Slime Science Gadgets: Quantum Containment

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Science Gadgets: Quantum Containment

Postby DrBright » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:22 am

You know how Quantum Slimes can be a real hassle to keep in one place? Well not anymore, with Interdictor- and Superposition Collapsation Field Emitters and Quantum Tethers!
The Interdictor Field Emitter would be a gadget that creates a field, which, when touched by slimes, repells them into the direction they came from, keeping Slimes from for example escaping the Grotto. It would be a medium tier 7z reward and would cost Rad and Boom Plorts, Indigonium, a Strange Diamond and some Manifold Cubes.
The Superposition Collapsation Field Emitter would also create a field, which Quantum Slimes can't teleport into. It would be a high tier 7z reward, requiring lots of Rad and Quantum Plorts, Manifold Cubes, Glass Shards, Indigonium and 2 Strange Diamonds, since it would be very powerful.
A Quantum Tether would be a mid tier 7z gadget, that makes Quantum Slimes near it teleport to it 75% of times. To build it, you would need Quantum and Dervish Plorts, Indigonium, Manifold Cubes and a Strange Diamond.
Let me know what you think of these ideas, how I could improve them and what you think would be the balanced number of resources for them.
DrBright
Plort

Re: Slime Science Gadgets: Quantum Containment

Postby SlimePies » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:13 pm

This seems like a very nice idea, but I highly doubt anything remotely close to that could be added. The slime crew love to add challenge, this is the same reason a "rad aura damage prevention" upgrade hasn't been implemented. This is one of their most challenging challenges yet, along with tangle vines and dervish tornados. I like the idea, but I feel like the game would be boring without my quantum slimes escaping every once in a while. I'm not trying to be rude at all I just don't think they'd add it nor do I want it
SlimePies
Chickadoo

Re: Re: Slime Science Gadgets: Quantum Containment

Postby DrBright » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 am

Yes, that's the thing that made me hesitate to post these at all, I know that the gadgets would make the game too easy. I highly doubt doing something like dropping their effectiveness down to like 25-33% of the time or having them require water or plorts to run would balance them either.
DrBright
Plort

Return to Slime Design