Default value of plort
Diet
Fruit, Veggies
Favorite Food
???
Aggressive
No

Slimeology:

Frozen Slimes are uncommonly found in bitter, cold environments, but seem to be more active during a blizzard. Where a normal slime would freeze, Frozen Slimes survive and thrive. They will not last very long outside of their cold environments however, and will melt very quickly. On extremely rare occasions, the Frozen Slime may turn into a Puddle Slime instead of completely melting. Puddle Slimes on very rare occasions may too become a Frozen Slime if in close proximity to one.

Rancher Risks:

Though not hostile, Frozen Slimes are very cold to the touch. The surface of a Frozen Slime is like that of dry ice and may cause harm to other slimes when approached or touched for too long. Frozen Plorts may also freeze slimes for a short while before they become a Largo... assuming they survive the process.

Plortonomics:

Frozen Plorts are popularly used as a cold source for refrigerators, coolers, air conditioners, and other cooling needs. Due to Frozen Slimes being relatively uncommon, Frozen Plorts are relatively low in supply but high in demand.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Re: Frozen Slime

Postby ImpossibRu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:32 am

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Yes please.

I love the simplicity of the design.

The only thing that would possibly make better sense tho is making something like water it's diet. Fruits and veggies would likely not be able to thrive in the environments these slimes live in O:
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:41 am

ImpossibRu wrote:The only thing that would possibly make better sense tho is making something like water it's diet. Fruits and veggies would likely not be able to thrive in the environments these slimes live in O:

You'd be surprised at how many certain types of flora can survive in cold to nearly freezing environments. Granted, I've not found any food-related items that can survive in those conditions, but to me it made more sense. My biggest fear was that it'd make it nearly impossible for a Frozen Slime to survive anywhere than its native environment if it had to live in an unprepared pond... which isn't to say that it couldn't have some sort of upgrade later that makes it so Frozen Slimes could live in it and Puddle Slimes couldn't.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:58 am

Xamerzan wrote:You'd be surprised at how many certain types of flora can survive in cold to nearly freezing environments. Granted, I've not found any food-related items that can survive in those conditions, but to me it made more sense. My biggest fear was that it'd make it nearly impossible for a Frozen Slime to survive anywhere than its native environment if it had to live in an unprepared pond... which isn't to say that it couldn't have some sort of upgrade later that makes it so Frozen Slimes could live in it and Puddle Slimes couldn't.

Yea you're right O: I mean in any case a lot of the slimes myself and others are making will require some new game mechanics for slime habitats. Maybe further expansions will include a colder ranch area for heat-sensitive slimes :D
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:35 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:Yea you're right O: I mean in any case a lot of the slimes myself and others are making will require some new game mechanics for slime habitats. Maybe further expansions will include a colder ranch area for heat-sensitive slimes :D

Who's to say that it won't happen sometime during Early Access, or even afterwards? I'm sure they'll have more than what's currently present in-game and in the Wiki by the time they go full release. =3
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby HunterSlime » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

Seems like a cute little slime!
I cant wait for the hunter slimes and I love the tarr! :D
HunterSlime
Rancher

Postby ElderAcorn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

I like the design of the slime itself, but I think the plort looks a little too much like the phosphor plort.
ElderAcorn
Plort

Postby Xamerzan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:35 pm

ElderAcorn wrote:I like the design of the slime itself, but I think the plort looks a little too much like the phosphor plort.

I could see why you think so. The only difference here is that a Frozen Plort is more of a blueish color than it is purple... plus it doesn't glow like the Phosphor Plorts.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby Xamerzan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Bump!
Xamerzan
Rancher

Return to Slime Design