What about a Evil Slime?

Share your original Slimepedia entries

What about a Evil Slime?

Postby appples » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 pm

Meet the evil slime, he looks like a {insert slime type} slime, acts like a {insert slime type} slime, BUT if you put him in a coral with other slimes, he will explode and destroy all others in the coral with no mercy leaving you with a evil slime plort that is only (and always) worth 1 newbuck in the market.

How would it work?
Extremely low spawn rate (1 in every 500 {insert slime type} for example) and only starts spawning when a player has reached about day 10 and he/she/it it aren't completely helpless.

How would you spot one out?
- It would give you a notification that you just discovered the slime (For example, if it looked like a rad slime it would say I discovered a rad slime even if I have already discovered rad slimes).
- Also, lets say you got the notification that you discovered a {insert slime type} slime and your thinking somethings a little fishy here, if you feed that little pest in the wild it will turn into a tarr.

But WHY! I don't want my cute little tabbys murdered!
It gives the game variety. Trainers can't just walk around expecting that every slime is what they look like. Looks can be deceiving, just look at my profile picture (Hint: I'm not a roostro, shocker).
appples
Plort

Re: What about a Evil Slime?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:53 pm

That would be very interesting, but how will this slime get vacced into a vacpack? It will for sure not have a separate slot, since you would very easily distinguish it from the slime it's based on, and if it were to be put in the same slot as a slime it's looking like, when you put slimes out later it's effects would be possibly neutralized.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby appples » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:11 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:That would be very interesting, but how will this slime get vacced into a vacpack? It will for sure not have a separate slot, since you would very easily distinguish it from the slime it's based on, and if it were to be put in the same slot as a slime it's looking like, when you put slimes out later it's effects would be possibly neutralized.

Im pretty sure the devs could possibly make it so that the Evil slime and the "neutral" slimes are in the same slot without the evil slimes effects being neutralized.
appples
Plort

Postby FishFruit14 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:20 am

This game is supposed to be relaxing. Random non-preventable griefing of a whole corral of slimes is just horrible.
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:39 pm

FishFruit14 wrote:This game is supposed to be relaxing. Random non-preventable griefing of a whole corral of slimes is just horrible.

Separate game modes could have this as a feature.

Spoilers! (Highlight to see) Once when I was looking through the game's code, I got the info that a new option is going to be added in 0.4.0 - Challenges. If you turn them on, until they're turned off their effects will work. One of them is going to be called "The Cluckula" and when it's on, every chicken will bite you like a Feral Slime. Doesn't sound too much relaxing, eh?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design