new gadget

Share your original Slimepedia entries

new gadget

Postby kaileh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:35 pm

I have and idea for a new gadget. it is called a garage. there are different types of garages, life the teleporter. ie. pink garage, tabby garage, quantum garage... it would take 10 minutes for a garage to make a rover of its type. rovers consume fuel (the type of fuel the rovers slime eats ie. pink rover runs on any thing, tabby rover runs on meat, quantum rover runs on fruit...) all roves have powers, ie. pink rover power; runs on anything, tabby rover power; can jump really high, quantum rover power; goes though walls. all rover powers have a cool down timer. Rovers in my mind kind of look like dune buggies.

what does everyone else think? I will happily accept your thoughts.

thanks
kaileh
Plort

Re: new gadget

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Allowing a player to go through walls seems kinda gamebreaking, and it would either make walking or rovers redundant. Apart from that, good work.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby kaileh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm

thanks for the feedback, any other ideas for quantum rovers?
kaileh
Plort

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:06 pm

If Slime Rancher took place in an open world, this would be an interesting idea.

However, everything actually takes place in a very small area. (Tangent here, but I think "Slime Rancher" and "Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles" both really stand out on excellent use of layering and twisting to make a small area feel much larger.) While things seem far, you really don't have to walk that far to get anywhere.

Further, we can place several teleporters. In my personal two games, I only use three pairs. If you watch games on YouTube, several players use the (dancing around minor spoilers) special place at the end as a warp station hub, which is actually a much more efficient use. You just need one warp gate on your ranch, and then you have a depot across the realms.

Also, we don't really have any genuinely dangerous areas outside the Slime Sea, and the devs have already said that is an absolute barrier in the game. The closest we have are the fire storms, but it is easy enough to find shelter, and you are usually safe if you keep moving.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to Slime Design