Slime Designs! (With Concept Art)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Designs! (With Concept Art)

Postby ImpossibRu » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Below I'm going to be adding Slime Designs that I've drawn myself, in hopes that it inspires the developers to add similar content into their game. I can't wait to see Slime Rancher flourish and want to assist in some way.
I always sign my work. If this is a problem, note I give permission for these concepts to be used in the game.

Electro Slime

Diet:
Meat
Favorite:
Fish
Slimeology:
Electro Slimes are always energetic and buzzing with activity, jumping about as their body sparks with electricity. They prefer to eat foods high in electrolytes, and will spend morning to evening using up their seemingly endless energy. Electro Slimes will calm down later in the night, and rest to recharge.
Rancher Risks:
The biggest thing you need to worry about with an Electro Slime is it's ever-sparking body. Touching it will be quite a shock! Because they are full to the brim with energy, they can be a handful to keep hold of as all they want to do is continue moving. If you aren't careful, an Electro Slime can kill a Puddle Slime if the two come in contact.
Plortonomics:
Electro Plorts are relied upon heavily all across the globe. They can be used as a source for a generator, and even charge a dead car battery! Because electricity is a permanently demanded resource, Electro Plorts will always have a minimum of a decent price.

Crested Slime
Diet:
Fruits and Veggies
Favorite:
Mint Mango
Slimeology:
Crested Slimes are a beautiful, tropical slime that love to spend their time in high places like trees or high rocks. They slightly float due to their light bodies, and make chirping noises rather than typical slime noises. Crested Slimes love to follow Hens around.
Rancher Risks:
These slimes are a bit temperamental, and have been known to have attitude without any particular reason. Other than that, Crested Slimes pose no risk to Ranchers or other slimes.
Plortonomics:
Crested Plorts are a beautiful, soft plort used in decorations for many kinds of tribal clothing. Their beauty makes them a popular demand. Research has also shown that Crested Plorts can be broken down and used in medicine on Earth to help patients with anger disorders.

Toxic Slime
Diet:
Everything
Favorite:
(None)
Slimeology:
Toxic Slimes thrive in unhealthy areas, particularly areas lacking in other life. Although a little smelly and consisting of nasty material, they mean well and typically keep to themselves. Toxic Slimes will feed on literally everything. Due to the fact that their bodies are acidic and unnatural, it breaks down food or plorts very quickly. Because of this, it is impossible for a Toxic Slime to become a Largo. Their plorts are deadly to other slimes.
Rancher Risks:
These slimes don't go out of their way to harm a Rancher, but they can unintentionally hurt your crops and your other slimes. Slimes that eat a Toxic Plort will melt, making them a slime you don't want to leave roaming around. Furthermore, Toxic Slimes that approach too closely to a garden can cause the crop to rot immediately, just like The Tarr.
Plortonomics:
Although seemingly useless, Toxic Plorts are very handy back on Earth for disposing of waste. It's properties disintegrate garbage very easily, and has helped limit trash pollution better than ever before in Earth's history.

Bunny Slime
Diet:
Veggies
Favorite:
Carrot
Slimeology:
Who doesn't love a cute, bouncy bunny? Bunny Slimes are excellent jumpers, and would have no trouble escaping a low-grade Coral. They love hopping around in open areas, with lots of vegetation around. Some say that Bunny Slimes make great home pets, and get along well with Tabby Slimes. It has been observed that in low temperatures, Bunny Slimes appear less often.
Rancher Risks:
Although cute, these Bunny Slimes can be a crop nightmare. In particular, they can smell their favorite food, carrots, from a much farther distance than other slimes. This makes them a deadly threat to your garden if unattended or without a Scareslime properly placed. Be careful not to let your enclosed Bunny Slimes loose for this reason!
Plortonomics:
Bunny Plorts have been broken down to fine, tough thread and used back on Earth to make all types of different clothing. Especially in colder countries, it is common to see hats and mittens made from fine Bunny Plorts. In richer areas, entire coats have been made and sell for a pretty penny.

Ghost Slime
Diet:
(None)
Favorite:
(None)
Slimeology:
If you're out late and stumble upon a ghost slime, chances are a Tarr is nearby. Ghost Slimes are only visible at night, and if exposed to sunlight, will vanish. It is best to not try and enclose one of these, as their spirit may become restless, and who knows what might happen...
Rancher Risks:
Although some may be afraid of ghosts, these slimes will simply pass right through you. However, some say not to anger a Ghost Slime for a reason...
Plortonomics:
Ghost Slimes cannot produce plorts. Unfortunately, their time for that has passed.

