multiplayer update idea

Share your original Slimepedia entries

multiplayer update idea

Postby joshbob121 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 am

so if we can't have multiplayer could we have a mode where you can send starmail to other people? it would be like a slime rancher blog and we can share our knowledge of the game with people. I think that it would be nice if we could communicate with other players.

hoped you enjoyed this idea and have a good day :)
joshbob121
Rancher

Re: multiplayer update idea

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:19 am

So similar in regard to literally every one of the official forums and social platforms with dedicated sections for the game? (Monomi park forums, steam forums, reddit, the wiki, the discord (which at this point is as official as you are getting despite it lacking the title) and more.)
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:00 pm

siriously can someone at lest TRY to make me feel better about my bad idea. :(
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:25 pm

joshbob121 wrote:siriously can someone at lest TRY to make me feel better about my bad idea. :(

It’s not a bad idea. It’s just not something that I think the devs will consider. There are so many ideas on these forums for the game. They don’t have time to go through all of them. I think it sounds like a cool idea! Being able to talk to other players and have a friendship system through starmail sounds really neat! But in reality, it relates to multiplayer, which has been stated by the devs multiple times that that’s something that they don’t see happening anytime soon. Too much time and resources. But with that aside, this is a cool idea! Awesome job! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:12 pm

joshbob121 wrote:siriously can someone at least TRY to make me feel better about my bad idea. :(

I will say it's not a horrible idea, although most i can really say towards the effort that would really be worth putting towards it is some way to post/read the forums ingame, which opens up more issues for people like Mia and kara and the other people moderating the forums for various reasons compounding with the hassle of moderating the forums, to begin with. If they didn't do it this way, not only would it likely be more difficult to code, but separating the areas they need to moderate which builds a bigger hassle.

I get there is the will to see some approval, and i will say if i wasn't looking at it with the lens i generally look at these suggestions with, i probably would be more supportive of the idea.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Slime Design