Multiplayer

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Multiplayer

Postby OscarSkeels » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:21 am

I think a Multiplayer system would be so cool, adding:

A choice of a Male Character, or A different coloured Clothing if 2 people choose the same character.
Their Character would be on the map like how they display it in the game
A highlight on their character so you can see them through a wall
Also a name tag just above their head and a little bubble above the name tag that shows what they currently have selected in their inventory and if they are in build mode or not. I think Multiplayer would be Really epic and if a dev sees this (If you designed it to look like other things it could blend in really well and look really good)
OscarSkeels
Plort

Re: Multiplayer

Postby FlowerButterfly » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Great ideas, but unfortunately, the chances of Monomi Park adding multiplayer are quite slim. I forgot why, but I know there was some sort of reason that they can't add it. Was it that the game would require a lot of RAM to properly sync everything happening to all players?
This account is deleted.
FlowerButterfly
Rancher

Re: Multiplayer

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:37 pm

The vector math for all the moving parts synchronized over the network across multiple players is extremely daunting. There is a game dev series talk by the original designer that gets a bit into the physics engine.

It also breaks the game story, as it is a tale of solitude. It is a theme that you never meet another person. It would also make the game extremely easy if you had two ranchers and just have one person occasionally bounce out to pop a gordo or open a gate. The game is not exactly difficult, and I don't thin you can actually loose.

(That is actually one of the drawbacks of the game mods. I've always recommended that people always play the game once "vanilla", at least up to the end musical credits, and then start a new game with prior knowledge and mods. I have two save games for this reason.)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to Slime Design