MooMoo Slime
Diet:
Grass
Favorite:
(None)
Slimeology:
MooMoo Slimes are very slow, easy-going slimes that simply want to spend their days munching on grass and enjoying the breeze. These slimes greatly resemble their Earth counterpart, thus earning their name, and are great for beginner Ranchers. Just keep an eye on your grass fields!
Rancher Risks:
When there is a group of wild MooMoo Slimes, you can guarantee that Bull Slimes are nearby as well. They can be very temperamental if you get too close, so it is best to watch your back. MooMoo Slimes leave behind very tasty plorts, and can be a threat if any Largos nearby catch wiff of one.
Plortonomics:
MooMoo Plorts have been discovered to be an amazing substance in creating baby formula back on Earth. It is high in vitamins and is extremely healthy for bone growth. Further research has shown that MooMoo plorts are excellent for pill supplements, and have been great for people who are ill.
Last edited by ImpossibRu on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Re: Slime Designs! (With Concept Art)

Postby Nunn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:01 am

Those are very good and cute designs! Do more :O!
Nunn
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Nunn wrote:Those are very good and cute designs! Do more :O!

I will try and do more when I get some time! It took all night just to make the ones here lol. Thank you!
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:15 pm

These all sound great! I love the idea of the toxic slime, since it kinda plays on the idea of raising a friendly version of the tarr.

One idea for the ghost slimes, it might be considered "good luck" to vac them up and shoot them into the sea. This could either be because it's helping them pass on, or helping them reconstruct themselves, effectively coming back to life somewhere else. Maybe by doing this, the odds of something lucky happening increases slightly (I.E. Gold slime encounters).
The worst/best wolpertinger
Spider Slime idea!: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby WalrusKnight » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Adorable!! :D

Wish I could put together designs such as these, good work!

If you'd like some new slimes to create designs for, I have a few you could look at! I'd also appreciate it greatly! viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1088

Once again, great work! Keep 'em coming!
Walrus
WalrusKnight
Chickadoo

Postby Onyxdragon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 pm

I've seen so any bunny Slimes and yours is no doubt the best one
I’m a cryptid that appears here every 100 years.

Started on this forum in high school, now in my last year of college.
Onyxdragon
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 pm

MsFantem wrote:These all sound great! I love the idea of the toxic slime, since it kinda plays on the idea of raising a friendly version of the tarr.

One idea for the ghost slimes, it might be considered "good luck" to vac them up and shoot them into the sea. This could either be because it's helping them pass on, or helping them reconstruct themselves, effectively coming back to life somewhere else. Maybe by doing this, the odds of something lucky happening increases slightly (I.E. Gold slime encounters).

That is an EXCELLENT IDEA!! I love the creativity. If I get a chance to edit my post again somehow, I'll add that in.
WalrusKnight wrote:Adorable!! :D

Wish I could put together designs such as these, good work!

If you'd like some new slimes to create designs for, I have a few you could look at! I'd also appreciate it greatly! viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1088

Once again, great work! Keep 'em coming!
Walrus

I will take a look right now =D
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Onyxdragon wrote:I've seen so any bunny Slimes and yours is no doubt the best one

c: <3 aww you
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:55 pm

ImpossibRu wrote: That is an EXCELLENT IDEA!! I love the creativity. If I get a chance to edit my post again somehow, I'll add that in.

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you thought so! U>w<U~<3

I feel like this might be a little pushy, but would you mind taking a glance at my idea? (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079) I haven't seen many people comment on it and I'm kinda afraid it'll die before I get any real feedback.
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:57 pm

MsFantem wrote:
ImpossibRu wrote: That is an EXCELLENT IDEA!! I love the creativity. If I get a chance to edit my post again somehow, I'll add that in.

I feel like this might be a little pushy, but would you mind taking a glance at my idea? (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1079) I haven't seen many people comment on it and I'm kinda afraid it'll die before I get any real feedback.

I will take a look right now *-*
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:00 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:
MsFantem wrote:

I will take a look right now *-*

Omg, thank you! I can't thank you enough. U^w^U
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby Bearnana » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:40 pm

What do you use to draw
Bearnana
Plort

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:44 pm

Harmony Slime
Diet:
Veggies
Favorite:
Heartbeet
Slimeology:
A slime with skip to it's bounce, Harmony Slimes love to hum and sing their cares away. It is once thought that Harmony Slimes taught Crested Slimes how to whistle tunes, and can turn their environment into a beautiful symphony of nature.
Rancher Risks:
Harmony Slimes can become extremely fussy in captivity if you do not have a music box playing for them. They will refuse to eat, and primarily focus on escaping the Coral so that they may return to listening to the sounds of the wild. Other than that, keeping your Harmony Slimes happy is rewarded with joyful humming.
Plortonomics:
Harmony Plorts have been used back on Earth to make high quality musical instruments of every sort. The sound they produce is sharp and clear, and have been used in the most stunning performances across the globe. Scientists have also discovered a rare property inside that can be used for hearing devices for the deaf.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Bearnana wrote:What do you use to draw

I use a Wacom Intuos CTL490DW Digital Drawing and Graphics Tablet and Photoshop CS6
Last edited by ImpossibRu on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby WalrusKnight » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:46 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:Harmony Slime
Diet:
Veggies
Favorite:
Heartbeet
Slimeology:
A slime with skip to it's bounce, Harmony Slimes love to hum and sing their cares away. It is once thought that Harmony Slimes taught Crested Slimes how to whistle tunes, and can turn their environment into a beautiful symphony of nature.
Rancher Risks:
Harmony Slimes can become extremely fussy in captivity if you do not have a music box playing for them. They will refuse to eat, and primarily focus on escaping the Coral so that they may return to listening to the sounds of the wild. Other than that, keeping your Harmony Slimes happy is rewarded with joyful humming.
Plortonomics:
Harmony Plorts have been used back on Earth to make high quality musical instruments of every sort. The sound they produce is sharp and clear, and have been used in the most stunning performances across the globe. Scientists have also discovered a rare property inside that can be used for hearing devices for the deaf.

