Vampire Slime
Information
Occurance: ? (at night)
Default Plort Value: 60
Diet: Largo "blood"
Favorite Food: None
Aggressive: No

Slimeology
Vampire slimes use their small, hollow teeth to attach to unsuspecting largos, sucking their "blood". For some reason, their hosts always become extremely sleepy - Scientists believe that this is due to the Vampire slime applying a special sedative to their prey. This is probably the reason largos are never observed fighting back those little, leeching slimes.

Rancher Risks
Vampire slimes may seem a bit creepy to some ranchers, but they are absolutely harmless (yes, even to their hosts). Caution is advised, though, as these little slimes can use their wings to fly rather high - and if exposed to daylight, they will definitely try to escape whatever place they are trapped in. It is highly advised to keep them in a dark area so they can feed in peace.

Plortonomics
A single vampire plort contains enough sedative to put an elephant to sleep. For this reason, vampire plorts are priced in the medical field.

Special Mechanics
These slimes only spawn at night and are rather rare.
Vampire slimes have the same light requirements as Phosphor slimes. If it's not dark enough, the Vampire slime will immediately detach from its host (if it was attached to one) and try to fly away, easily breaking any air nets in its way.
One largo can only hold one Vampire slime. While being fed on, a largo will not produce any plorts. They will still require food, tough. If their host gets too hungry, the vampire will detach and look for another largo to leech on. If it can't find another host but the area is dark enough for it to not fly away, the vampire will simply act like any common pink slime would.
Largos with a vampire stuck to them will be more calm, only moving around a lot if there is food to get.

Notes
This is intended to be a slime for more advanced ranchers, as they are challenging to care for. Since they prevent their hosts from producing any plorts (so you "lose" up to 4 plorts), the Vampire plorts should be worth more to counterbalance.
Firsteen
Plort

Re: Vampire Slime

Postby RockCandySlime » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:30 am

i bet i could handle them >:)
sorry i'm not edible

Profile art by sectanza :)
RockCandySlime
Rancher

Re: Vampire Slime

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:52 am

I would LOVE to have a corral of vampire slimes! I would also love to make a use for those annoying pink larogs. (Except for pink tabbies. They are cute ^-^)
Blazekop12
Rancher

Return to Slime Design