Drill Slime and New Game Mechanic

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Drill Slime and New Game Mechanic

Postby Sockybomb » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Drill Slime

Description: a dark brown slime with a drill for a tail.

Can Be Found: Short periods of time above ground (~12:00 P.M.-1:00 P.M.), mainly in Tunneltropolis (more on this in a future post).

Diet: Vegetables

Favorite: Carrot

Slimeology: Drill slimes are known for the holes they make. Scientists have found a network of tunnels on the Far, Far Range they believe are home to these rare slimes. Drill slimes have adapted to go long periods of time without getting hungry, but when they do, ranchers must feed them as quick as possible. Drill slimes only eat vegetables, since it is the easiest food to find when you're living underground.

Rancher Risks: Since they are unaccustomed to light, drill slimes are unable to be kept outside. If scared or exposed to sunlight for too long, drill slimes will drill into the ground and leave the corral. The only way to prevent this is through putting a metal barrier on the bottom of a corral. (cost: 275)

Plortonomics: Even though a lot of work is required, many ranchers feel it is worth every Plent (idea for name of currency). Drill plorts (dark brown, drill in center) are always in high demand, since drill slimes are a relatively new discovery. They are used in, you guessed it, every single drill. Not only that, but engineers are also using it to create nose cones for rocket ships, because the spinning reduces the chance of heating up when leaving and re-entering the atmosphere, as well as engines that use drills, due to the fact that drills are eco-friendly and cheaper to manufacture. (Default price: 25; Range: 20-55)

New Game Mechanic: Wild Largos and Slime Converters: What if there were some slimes that could only be found as largos? Some of the Wild Largos' plorts may be useless. But what if you wanted to breed a slime in a Wild Largo with another slime? That's where the Slime Converter comes in.

Take, for example, slimes a and b. These slimes could only be found as largos in the wild, largo ab, a as the slime, b as the plort, and vice verca. All of a sudden, you discover slime c. What would you do if you wanted to breed slimes a and c? You would put largo ab into the Slime Converter. What it does is it takes the largo, in this case, ab, and splits it into slime a and plort b, or slime b and plort a, with a completely random chance of getting either. It would also apply for other largos, such as a pink honey slime.

I am open to suggestions on edits to the drill slime. and the Wild Largo/Slime Converter.
Last edited by Sockybomb on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockybomb
Plort

Re: Drill Slime and New Game Mechanic

Postby SlimesGalore » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Nice slime idea I like it. Since the Drill Slime has a common vegetable for it's favorite food maybe lower the plort price? Also, if you want players to really want to get the drill slime make the upgrade 300 or 350? Idk but good job overall.
SlimesGalore
Plort

Re: Drill Slime and New Game Mechanic

Postby Sockybomb » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Good idea about the plort price, Slimes. I have lowered the base to 25, but kept the range. I also boosted the metal floor to 275, but not 300+ because I thought that that was a little much. Thanks for the feedback!
Sockybomb
Plort

Return to Slime Design