New Gadget: The Debiginator

Share your original Slimepedia entries

New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

TL/DR: Splits a largo, may make tars.

The Debiginaotr (de.big.inator) is a portable slime tech that looks like three linked slime pedestals. The central one is a little larger and raised a bit. It also has cool blinky lights.

To set it up, the Debiginator is placed on a tech spot. To set it up properly, the player then shoots a largo into the central pedestal, and plorts into the two side pedestals, although food can also be used.

There are then flashes of light and puffs of smoke, which occur for very technical reasons and NOT just to look cool, the engineers would have you know.

During this, the largo is then separated into constituent parts by ways the engineers assure us are very peaceful and humane, and the resultant material is reconstituted around the two plorts.

The largo is place first. At this point, some of the blinky lights that form a ring around the side pedestals of the Debiginator light up a specific color. This color is based on the color of the slime that will be reconstituted on that pedestal. (Pink lights for a pink slime, dark amber for saber [*ahem*], purple for dervish, etc.)

Something must be placed on each of the Debiginator's side pedestal. When all three items are placed, the magical process begins automatically (magic not included).

If the correct plort is placed on the correct side pedestal, the original slime has a 75% chance of properly re-forming. If the slime's favorite food is placed (for pink slimes, this is anything), it has a 25% chance of properly forming.

A properly formed slime is a regular, normal-sized slime. It will sit on the pedestal for 60 seconds, waiting to be vacced up, or will then escape and wander off to do normal slime things.

An improperly formed slime is a Tarr. The lights at the base all turn red, and the Tarr will only be held for 5 seconds before escaping.

If BOTH slimes improperly form, the separation does not properly occur. The original remains, also corrupt as a Tarr. Further, the Tarrs are all immediately ejected, flying in different directions, as the Debiginator tries to protect itself.

Why would someone create this? FOR SCIENCE!!!

Thank you. :-)
Last edited by akkamaddi on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:51 pm

This is really cool! Awesome job! :D
User avatar
MisfortuneRising
Rancher
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:59 pm

I'm confused. Does it split gordos or largos?
If you think I am a tabby slime,
You are wrong.
I was eaten by one.
Tabby Slime wrote: Nya! *bounce* *bounce*

I can't get out of here...

Although, if I take out enough newbucks, I can fill this Tabby and turn it to a Lucky.
User avatar
Lionmeow
Keeper
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm
Location: Inside of a tabby slime.

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Oh... oh my....

Largos. Let me change that.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby Noggy05 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:08 am

You should have it turn the saber into a slime fossil.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
Lionmeow made my avatar!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby kaileh » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 am

This is amazing... upgraded version can split tars into 3 random plorts?
kaileh
Plort
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am

I'm confused
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:32 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:I'm confused


You have three pedestals. You shoot a largo into the middle one. You then place a plort onto each of the side pedestals.

If the plorts placed match the type that the Debigginator is trying to extract, the device essentially splits the largo into the two base slime parts, consuming the two plorts.

If the slimes do not extract properly, you get one or more Tarr. This happens automatically if you use a wrong plort, or some random food, but can happen even with the correct items.

If you get a Tarr... the other slime is held for 60 seconds, while the Tarr is only held for five. This means that the Tarr has a free meal held in front of it, so you're probably getting two. If both extractions do not go well, you have three Tarrs launched in random directions.

If all goes well, you have two base slimes you can vac up.

I think about something like this every time I have to get Honey Slimes for Victor's requests. The Honeys seem to make a bee line (ba-dum-dum-ching!) for any other plorts, and they are usually largos when I get to them.
akkamaddi
Rancher
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: New Gadget: The Debiginator

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 am

akkamaddi wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:I'm confused


You have three pedestals. You shoot a largo into the middle one. You then place a plort onto each of the side pedestals.

If the plorts placed match the type that the Debigginator is trying to extract, the device essentially splits the largo into the two base slime parts, consuming the two plorts.

If the slimes do not extract properly, you get one or more Tarr. This happens automatically if you use a wrong plort, or some random food, but can happen even with the correct items.

If you get a Tarr... the other slime is held for 60 seconds, while the Tarr is only held for five. This means that the Tarr has a free meal held in front of it, so you're probably getting two. If both extractions do not go well, you have three Tarrs launched in random directions.

If all goes well, you have two base slimes you can vac up.

I think about something like this every time I have to get Honey Slimes for Victor's requests. The Honeys seem to make a bee line (ba-dum-dum-ching!) for any other plorts, and they are usually largos when I get to them.
Understood
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
User avatar
SlimeCone99
Keeper
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:51 am
Location: In the middle of a road


Return to Slime Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests