Spider Slime and a few random things (with concept art!)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Spider Slime and a few random things (with concept art!)

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Heya, guys. First post here, and was itching to let y'all see a few ideas I have for the game. They're a tad rough, but I think it'd be interesting to toy around with. I'll be tossing out a lot of ideas for a wide amount of stuff, so I apologize if this becomes disjointed. I'll try to keep it as neat as I can. I also apologize, I'm not the best artist.

Corral upgrade/Plot ideas:

Pool upgrade:
Cost: more than or equal to the pond plot
Purpose: While puddle slimes are nice, docile additions to any range, there are other water-reliant slimes that are more active, and may be inclined to wander out. With this, they'll be just as safe and secure as they would be in your typical corral, while remaining just as hydrated. This does not mean that they still won't need food however.
Alternatives: Perhaps a greenhouse-esk sprinkler upgrade? It'd definitely work for plant-based slimes, and prevent abuse if it follows the same rules as the ones in gardens. An aquarium upgrade would be worth considering as well for fish-based slimes, though, that'd require a way not to be exploited. Something worth considering is, instead of water, it'd be filled with a safer, synthetic version of the slime-water in the slime sea.

Heat-lamp/Cooler upgrade:
Cost: 250 NB
Purpose: Some slimes are more at home in warmer or cooler climates, and would not otherwise be comfortable in a plot. While some slimes may simply not produce as many plots in the standard environment, others may evaporate, melt, or even turn to solid rock.

Slime Siren Plot:
Cost:{/u] 1000 NB
[u]Purpose:
Many ranchers decide to let their largos have a free range to roam, whether it be in the grotto or the overgrowth, but when it comes time to collect, the largos keep getting sucked in your vacpac! When activated, his set of loudspeakers will play music irresistible to any slime, leaving their plorts behind for you to collect.

Name: Spider slime

SpiderSlime.png
SpiderSlime.png (40.13 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

"Spins a good yarn..."
Diet: meat, or, if implemented, insects

Slimeology: Spider Slimes got their name from their silk-like plorts, and tendencies to climb walls and cover the ground in a sticky purple goo. With their four eyes and predatory fangs, these slimes love to pounce downwards on anything that gets caught in their traps, whether it be for play or prey.

Rancher Risks: Ranchers should be cautious of ornery spider slimes out in the wild, but if well fed and cared for, the only danger they pose are their sneaky wall-climbing and hiding, which may lead to one going unnoticed and getting into plorts they wouldn't have. Be sure to keep a number of them all!

Plortonomics: Spider plorts can be processed into durable, silky fabrics, making them invaluable to the textile industry. Construction companies and manufacturers also have high interest in fashioning spider plorts into ropes and cables due to their weight capacity of over 200 tons. Impressive!
Last edited by MsFantem on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The worst/best wolpertinger
Spider Slime idea!: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Re: Spider Slime and a few random things

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Forgot to mention, it being sideways is intentional. It's supposed to be climbing on a wall.
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Re: Spider Slime and a few random things (with concept art!)

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Omg, spider slime. I personally love spiders, and I love the idea of having slimes that can climb up walls. If they nerf the bounce height of Largos, Spider slimes could be really interesting in their hostile version and could sneak up on you when you think you're safe up high! LOL

I also really want that siren. Nothing drives me more crazy than Largos getting all up in my business and getting stuck to my vac. Having a way to round them up, like cow bells in Harvest Moon, would be a great enhancement to ranching.

Q-Q AND A GREENHOUSE OMG. I would love to have a greenhouse full of cute plant slimes.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Re: Spider Slime and a few random things (with concept art!)

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:33 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:Omg, spider slime. I personally love spiders, and I love the idea of having slimes that can climb up walls. If they nerf the bounce height of Largos, Spider slimes could be really interesting in their hostile version and could sneak up on you when you think you're safe up high! LOL

I also really want that siren. Nothing drives me more crazy than Largos getting all up in my business and getting stuck to my vac. Having a way to round them up, like cow bells in Harvest Moon, would be a great enhancement to ranching.

Q-Q AND A GREENHOUSE OMG. I would love to have a greenhouse full of cute plant slimes.

AAAAAAAAAAAA thankies U;w;U

These were mostly ideas I had while playing, and I remember getting SO annoyed with my honey phosphor largos. I love em all, but geez lemme get your plorts!

And imagine the possible largos with spider slimes! Imagine a tabby spider largo. It'd be so cute!

ImpossibRu wrote:cute plant slimes.

... I'm envisioning green slime cuties with a flower on the top of their head, each one a different kind of flower...
The worst/best wolpertinger
Spider Slime idea!: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design