Moon Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Moon Slime

Postby Gibbs331x » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:15 pm

21169025333_3caf92cae0_b.jpg
21169025333_3caf92cae0_b.jpg (69.67 KiB) Viewed 8166 times

Diet: Rock Slimes

Disadvantages: Light sensitive, Causes near by slimes to turn evil and attack you until moon slime is fed

Advantages: Expensive plorts, Largos will attack tarrs

Base Plort Price: 200

Rareness: Rare as gold slime

Joke: "Starstruck?"
Um... Hi I like cats, penguins, and Slime Rancher
Why are you still reading, stop
I said STOP
Fine, I'll just stop typing, then you won't be able to read it
Gibbs331x
Plort

Re: Moon Slime

Postby OreRancher » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:40 am

Have you thought of how overpowered and unoriginal your/yous sister's slimes are? I'm not trying to be rude, but please think twice before posting a slime topic. Plus, this slime could've had a more creatove name, like lunar slime.
Slimes are bob-uh-ly
So wiggly and slimey goop.
I want to hug them.
OreRancher
Rancher

Postby Seibo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:51 pm

OreRancher wrote:Have you thought of how overpowered and unoriginal your/yous sister's slimes are? I'm not trying to be rude, but please think twice before posting a slime topic. Plus, this slime could've had a more creatove name, like lunar slime.

It doesn't matter if you're "trying not to be," you're acting very rude.

Anyways, I'm getting really pumped by carnivorous slime ideas. It adds just a little bit of dark themes to this lovely and cute game. Also the plort design is super cool!
Seibo
Plort

Postby MsFantem » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Seibo wrote:
OreRancher wrote:Have you thought of how overpowered and unoriginal your/yous sister's slimes are? I'm not trying to be rude, but please think twice before posting a slime topic. Plus, this slime could've had a more creatove name, like lunar slime.

It doesn't matter if you're "trying not to be," you're acting very rude. Also the plort design is super cool!

This may be because I'm a staffer on a creative writing site, but no, this is not "rude." It's basic criticism, and it's valid. Telling someone "good job" regardless to of the actual quality of their work doesn't help anybody. If anything, it's a detriment to the OP(s), because they will never improve themselves.

I'm going to be quite frank here, these ideas aren't the best. They are indeed overpowered. They're often the slime-versions of a Mary Sue, if I'm gonna be honest. Super rare, their plorts are worth an excessive amount of NBs, often eat other slimes (which I find to be a bad and uncharacteristic idea in the first place), and are either very, very exploitable, or just plain unnecessary.

Overall, it feels like the OPs are just shotgunning and throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks.
The worst/best wolpertinger
Spider Slime idea!: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby Scorp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:02 pm

MsFantem wrote:
Seibo wrote:

It doesn't matter if you're "trying not to be," you're acting very rude. Also the plort design is super cool!

This may be because I'm a staffer on a creative writing site, but no, this is not "rude." It's basic criticism, and it's valid. Telling someone "good job" regardless to of the actual quality of their work doesn't help anybody. If anything, it's a detriment to the OP(s), because they will never improve themselves.

I'm going to be quite frank here, these ideas aren't the best. They are indeed overpowered. They're often the slime-versions of a Mary Sue, if I'm gonna be honest. Super rare, their plorts are worth an excessive amount of NBs, often eat other slimes (which I find to be a bad and uncharacteristic idea in the first place), and are either very, very exploitable, or just plain unnecessary.

Overall, it feels like the OPs are just shotgunning and throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks.

Regardless of where you staff other places, someone telling a person to "Think twice" before they do something is nothing BUT rude.
Some of the best ideas come from stream of consciousness, and if someone doesn't like the design of a slime they should say exactly that, not throw in personal attacks under the guise of valid criticism.
Criticism is giving helpful tips on how to improve something, not just smearing the person's creation.
Scorp
Plort

Postby Scorp » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 pm

I for one enjoy the idea of a slime that can fight back against the Tarr, a rancher and a full vac gun is completely useless against how fast those dang things multiply!
Scorp
Plort

Postby ImpossibRu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:25 pm

OreRancher wrote:unoriginal

OreRancher wrote:could've had a more creatove name, like lunar slime

How dare you.
As an artist, whether it was made in paint or photoshop, the point is the idea.
Calling their slime unoriginal and uncreative is extremely rude. At least they are trying, and putting their ideas up to share with everyone.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 pm

MsFantem wrote:This may be because I'm a staffer on a creative writing site, but no, this is not "rude." It's basic criticism, and it's valid. Telling someone "good job" regardless to of the actual quality of their work doesn't help anybody. If anything, it's a detriment to the OP(s), because they will never improve themselves.

I would completely agree with you if this forum was for artists sharing just artwork in general and looking for feedback.
It's just a forum for slime design concepts, the point is just the idea.

Surely you don't think the developers would actually use the plort base prices, or anything that looks abuse-able. They are just looking for overall ideas. ;p
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby Wholan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Aaand this is the archetype of comments we'll get on this forum for the next years
Sorry for typos!
my slimes: click
Wholan
Rancher

Postby MsFantem » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:
MsFantem wrote:This may be because I'm a staffer on a creative writing site, but no, this is not "rude." It's basic criticism, and it's valid. Telling someone "good job" regardless to of the actual quality of their work doesn't help anybody. If anything, it's a detriment to the OP(s), because they will never improve themselves.

I would completely agree with you if this forum was for artists sharing just artwork in general and looking for feedback.
It's just a forum for slime design concepts, the point is just the idea.

Surely you don't think the developers would actually use the plort base prices, or anything that looks abuse-able. They are just looking for overall ideas. ;p

Yeah, suppose you're right on that. Guess I'm just more adapted to stricter environments and I'm taking it too seriously. U^w^;U
The worst/best wolpertinger
Spider Slime idea!: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design