Slime Rancher v0.4.2 is now available on Steam and Humble. The GOG and Xbox One version should be available by the end of the week.Changes:
- Added 18 new treasure pods, many of which contain rare Slime Science resources.
- Added 3 new fashion pods: Cute, Dandy, and Royal.
- Added a fashion remover gadget to remove fashion pod accessories from largos and gordos.
- Gordos can now receive fashion pod accessories! It is as awesome as it sounds.
- Added additional nighttime music track for the radio. It's quite romantic.
- Using new text rendering/layout library to improve clarity of text as well as line-wrapping and sizing in certain situations.
- Made puddle slimes less likely to hang out in corners of ponds by telling them that the world is a brighter place when you are willing to mingle with others.
- Changed puddle slime dehydration logic such that they won’t disappear due to touching other slimes while in the water.
- Improved handling of player pushback while holding a largo, specifically around quickly turning to face a wall.
- Added some additional decorations near the paths to the Moss Blanket and Indigo Quarry so players won't miss it.
- Added a manual collection button to the corral’s plort collector upgrade for all those do-it-yourselfers out there.
- Changed plort collector to always turn on for a minimum time even when no plorts are present.
- Added a vac sound to the plort collector.
- Game will now pause when a controller is unplugged.
- On XBox One, game will now pause when returning to the main XBox home screen.
- Slightly reduced the number of required food for gordos to burst.Fixes:
- Fixed bug where cuberries could end up stuck on top of their tree.
- Fixed bug with Ball Pit achievement awarding incorrectly.
- Fixed bugs related to the way the player moves along the edge of steep slopes - prevents some cases where the player would get caught and be unable to move forward for a few moments. No, we didn't grease all the sides of every cliff in the game. That's not even a thing.
- Fixed bug where auto-feeder corral upgrade would sometimes not properly handle returning to the ranch, resulting in corrals with large amounts of food in them. This fix should broadly improve the experience of using an auto-feeder overall.
- Fixed bug where Emergency Return would sometimes put the player well above or below where it was supposed to, resulting in a whole other kind of emergency, really.
- Some Russian translation improvements.
- Adjusted the refinery link's depositer to be more receptive.
- Fixed bug where the vsync setting was sometimes not getting correctly initialized.
Lastly, we are changing the listed minimum memory requirement for Slime Rancher from 2GB to 4GB of RAM. As we've added more and more features and areas to the game the used memory has grown somewhat over time. Additionally, we feel this better reflects the increasing amount of memory that is in use by newer versions of Windows, which use quite a bit of the system memory at all times.
In short, if you've been able to run Slime Rancher, nothing will change.Update: January 18, 2017 - Slime Rancher v0.4.2b
We discovered a bug that caused old treasure pods to close again following the release of v0.4.2 and have issued a fix. If you have a save file with the pods re-closed you simply have to open them again if you wish to have all pods opened. This will not cause any other issues with your save file. All blueprints you had previously received will remain available to you.Update: January 18, 2017 - Slime Rancher v0.4.2c
Another bug related to treasure pods was discovered that required another quick patch. You may experience certain pods are re-closed., but just as before, this should not negatively impact your game in any way.Update: January 19, 2017 - Slime Rancher v0.4.2d
Another series of issues were discovered that we deemed worth a quick patch. This includes:
- Significantly reduce memory usage by game music (roughly 650 MB savings!). For those of you that just barely met the minimum requirements, you should see a significant performance boost.
- Fix rad poisoning text not updating
- Fix warp depot display text/bar not updating
- Fix flowers in Moss Blanket having turned yellow. Our best guess is that the winds were strong on our local build and blew some seeds over from the Ruins :)