher » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Vine Slime

“Joke”: Do it for the slime!

Diet: Tree slime plort (Can't turn in to largos) (Vines live off trees so yeuoup)

Occurrence: 40/100 chance in a jungle biome

Default value of plort: 15

Aggressive?: No, but they can mistake you as a tree and slowly drain away your health. (1/60 chance)

Slimology: These slimes are like their plant cousins back on earth, they sap the nutrients out of a tree, but in this case, a tree plort. They can climb really high in the air, if their climbing surface is a tree.

Rancher Risks: They can, very rarely, mistake you for a tree and slowly sap health out of you. (1 HP per 5 seconds)

Plortonomics: The vine slime's plorts are very useful for making rope, factories back on earth decompose these slime's plorts and weave them together tightly, for a pretty green rope.

Picture :
------------------------
Cocoa Slime

“Joke”: These guys co as far as making your tongue go locoa!

Diet: Fruit

Favorite : Mint Mango

Occurrence: Anytime, but can blend in with trees becuase they're brown.

Default value of plort: 20

Aggressive?: No

Slimology: These guys are like honey slimes, but with a twist, they absorb the minty-ness from a mint mango, but also create their own taste of cocoa.

Rancher Risks: These guys are nothing to be afraid of but... they're plort... is so.. sorry my mouth is watering. *ahem* They're very good so slimes will try to get them like honey plort.

Plortonomics: The cocoa slime's plort actually have their own brand back on earth. They're called Wigisses (As in Wiggle + Kisses) becuase slimes look like kisses! These plorts not only, taste like chocolate, but are infused with a minty flavor!

Picture :
------------------------
Tree Slime

“Joke”: Give me tree reasons why I wood'nt corral these guys.

Diet: Fruit

Favorite : Photosynthegranate (Pomegranate)

Occurrence: Anytime, not rare.

Default value of plort: 15

Aggressive?: No

Slimology: These slimes actually have an interesting trait to them, their slime, like the trail they leave not themselves, actually has a rough wood like texture.

Rancher Risks: None, though these guys like to stack really tall, like a tree, so you better buy an air net!

Plortonomics: Back on earth, factories actually use these plorts to make really simple wood planks, all they have to do is use a press, and then press the plort down to make wood planks.

Picture :
(Coming soon)
Slimes are bob-uh-ly
So wiggly and slimey goop.
I want to hug them.
OreRancher
Rancher

Postby Bourbon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 pm

The Mantis slime

Diet: Meat

Favorite: Sload (toad)

Slimepedia: Mantis slimes have a pair of normal eyes, with three extra not-so-normal eyes on top of its head. It can not fly, but it uses its antennae in a helicopter-like motion to land itself at a slow and steady pace.

Its plorts are used for a quick dosage of vitamin C, as well as enhanced flexibility and motor reflex skills. This makes them valuable for yoga trainers and martial arts instructors.

Occurrence: Uncommon

Plort base value: 30

Ranger risks: None

Catchphrase: Two's a pear!
Bourbon
Plort

Next

Return to Slime Design