This... That.... oh my god I just viewed the cutest slime ever suggested.
WalrusKnight
Chickadoo

Postby ImpossibRu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:50 pm

WalrusKnight wrote:

ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby WalrusKnight » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:01 pm

ImpossibRu wrote:
WalrusKnight wrote:

If I saw this in the game, I'd hoard it. Especially if it made sounds.
WalrusKnight
Chickadoo

Postby MsFantem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:05 pm

WalrusKnight wrote:
ImpossibRu wrote:
WalrusKnight wrote:

If I saw this in the game, I'd hoard it. Especially if it made sounds.

Best. Ball pit. Ever.
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby Bingk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:15 am

I am in love with the harmony slime >w< I can just imagine a cute little piano key sound every time it bounces or something.
Bingk
Chickadoo

Postby ImpossibRu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Bingk wrote:I am in love with the harmony slime >w< I can just imagine a cute little piano key sound every time it bounces or something.

RIGHT?!
It would be neat if there was like 10 in the same coral and they made a song as they bounced O:
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:33 pm

Sapling Slime
Diet:
Photosynthesis
Favorite:
(None)
Slimeology:
Sapling Slimes are an extremely ranch friendly fellow, paying no mind to eating any of your crops or hens, as they get their nutrients from the sun. This process is quite slow however, so they do not produce plorts as often as other slimes.
Rancher Risks:
These slimes are not threatening, however, if one of your other slimes eats a Sapling Plort, they can no longer be fed food to produce plorts, and will produce plorts much, much slower. To an impatient Rancher, this may not be the ideal situation.
Plortonomics:
Plorts from Sapling Slimes have proven excellent in the use of plant vitamin supplement and growth. This causes crops to produce vivid color with an abundance of healthy seeds. Not to mention an extraordinary taste.

Idea inspired by MsFantem
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby MsFantem » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:49 am

... Does that slime have little nubby arms?
*uncontrollable squeeing*

That thing is ADORABLE I want ten

Ooh, here's an idea:

What if when a largo is made from a sapling/sapling plort, instead of the whole slime changing color, a flower blooms on the top of its head, and it's based on the other slime-type it's made of?

Examples:
If a pink slime fused with it, it'd be a big green slime with a pink flower on its head.
If a tabby got mixed in, we'd get a large green tabby with a grey-striped flower on its head.
If a phosphor got mixed in, we'd get a flying green blob with a glowing blue flower, ect.

I almost wanna say that if the above happens,then they shouldn't be able to turn into tarr anymore. Mostly so you could have a very colorful slime garden.
MsFantem
Chickadoo

Postby ImpossibRu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:22 am

MsFantem wrote:
What if when a largo is made from a sapling/sapling plort, instead of the whole slime changing color, a flower blooms on the top of its head, and it's based on the other slime-type it's made of?

Examples:
If a pink slime fused with it, it'd be a big green slime with a pink flower on its head.
If a tabby got mixed in, we'd get a large green tabby with a grey-striped flower on its head.
If a phosphor got mixed in, we'd get a flying green blob with a glowing blue flower, ect.

YES.
You are amazingly creative.
I really wish I was involved with the development so I could go run and make this a thing right this instant. LOL!
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:25 am

Sprite Slime

Diet:
Fruit
Favorite:
Unspecified
Slimeology:
Sprite Slimes are mystical beings that are most comfortable in denser forest areas, typically to shield themselves from outsiders or predators. They have a small, illuminating sphere on their antennae, that allows them to communicate with each other and light their way at night. Legend has it that Sprite Slimes hold many secrets to the history of the slime species.
Rancher Risks:
Cute at first glance, Sprite Slimes can actually become incredibly dangerous if angered. Adapting to their situation, this slime will change it's appearance to become much more threatening, and will attack a Rancher with no mercy. The Tarr can also trigger an angry response from a Sprite Slime, and if others are around, they will assist.
Plortonomics:
Sprite Plorts are incredibly fragile. With proper handling, it's properties have been under research and are found to contain anti-aging properties. Further studies have developed a successful cream for the elderly, and scientists on Earth believe this plort could be the key to eternal youth.
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Postby ImpossibRu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:03 am

Bumping thread for sprite slime update C:
ImpossibRu
Rancher

Next

Return to Slime Design