Sludge Slime!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Sludge Slime!

Postby CoconutKeith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:45 am

Not every slime can be adorable... Someone has to get the short end of the stick.

Slimeology: The Sludge slime is a slime that resembles the tar in terms of coloration and patterns, but it still has the anatomy of a slime (normal eyes, mouths, ect). Due to this, slimes are often scared away from this slime. If hordes of slimes are headed in one direction, sludge slimes can be found in the other direction. Sludge slimes are rare, similar to hunters, but not as rare. If two sludge slimes find eachother, they are often friends for life. If three are found together, they consider themselves family. Due to their appearance, sludge slimes will not be targeted by the tarr.

Diet: Fruit

Favored food: Oil mellons (large mellons with a black outer shell, and oil swirls around on the inside)

Dangers to ranchers: Sludge slimes themselves have no natural predators, so they don't need a way to defend themselves. However, other slimes around them will attempt to get away from them, and will become irritated if they cannot.

Plortonomics: Sludge plorts are often used in place of oil on earth, and also produce few green house gases when used.

Tell me your thoughts on this slime! Thanks for reading!

-CoconutKeith
I'm tired :D

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Re: Sludge Slime!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:53 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 pm

suggestion: putting a fashion pod on them calms slimes down, and putting googly eyes on them causes slimes to become happy
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby CoconutKeith » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 pm

JasontheBasin wrote:suggestion: putting a fashion pod on them calms slimes down, and putting googly eyes on them causes slimes to become happy

I like that! It really makes the fashion pods more than just cosmetics, and it fits the sludge slime well!

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Hopefully they aren't mistaken for Tarr by Hydro Turrets! XD
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby CoconutKeith » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:14 pm

That could be a cool thing determined ranchers have to work around!

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Return to Slime Design