Cloud Slime! Good Idea or Nah?

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Cloud Slime! Good Idea or Nah?

Postby CoconutKeith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Okay, so this might take a little, so bare with me.

Visual description: The cloud slime would look exactly as it sounds. A cloud made of slime.

Habitat: I don't have any ideas for new areas for these slimes, but I do know how they would interact with their environment. They would fly high above the ground, and would disapear when they hit the ground similarly to water slimes that haven't been in the water for too long.

Diet: Cloud slimes would eat fruit, and favor rainy apples, a new fruit, that looks like a rain drop and grow on clouds in the skies of the far far ranch.

Slime interactions: The tarr fear the cloud slimes due to the fact they turn into storm clouds when threatened, angry, or hungry. Due to this, slimes often feel safer around cloud slimes, and are natural tarr repelent for ranchers. However, slimes can't follow them everywhere, because of how high they fly off the ground. They will rarely float closer to the ground, which is when fellow slimes feel safest, and are also good times for ranchers to catch them. Due to how they fly, larger corals are required, and air nets are essential. When rainy apples are dispensed through the food dispenser, they will float up in bunches of 5 on clouds, that will dissapear after their fruit are eaten. If there are less than 5 fruit in the dispenser, then there will simply be fewer fruit on the clouds. Sorry this went from slime interactions to keeping them on the ranch.

Dangers to ranchers: Cloud slimes will turn into storm clouds when angry, threatend, or hungry, and spew out rain and thunder in a fit of rage. Due to this, it is unsafe to be under them during these fits of rage, which is quite dangerous for the slimes that like to stay near them to be clear of the tarr.

Plortonomics: Cloud slime plorts turn into rain clouds after being left in the sun for too long. Due to this, they are often used to help countries and places in drought. They have a base sell price of 80 newbucks, unless a better price is come up with.

Thank you for reading about my slime idea! Sorry if there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors, I'm bad at typing and spelling. I haven't been on this forum for too long, so if this was already an idea, I'm sorry. I love slime rancher, and I can play the game all day. Keep up the great work Monomi Park! I can't wait to see what you have in store for this wonderful game.

-Signed, CoconutKeith

EDIT: After searching the forums, I realized someone already did this. I'm sorry, I had this idea and posted it before I checked if someone already did. Sorry if I wasted your time!
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Re: Cloud Slime! Good Idea or Nah?

Postby CoconutKeith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Question: I just made an account for this forum, so does this count as a slime pedia page? Or do I need to post something else? I don't have any software for art yet, so I can't make anything that looks like slimepedia pages in the game. Sorry for the troubles!
I'm tired :D

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:11 pm

its fine, you dont need to add anything else, you did a greatjob.

slime design is for making up your own slimes, its not strict. you dont need an image. just make your own slime!

welcome to the forums by the way :D
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby CoconutKeith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:57 am

Thank you for the welcome! I don't really know how this forum works yet, but I will definetly come up with more slime ideas! Thanks again!
I'm tired :D

-CoconutKeith
CoconutKeith
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:23 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby McCauley1 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:49 pm

I like this idea!
McCauley1
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design